Trump at work ... GM Unveils 7,000 New U.S. Jobs

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Trump Touts "People Are Seeing Big Stuff” After GM Unveils 7,000 New U.S. Jobs
Confirming rumors that leaked yesterday, GM has just announced plans to invest $1 billion in its U.S. manufacturing operations and add 7,000 jobs domestically, over the next "few years". Of course, the move follows similar announcements from Ford and Fiat-Chrysler over recent weeks in an apparent effort to appease the incoming Trump administration amid threats of a 35% import tariff and after years of outsourcing automotive manufacturing jobs to Mexico. To add icing to the cake, GM notes that 450 of the new jobs will come from insourcing jobs previously moved to Mexico. Per General Motors:

General Motors today announced that it will invest an additional $1 billion in U.S. manufacturing operations. These investments follow $2.9 billion announced in 2016 and more than $21 billion GM has invested in its U.S. operations since 2009.

The new investments cover multiple new vehicle, advanced technology and component projects. A combination of 1,500 new and retained jobs are tied to the new investments. Details of individual projects will be announced throughout the year.

The company also announced it will begin work on insourcing axle production for its next generation full-size pickup trucks, including work previously done in Mexico, to operations in Michigan, creating 450 U.S. jobs.

"As the U.S. manufacturing base increases its competitiveness, we are able to further increase our investment, resulting in more jobs for America and better results for our owners,” said GM Chairman and CEO Mary Barra. “The U.S. is our home market and we are committed to growth that is good for our employees, dealers, and suppliers and supports our continued effort to drive shareholder value.”

“We will continue our commitment to driving a more efficient business,” said Barra, “as shown by our insourcing of more than 6,000 IT jobs that were formerly outside the U.S., streamlining our engineering operations from seven to three, with the core engineering center being in Warren, Michigan, and building on our momentum at GM Financial and in advanced technologies. These moves, and others, are expected to result in more than 5,000 new jobs in the U.S. over the next few years.”
GM also highlighted their efforts to work with tier two suppliers to "insource" those manufacturing jobs as well.

GM has also been facilitating its supplier base to do the same. The company has been executing a strategy to create supplier parks adjacent to its U.S. manufacturing sites (already accomplished at GM’s Fairfax Assembly Plant in Kansas, Spring Hill Assembly Plant in Tennessee, Fort Wayne Assembly Plant in Indiana, and Lordstown Assembly Plant in Ohio), and will continue to expand this effort. Supplier parks locating near assembly plants result in significant savings from reduced transportation costs, higher quality communications and continuous improvement activities as suppliers are located closer to the final assembly location.

In addition, GM is confirming that another supplier has committed to make components for GM’s next-generation full size pick-up trucks in Michigan, moving 100 supplier jobs from Mexico to the U.S.
And, or course, it didn't take Trump long to declare victory on Twitter:

Follow
Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
With all of the jobs I am bringing back into the U.S. (even before taking office), with all of the new auto plants coming back into our.....

Trump Touts "People Are Seeing Big Stuff� After GM Unveils 7,000 New U.S. Jobs | Zero Hedge

obama could have done stuff like this
but he was too busy killing women and children good, and creating weaponized refugees, and banking practices to destroy any competition from places like britain and germany

Hyundai To Boost Investment In The US To $3.1 Billion Over 5 Years
Trump Touts "People Are Seeing Big Stuff� After GM Unveils 7,000 New U.S. Jobs | Zero Hedge

one thing you lie barrals don't get:
the quantitative easing and treasuries moneys out in the wild have got to come home to roost
this way you get something for the money

otherwise you would just get hyperinflation and the financial biggest collapse you couldn't even imagine after all of the idiotic liebarral kicking of the can down the road.

I don't expect you fake news pizza people to get it though
so, stick (sic) to your ( prolly illegally immigrated ) chihuahuas

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
Just have to post this from Facebok,,,,

You are here: Home / Right Off A Cliff / Dear Conservatives: Facts Prove You’ve Been Wrong About Damn Near Everything Dear Conservatives: Facts Prove You’ve Been Wrong About Damn Near Everything January 16, 2017

By Allen Clifton 2 Comments 12.1k Share Tweet Share Share

A while back, I wrote an article where I pointed out how conservatives have been on the wrong side of practically every major event in United States history. I want to make sure I emphasize conservatives – not Republicans – because as I’ve also pointed out, the ideologies of the two parties switched during the 50’s and 60’s following the GOP’s implementation of the “Southern strategy.” It’s always been conservatives (especially southern/rural conservatives) who loved Democrats when they were the party of racism, then flocked to the GOP when it embraced that racism following the civil rights era.

As I’ve said before, it’s not a coincidence that nearly every state that made up the Confederacy also: Opposed giving women the right to vote. Supported segregation. Opposed the Civil Rights Act. Fought to keep bans on interracial marriage. Today, those states are almost all “strongly Republican” — and they’ve always been “conservative.” But even going beyond those moments in our history, conservatives are almost always wrong about damn near everything. The dawn of “trickle-down economics” was forced upon us nearly 40 years ago — yet it hasn’t brought economic prosperity to the middle class. In fact, the rich just keep getting richer, while the middle class continues to fall further and further behind. How many more times do we have to cut taxes before conservatives realize that giving rich people more money isn’t helping the middle class? When it comes to social issues like abortion and gay rights, they’re wrong

. Even with a Supreme Court that’s been stacked in conservative favor over the last few years, abortion rights have remained and gay marriage bans were overturned. Hell, even the Affordable Care Act was upheld — multiple times. On the subject of guns, they believe guns have nothing to do with gun violence, even though stats (and basic reality) completely debunk that ridiculous propaganda. Look no further than Australia which banned certain guns years ago, and immediately saw a drop in gun-related violence and death. They oppose universal health care even though most other countries on par with the United States economically have some form of it, along with longer life expectancies. Even within our own country the closest thing we have to universal health care, Medicare, gets mostly positive marks from seniors.

Then there’s always climate change. The science behind this is supported by over 97 percent of the world’s scientists — and nearly every other country on Earth (even China believes in it) — yet Republicans seem to think it’s nothing more than a giant liberal conspiracy.

The Iraq War? Well, Republican George W. Bush really got that one “right,” didn’t he? Not only did Iraq not have weapons of mass destruction, but the war destabilized the entire region, and the SOFA agreement he signed with Iraq that set the date for the withdrawal of all U.S. troops ultimately led to the rise of ISIS. But you don’t have to believe me that Bush was responsible for the rise of ISIS; Dick Cheney called the removal of all U.S. troops a “sign of success” of the Iraq War. Oh, remember when Bush said his tax cuts would erase the national debt? I guess he meant they’d double the national debt on the way to the worst economic crash since the Great Depression.

Then there are always the conspiracies many conservatives have believed: Barack Obama ordered his college transcripts sealed. (All college transcripts are ordered legally sealed.) He faked two forms of his birth certificate. (Nope.) Jade Helm was a plot by President Obama to confiscate guns. (Dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.) President Obama is part of the Muslim Brotherhood. (Nope.) President Obama lived under a fake alias. (Nope.) President Obama isn’t a Christian. (Well-documented history of his church attendance.) President Obama was going to confiscate guns. (Never took one.) President Obama was going to change the Constitution to run for a third term. (Nope.) FEMA was going to be used to run concentration camps. (Nope.) Hillary Clinton slept through the Benghazi attack. (The attack occurred in the middle of the day in Washington, she was wide awake and dealing with it.) The FBI was on the verge of indicting her. (Nope.) Hillary Clinton has had multiple people killed. (Nope.) The Clinton Foundation is a pay-for-play scheme the Clintons have used to make millions. (They’ve never taken a salary from it.)

There was a stand-down order given that could have saved the Benghazi victims. (Nope.) Hillary Clinton was going to rig the election. (Nope.) To be honest, I’ve forgotten more of them than I can remember. Yet despite this list (which could be much longer if I listed everything) of all these conspiracies that millions of conservatives legitimately believe — none of them are true.

Though the saddest part is, no matter how much evidence you use to show these people that all of that absurd nonsense is pure fiction, it won’t faze them. One thing I’ve learned is that conservatives believe what they want to believe, facts or reality be damned. Even many of the things they believe about their conservative icon Ronald Reagan aren’t true. This is a hero to nearly every Republican alive today who: Raised taxes six of his eight years in office. Banned automatic weapons. Passed an amnesty bill for illegal immigrants. Nearly tripled the national debt. Supported Bill Clinton’s assault weapons ban. Yet those are policy stances that would disqualify him from even winning a GOP primary today, let alone being viewed as an icon for the party. Except, that’s exactly what Reagan is to the GOP. They worship a legend that’s not actually true rather than the reality of who he was as president.

You can go throughout our nation’s history, through nearly every ridiculous conspiracy that’s been nationally accepted by more than just a few people, and on the wrong side of all of those issues practically every single time you’ll find one common denominator: Conservatives. Feel free to hit me up on Twitter or Facebook and let me know what you think. Click here for reuse options! Copyright 2017 Forward Progressives You may also like: Chuck Todd Perfectly Describes One of the Most Dangerous Aspects About Donald Trump (Video) This is the Real Reason Why Trump Supporters are so Upset with Meryl Streep's Speech Kellyanne Conway Stuns CNN's Chris Cuomo with One of the Dumbest Things She's Ever Said (Video) Trump Goes on Desperate Twitter Rant Trying to Distract People From His Growing List of Scandals .

The following two tabs change content below. Bio Latest Posts Allen Clifton Allen Clifton is a native Texan who now lives in the Austin area. He has a degree in Political Science from Sam Houston State University. Allen is a co-founder of Forward Progressives and creator of the popular Right Off A Cliff column and Facebook page. Be sure to follow Allen on Twitter and Facebook, and subscribe to his channel on YouTube as well. Comments 63 Facebook comments

Read more at: Dear Conservatives: Facts Prove You've Been Wrong About Damn Near Everything

Last edited:

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Having been unleashed with a series of angry Trump tweets, the outpouring of carmarker investments in the US has turned into a veritable torrent, and just hours after GM announced it would invest $1 billion in new US factories, adding 1,000 jobs, Korea's Hyundai Motor Group said it also plans to lift U.S. investment by 50% to $3.1 billion over five years and may build a new plant there. It has become the latest auto firm to announce fresh spending following Ford, Fiat, Toyota and GM, after President-elect Donald Trump threatened to tax imports.

As a reminder, Trump has repeatedly warned of a 35% tax on vehicles imported from Mexico, where many automakers have taken advantage of the country's lower labor costs. Toyota Motor, Ford, and Fiat Chrysler have all recently unveiled new U.S. investment plans, while over the weekend German automakers were the latest to come under fire from Trump, provoking a blistering response from Angela Merkel.

@BB
You mean all the republicans that are on the democratic side opposing Trump?
like pissgate jeb bush?
yeah, globalist banker stooges come in both stripes - that's why they are all mad at Trump

you wanna talk dumb?
some say that the amount of quantitative easing that went to the bankers was astronomically higher then it would have taken to pay off all the debts of all the americans
maybe

President Obama reappointed Ben Bernanke, the person who’s policies helped created the initial bubble. The Federal Reserve created trillions of more dollars in new loans in order to stimulate even more borrowing and debt.
http://thinkbynumbers.org/debt/household-debt-to-gdp-ratio-100/
two wrongs don't make a right
do they?

Last edited:

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
they may be somewhat toxic
possibly we could get them to just do like the wendigo ( the greed monster) and trick them into eating themselves

at the very best eating them would cause a caloric debt and one still might die of malnutrition

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
We don't have to trick them, just stay out of there way, they eat themselves if nobody else shows up. There will be a new world order, there will always be a new world order, anbd mankind even with all it's machinations will not rule that new order. That order is cementedin the human experiance. We go up we go down, welcome to as it happens. I wish I knew how it turns out. I think us monkry pigs will do just fine for a while yet. A few lumps and bumps, nothing to be alarmend about, just aa lump in your food chain.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
General Motors today announced that it will invest an additional $1 billion in U.S. manufacturing operations. These investments follow $2.9 billion announced in 2016 and more than $21 billion GM has invested in its U.S. operations since 2009.

Thank you Mr Obama!

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
oh, what exactly did obama do?

Trumps tweets have been going on for some time now - well back in 2016
and what gm is announcing today is one of many plans they had on the table, and may never have happened at all if hillary had been installed as planned

"General Motors said today it will invest an additional $1 billion at several plants in the U.S., a move that comes just a week after President-elect Donald Trump's latest tweet critical of the automaker's Mexican car production."
GM to invest $1 billion in U.S. after pressure from Trump

gm doesn't want it to look like they were coerced into doing the right thing hence the PR spin

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
oh, what exactly did obama do?

He ended Bush's Great Recession, and boosted the economy which enabled GM to,

''General Motors today announced that it will invest an additional $1 billion in U.S. manufacturing operations. These investments follow $2.9 billion announced in 2016 and more than $21 billion GM has invested in its U.S. operations since 2009.''

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
I agree pissgate jeb bushes brother didn't help and left obama some expenses
Obama was supposed to end those wars and close places like Guantanamo etc
but instead he made war the only real export the US is now making

he added almost more debt then all the other presidents combined Gopher
and the USD is doomed - quantitative easing

I don't think that's a very good legacy

...and again if hillary had won, I doubt there would have been any new jobs from GM in the US

Here are the numbers:
By January 2009, the United States had accumulated $10.6 trillion in debt. That's the net amount the country had borrowed from Washington through the Bush years.
The gross national debt now stands at $19.7 trillion. That's an increase of $9.1 trillion — not quite a doubling, but pretty close.
Reality Check: Has the U.S. borrowed more under Obama than all other presidents combined? - Oct. 19, 2016
and thats from a news network that lies about trump on a regular basis

We'll see tho - time will tell
:)

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
I doubt very much that the Dumpster had anything to do with these expansion plans. Investment on this level does not happen overnight. Almost certainly all the firms mentioned were planning these moves more than a year or so ago.

Here are the numbers:
By January 2009, the United States had accumulated $10.6 trillion in debt. That's the net amount the country had borrowed from Washington through the Bush years.
The gross national debt now stands at $19.7 trillion. That's an increase of $9.1 trillion — not quite a doubling, but pretty close.
Reality Check: Has the U.S. borrowed more under Obama than all other presidents combined? - Oct. 19, 2016

Yes, it is quite unfortunate that Congress refused to allow Obama to raise taxes on the top 10%, a move that would have put the US budget in the black. And now we have the Dumpster suggesting that taxes on the wealthy should be lowered even more. If you think a $19 trillion debt is bad try 30 trillion or even more.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

You are here: Home / Right Off A Cliff / Dear Conservatives: Facts Prove You’ve Been Wrong About Damn Near Everything Dear Conservatives: Facts Prove You’ve Been Wrong About Damn Near Everything January 16, 2017

By Allen Clifton 2 Comments 12.1k Share Tweet Share Share

A while back, I wrote an article where I pointed out how conservatives have been on the wrong side of practically every major event in United States history. I want to make sure I emphasize conservatives – not Republicans – because as I’ve also pointed out, the ideologies of the two parties switched during the 50’s and 60’s following the GOP’s implementation of the “Southern strategy.” It’s always been conservatives (especially southern/rural conservatives) who loved Democrats when they were the party of racism, then flocked to the GOP when it embraced that racism following the civil rights era.

As I’ve said before, it’s not a coincidence that nearly every state that made up the Confederacy also: Opposed giving women the right to vote. Supported segregation. Opposed the Civil Rights Act. Fought to keep bans on interracial marriage. Today, those states are almost all “strongly Republican” — and they’ve always been “conservative.” But even going beyond those moments in our history, conservatives are almost always wrong about damn near everything. The dawn of “trickle-down economics” was forced upon us nearly 40 years ago — yet it hasn’t brought economic prosperity to the middle class. In fact, the rich just keep getting richer, while the middle class continues to fall further and further behind. How many more times do we have to cut taxes before conservatives realize that giving rich people more money isn’t helping the middle class? When it comes to social issues like abortion and gay rights, they’re wrong

. Even with a Supreme Court that’s been stacked in conservative favor over the last few years, abortion rights have remained and gay marriage bans were overturned. Hell, even the Affordable Care Act was upheld — multiple times. On the subject of guns, they believe guns have nothing to do with gun violence, even though stats (and basic reality) completely debunk that ridiculous propaganda. Look no further than Australia which banned certain guns years ago, and immediately saw a drop in gun-related violence and death. They oppose universal health care even though most other countries on par with the United States economically have some form of it, along with longer life expectancies. Even within our own country the closest thing we have to universal health care, Medicare, gets mostly positive marks from seniors.

Then there’s always climate change. The science behind this is supported by over 97 percent of the world’s scientists — and nearly every other country on Earth (even China believes in it) — yet Republicans seem to think it’s nothing more than a giant liberal conspiracy.

The Iraq War? Well, Republican George W. Bush really got that one “right,” didn’t he? Not only did Iraq not have weapons of mass destruction, but the war destabilized the entire region, and the SOFA agreement he signed with Iraq that set the date for the withdrawal of all U.S. troops ultimately led to the rise of ISIS. But you don’t have to believe me that Bush was responsible for the rise of ISIS; Dick Cheney called the removal of all U.S. troops a “sign of success” of the Iraq War. Oh, remember when Bush said his tax cuts would erase the national debt? I guess he meant they’d double the national debt on the way to the worst economic crash since the Great Depression.

Then there are always the conspiracies many conservatives have believed: Barack Obama ordered his college transcripts sealed. (All college transcripts are ordered legally sealed.) He faked two forms of his birth certificate. (Nope.) Jade Helm was a plot by President Obama to confiscate guns. (Dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.) President Obama is part of the Muslim Brotherhood. (Nope.) President Obama lived under a fake alias. (Nope.) President Obama isn’t a Christian. (Well-documented history of his church attendance.) President Obama was going to confiscate guns. (Never took one.) President Obama was going to change the Constitution to run for a third term. (Nope.) FEMA was going to be used to run concentration camps. (Nope.) Hillary Clinton slept through the Benghazi attack. (The attack occurred in the middle of the day in Washington, she was wide awake and dealing with it.) The FBI was on the verge of indicting her. (Nope.) Hillary Clinton has had multiple people killed. (Nope.) The Clinton Foundation is a pay-for-play scheme the Clintons have used to make millions. (They’ve never taken a salary from it.)

There was a stand-down order given that could have saved the Benghazi victims. (Nope.) Hillary Clinton was going to rig the election. (Nope.) To be honest, I’ve forgotten more of them than I can remember. Yet despite this list (which could be much longer if I listed everything) of all these conspiracies that millions of conservatives legitimately believe — none of them are true.

Though the saddest part is, no matter how much evidence you use to show these people that all of that absurd nonsense is pure fiction, it won’t faze them. One thing I’ve learned is that conservatives believe what they want to believe, facts or reality be damned. Even many of the things they believe about their conservative icon Ronald Reagan aren’t true. This is a hero to nearly every Republican alive today who: Raised taxes six of his eight years in office. Banned automatic weapons. Passed an amnesty bill for illegal immigrants. Nearly tripled the national debt. Supported Bill Clinton’s assault weapons ban. Yet those are policy stances that would disqualify him from even winning a GOP primary today, let alone being viewed as an icon for the party. Except, that’s exactly what Reagan is to the GOP. They worship a legend that’s not actually true rather than the reality of who he was as president.

You can go throughout our nation’s history, through nearly every ridiculous conspiracy that’s been nationally accepted by more than just a few people, and on the wrong side of all of those issues practically every single time you’ll find one common denominator: Conservatives. Feel free to hit me up on Twitter or Facebook and let me know what you think. Click here for reuse options! Copyright 2017 Forward Progressives You may also like: Chuck Todd Perfectly Describes One of the Most Dangerous Aspects About Donald Trump (Video) This is the Real Reason Why Trump Supporters are so Upset with Meryl Streep's Speech Kellyanne Conway Stuns CNN's Chris Cuomo with One of the Dumbest Things She's Ever Said (Video) Trump Goes on Desperate Twitter Rant Trying to Distract People From His Growing List of Scandals .

The following two tabs change content below. Bio Latest Posts Allen Clifton Allen Clifton is a native Texan who now lives in the Austin area. He has a degree in Political Science from Sam Houston State University. Allen is a co-founder of Forward Progressives and creator of the popular Right Off A Cliff column and Facebook page. Be sure to follow Allen on Twitter and Facebook, and subscribe to his channel on YouTube as well. Comments 63 Facebook comments

Read more at: Dear Conservatives: Facts Prove You've Been Wrong About Damn Near Everything
That sounds like the reason so many American states are now embracing Republicans .Did you see how many governorships and statehouses have gone republican in the last 6 years ?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
I agree pissgate jeb bushes brother didn't help and left obama some expenses
Obama was supposed to end those wars and close places like Guantanamo etc
but instead he made war the only real export the US is now making

he added almost more debt then all the other presidents combined Gopher
and the USD is doomed - quantitative easing

I don't think that's a very good legacy

...and again if hillary had won, I doubt there would have been any new jobs from GM in the US

Here are the numbers:

Not one Republican has ever bothered to do anything about the debt. They love to point out the Dems role in increasing it but disregard any fault of their own when they do so.

What matters here is that Obama ended Bush's recession which led to these investments and job creation. That cannot be denied.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Trump Touts "People Are Seeing Big Stuff” After GM Unveils 7,000 New U.S. Jobs

7,000 More Jobs thanks to Trump!

MAGA!!!

The House... The Senate...Most Governors... Most State Legislatures... The Presidency...

And soon another Supreme Court Justice!

Now THAT'S what you call a Ground Game!

Embrace the PAIN!

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
I doubt very much that the Dumpster had anything to do with these expansion plans. Investment on this level does not happen overnight. Almost certainly all the firms mentioned were planning these moves more than a year or so ago.

Yes, it is quite unfortunate that Congress refused to allow Obama to raise taxes on the top 10%, a move that would have put the US budget in the black. And now we have the Dumpster suggesting that taxes on the wealthy should be lowered even more. If you think a $19 trillion debt is bad try 30 trillion or even more.

betcha if Hillary had won, those jobs ( one of many contingency plans on the table ) would now be in china or mexico
amd your numbers don't include

"Of the $18.5 trillion in government debts, more than $6 trillion (roughly one-third) is actually owned by the federal government in trust funds. These are accounts dedicated to Social Security, Medicare and other entitlements. In other words, the government wrote itself a really big IOU and bankrupted one account to finance another activity. IOUs are formed and financed through joint efforts of the U.S. Department of the Treasury and the Federal Reserve"

Read more: China Owns US Debt, but How Much? | Investopedia China Owns US Debt, but How Much? | Investopedia
Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook

thank your globalist friends ( remember bill the borrower?) for that CON JOB