Trump: 'I don't like to lie'

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

Trump: 'I don't like to lie'

President-elect Donald Trump said in an interview published Wednesday that he doesn't like to lie.

"I don't like to lie, no," the president-elect told Axios.

"It's not something that I would like to be doing."

When pressed about whether it is ever OK to lie, the president-elect declined to give a response.

"I don't want to answer the question," he said.

"Because it gets to, you know, a different level than what we're talking about for this interview."

Trump during his presidential campaign was accused of lying about a variety of issues.

He faced backlash during his campaign for saying that thousands of Muslim Americans in New Jersey celebrated after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks and for saying he opposed the Iraq War from the start.

The president-elect also often accuses his political opponents of lying.

Trump: 'I don't like to lie' | TheHill

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
listen...
trump is taking to you
:)
he is commenting on your flake news

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
President-elect Donald Trump said in an interview published Wednesday that he doesn't like to lie.

"I don't like to lie, no," the president-elect told Axios.

"It's not something that I would like to be doing."

When pressed about whether it is ever OK to lie, the president-elect declined to give a response.

"I don't want to answer the question," he said.

His responce to the question was, "I don't want to answer the question," the truth and nothing but the truth. His honesty shines.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I love the title of this thread!

"I don't like to lie. But you know, I'm a pragmatist, even when it comes to truthfulness. I'll do what I have to do to win, however much it pains me to have to lie to do so."

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
I am no Sunday talk show watcher and really don't like Todd but..........

Conway blithely threatens Chuck Todd’s access live on the air

TODD: …answer the question of why the president asked the White House Press Secretary to come out in front of the podium for the first time and utter a falsehood? Why did he do that? It undermines the credibility of the entire White House press office —

CONWAY: No it doesn’t.

CONWAY: Don’t be so overly dramatic about it, Chuck. What — you’re saying it’s a falsehood. And they’re giving Sean Spicer, our Press Secretary, gave alternative facts to that. But the point remains —

TODD: Wait a minute. Alternative facts?

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway is rightly receiving negative attention for absurdly calling Press Secretary Sean Spicer's falsehoods "alternative facts." But a much more important moment occurred earlier in that Meet the Press interview when she openly threatened host Chuck Todd, live on the air.

TODD: You make a very reasonable and rational case for why crowd sizes don’t matter. Then explain, you did not answer the question, why did the president send out his Press Secretary, who’s not just the spokesperson for Donald Trump, he also serves as the spokesperson for all of America at times. He speaks for all of the country at times. Why put him out there for the very first time in front of that podium to utter a provable falsehood? It’s a small thing. But the first time he confronts the public it’s a falsehood?

CONWAY: Chuck, I mean, if we’re going to keep referring to our Press Secretary in those types of terms I think that we’re going to have to rethink our relationship here.

video

Kellyanne Conway blithely threatens Chuck Todd's access live on the air - Shareblue

Merriam-Webster poked at the Trump administration through its Twitter feed, appearing to take senior adviser Kellyanne Conway to task for saying that press secretary Sean Spicer was offering up “alternative facts” about the crowd size at the inauguration.

“A fact is a piece of information presented as having objective reality,”

Did a dictionary diss Trump team's 'alternative facts'? - POLITICO

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Is it just me or am I confused about a fukkin responce I can read that he didn't give according to the author who Quotes a responce to prove the point on his head?
that is still the standard response to reading the WAPO or similar, or watching flake network news
:)

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Bald-faced lies are the new reality under President Trump - NY Daily News

The latest example came Saturday when White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer berated journalists for “deliberately false reporting” on the underwhelming attendance for Trump's inauguration. Spicer’s error-ridden diatribe — on his first day in the taxpayer-funded job — came after hundreds of thousands of demonstrators took to the streets in Washington, New York and elsewhere to protest Trump.

Such bald-faced deception is the new reality under the Trump administration. Whereas every President for the past century has attempted to mold public opinion by spinning information, taking messages directly to voters, and selectively curtailing press access, Trump obstructs a fact-based debate like none of his predecessors. With seemingly shameless fibs, big and small, the President and his aides have served to cast doubt on the very notion of objective truth.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Bald-faced lies are the new reality under President Trump - NY Daily News

The latest example came Saturday when White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer berated journalists for “deliberately false reporting” on the underwhelming attendance for Trump's inauguration. Spicer’s error-ridden diatribe — on his first day in the taxpayer-funded job — came after hundreds of thousands of demonstrators took to the streets in Washington, New York and elsewhere to protest Trump.

Such bald-faced deception is the new reality under the Trump administration. Whereas every President for the past century has attempted to mold public opinion by spinning information, taking messages directly to voters, and selectively curtailing press access, Trump obstructs a fact-based debate like none of his predecessors. With seemingly shameless fibs, big and small, the President and his aides have served to cast doubt on the very notion of objective truth.

that was full explained in the inauguration thread kid. get with the times.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Flossy says......"I DON"T LIKE TROLLING"

I don't like having to tell Putz to f-ck off but somebody has to. Give him another month and he'll be posting pictures of his cat and this forum that once had dialogue will be just like Fascistbook.

Do you really want to see his cat?

Last edited: