Trump attacks civil rights icon before Martin Luther King Jr. day

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Trump attacks civil rights icon before Martin Luther King Jr. day

Donald Trump tore into civil rights legend John Lewis for questioning the legitimacy of the Republican billionaire's White House victory, intensifying a feud with the black congressman days before the national holiday honouring Martin Luther King Jr. and as the first African-American president prepares to leave office.

Trump tweeted on Saturday that Lewis, a Democrat, "should spend more time on fixing and helping his district, which is in horrible shape and falling apart (not to mention crime infested) rather than falsely complaining about the election results."

The incoming president added: "All talk, talk, talk — no action or results. Sad!"

Lewis, among the most revered leaders of the civil rights movement, suffered a skull fracture during the march in Selma, Ala., more than a half-century ago and has devoted his life to promoting equal rights for African-Americans.

The weekend clash highlighted the sharp contrast between how many African-American view Trump's inauguration compared with Barack Obama's eight years ago.

It also demonstrated that no one is untouchable for scorn from a president-elect with little tolerance for public criticism. Trump has found political success even while attacking widely lauded figures, before and after the campaign — a prisoner of war, parents of a slain U.S. soldier, a beauty queen and now a civil rights icon.

Lewis, a 16-term congressman, said Friday that he would not attend Trump's swearing-in ceremony at the Capitol this coming Friday. It will mark the first time he skipped an inauguration since joining Congress in 1986.

"You know, I believe in forgiveness. I believe in trying to work with people. It will be hard. It's going to be very difficult. I don't see this president-elect as a legitimate president," Lewis said in an interview with NBC's Meet the Press set to air Sunday.

"I think the Russians participated in helping this man get elected. And they helped destroy the candidacy of Hillary Clinton," Lewis said.

Trump attacks civil rights icon before Martin Luther King Jr. day - World - CBC News

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
All class!

He's gonna be EVERYBODY'S President and re-unite the country ...

...when he dies.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
you guys and your predictions
lol
oh well, never been right before

well except after three left turns

President-elect Trump Attacks Civil Rights Icon Who Said His Presidency Not 'Legitimate
President-elect Trump Attacks Civil Rights Icon Who Said His Presidency Not 'Legitimate' - ABC News

of course, the guy is full of bullshT
Trump is president elect and in a couple days president
on the other hand, the vote fraud convictions in the previous primaries that got obama on the ticket show
obama was not legitimate...as was HITLARY

like flossy is not legitimate

Officials found guilty in Obama, Clinton ballot petition fraud
Officials found guilty in Obama, Clinton ballot petition fraud | Fox News

freakin lie barrals
who the hell would wanna unite with all you lyin cry babies anyway?

The King family and others believe that the assassination was carried out by a conspiracy involving the U.S. government, as alleged by Loyd Jowers in 1993, and that Ray was a scapegoat. In 1999 the King family filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Jowers for the sum of $10,000,000. During closing arguments, the King's attorney asked the jury to award damages of $100.00, to make the point that "it was not about the money." During the trial both the family and Jowers presented evidence alleging a government conspiracy. The government agencies accused could not defend themselves or respond because they were not named as defendants. Based on the evidence, the jury concluded that Jowers and "others were part of a conspiracy to kill King." and awarded $100.00

who was president when king was killed, not by James E RAY - his gun was inoperable- but by the US government...
who was in charge of this murder and cover up?
a democrat LBJ - who BTW, was complicit we now know, in JFK's assassination
JFK could be construed as the previous Trump

MF
lol
you are so full of crap buddy
haha

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
thats the best you got?
lol
pizza gate pedo defender's quiver is empty eh?
like his head

Not if idiots like Db are still alive.
yeah
and you have to prove i am and you can't
but you have had your fake news butt handed to you several times a day sinse the election
heh heh

and you are defending pizza gate pedos
but i'm not telling you anything you didn't already know
:)

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Kings power was solidifyed by his termination. A dead icon is very much easiedr to wave about than a living farting thing.

The Ico alwayswants to sol;idify at a predetermined time. Just in time is most efficient.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Who attacked who? The one disparaging Trump is a hero but when Trump call him to account he is 'attacking'?
C'mon!
Even heroes and respected Senators make mistakes and John Lewis misspoke when he said what he did. It is counterproductive and damaging to the country to keep insulting the President-elect. Those who keep doing it are certainly NOT thinking about the future of America. They are contributing to the diversity that is tearing the country apart and making America look weak and foolish in the eyes of the world.
It's time people grew up and dealt with the hand they are played. There will be another election in four years. If you don't like the government, get out and vote then and change it.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
thats the best you got?
lol
pizza gate pedo defender's quiver is empty eh?
like his head

yeah
and you have to prove i am and you can't
but you have had your fake news butt handed to you several times a day sinse the election
heh heh

and you are defending pizza gate pedos
but i'm not telling you anything you didn't already know
:)

Smoke another one

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
How many dice are cast for just in time accuracy? 2 7 112? Who knows? I can state with confidence trhatr I don't, My recoird here bvacks up thgat suspicio n. I could be guilty or not, perhaps I,.m mentally uncooperative

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Who attacked who? The one disparaging Trump is a hero but when Trump call him to account he is 'attacking'?
C'mon!

If you can't stand the heat, don't run for high office. Trump's personality is quite obviously not up to the job that he is about to take over. The fragile victim bullshyte is already old and isn't even sworn it, yet. The man has zero class and zero ability to unite his divided nation. It is a disaster.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
If you can't stand the heat, don't run for high office. Trump's personality is quite obviously not up to the job that he is about to take over. The fragile victim bullshyte is already old and isn't even sworn it, yet. The man has zero class and zero ability to unite his divided nation. It is a disaster.

So people like you are going to keep pointing that out at every opportunity! How very helpful that will be to America's future!
I could say, if you can't accept the will of the voter's don't run for high office.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
So people like you are going to keep pointing that out at every opportunity! How very helpful that will be to America's future!
I could say, if you can't accept the will of the voter's don't run for high office.

If Trump had any class or skill at all, he wouldn't lash out like a maniac, like he did at CNN and the BBC at his "news" conference.

He is not fit for office.

America's future is best served by be immediate impeachment ... he possibly,his arrest for treason.