How the Mainstream Media Constructs #FakeNews

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Imagine you're a typical news consumer reading these three independent stories about Trump's directive for all U.S. ambassadors to leave their posts by January 20th:

1. New York Times
  2. Washington Post
  3. Reuters
Reading just these [supposedly] "straight" news pieces, what impression would you be left with? Perhaps that President Elect Donald J. Trump is a heartless bastard who doesn't care about families & children? That seems to be a recurring theme.

Now read this and this. Given that you now know that Obama did exactly the same thing, has your impression changed?

http://www.smalldeadanimals.com/2017/01/how-the-mainstr.html#comments

as you were kids.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Typical hypocrisy of the MSM - if it's who they support, it's good; if they don't support, it's bad.

Thanks for the info.

Dix

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Typical hypocrisy of the MSM - if it's who they support, it's good; if they don't support, it's bad.

Thanks for the info.

Dix
It ain't just the MSM. Partisan supporters will still justify Obama doing it while castigating Trump for the same thing.
We can see something similar here when it comes to our oil sands. When the previous Liberal govt was in power, those oil sands were the best thing for Canada since Confederation. Chretien even increased the exploration and exploitation of the oil sands despite signing on to the Kyoto Accord. But as soon as the Conservatives got in, those oil sands were a national disgrace, they needed to be shut down, pipelines were evil, etc etc.
Now that the Liberals are back in, suddenly those oil sands will help our economy, help increase our trade, oh and don't forget, we suddenly NEED pipelines now.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The news outlets are not the creators of their own headlines unless you look at Soros (and his fellow elite) as being the head of the companies. The election story can be beat to death and none of it is about the election. It takes up space so other news doesn't get published. For the US being such a global power suddenly you hear nothing about them to any great extent.

With ISIS being blamed for the murders in Jerusalem that gives Israel the opportunity to side with Russia in their war against ISIS and that is going to be pretty hard to spin. Lebanon was taken over in the last election as their PM is a billionaire whose companies are in Saudi so that is what is behind the push to get arms from them as a gift (more or less) and the weapons are defective or old stock so they are of no use in waging a war against anybody but their own citizens.

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
In my opinion the title of "Media Liars In Chief" is shared by CNN, NBC, HLN, Bloomberg and now ABC. I trust about 10% of what I read and even less about what I hear.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
You don't have to guess about the news if you are somewhat informed on the stories they cover and it is quite apparent right them what is a fabrication and what is a fact. It is unlikely most will hear a story and then go and verify that it was true. (if you care about knowing the difference, most don't apparently of fake news would not even be possible)

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
What about that Canadian connection to the Ft.Lauterdale shooting? It was all over the media for a day.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The Mainstream Is Circling The Wagons: "They're Coming For All Of Us...It's An Orchestrated Attack Against Truth"

Within hours of the election of Donald Trump the mainstream media, their politico counterparts and social media operatives began spreading the narrative that the President was only elected as a result of the dissemination of fake news. The term itself became a rallying cry for everyone from major search engines to massive social media websites who said they would create fact checking teams within their organizations to ensure only legitimate news and information would be listed on their respective platforms. Soon, the leftist media began spreading lists, none of which were backed with any actual evidence, of supposed “fake news” purveyors and Russian propaganda websites. The lists included some of the most highly trafficked non-mainstream websites and aggregators around the world. As these Silicon Valley behemoths and popular news organizations mobilized, so too did mainstream advertising agencies, one of which quickly pulled advertising from the purported king of fake news, conservative leaning news organization Breitbart.com.

The battle was clearly on. And to this day, it continues in earnest. Legitimate news is being buried in feeds and search engine pages, while the effort to directly attack the revenue of alternative media websites continues to expand.

Several weeks ago Mike Adams of NaturalNews.com penned an alert in which he reported that a shadow organization had contacted him with an offer to either help them take down Infowars founder Alex Jones, or be destroyed. Adams, being a long-time proponent of free speech and liberty, took to the internet to expose them instead. Naturally, the skeptics laughed it all off as another conspiracy theory.

Except just days after Natural News posted the warning, Infowars was suddenly dropped by one of the world’s largest online advertising agencies, reportedly costing the network some $3 million in revenue. And within a week of that attack, the largest search engine in the world delisted some 140,000 NaturalNews.com pages from their search results.

While this may seem like no big deal for the average reader today, what these recent actions demonstrate is that a conglomerate of traditional news media, big business and political operatives are actively working to suppress the reporting of information that runs counter to the mainstream agenda.

First they come for the purveyors of truth and information that has remained hidden from the masses for decades. Next they will come for those who publicly discuss their views and and ideas on social media and other forums. And while you may not fall into any of these two categories, make no mistake, as SGT Report warns in the following must-watch report, one day they will come for you, too.
They’ll be coming for all of us… Because this is an orchestrated attack against truth… I cannot imagine living in a time in the United States of America where this is allowed to stand…

more

The Mainstream Is Circling The Wagons: "They're Coming For All Of Us...It's An Orchestrated Attack Against Truth" | Zero Hedge

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Trump Relied on Breitbart to Claim Obama Tapped His Phones

Breitbart, the media outlet previously run by White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon, published a story Friday outlining actions supposedly taken by the Obama administration to monitor Trump Tower in New York during the campaign. The story, which claimed the moves were aimed at undermining Trump’s candidacy, referenced commentary on Thursday by radio host Mark Levin that made similar claims.

Neither Breitbart News nor Levin cited independent reporting to back up the assertions.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/...-obama-sick-claims-trump-tower-was-wiretapped

If in fact Trump Tower was wiretapped during the 2016 presidential campaign, as President Trump claimed in several tweets Saturday morning, he can do much more than say so on twitter: Presidents have the power to declassify anything at any time, so Trump could immediately make public any government records of such surveillance.

So what does all this mean?

The most likely explanation is that there was never any wiretapping of Trump Tower – or as Trump put it in another tweet, “my phones” — but the FISA court did allow surveillance of the Philadelphia server and the Justice Department ultimately decided there was nothing to it.

Or perhaps the Justice Department decided there was something to it and is still investigating it.

Or perhaps there were FISA court warrants but for surveillance of people around Trump that had nothing to do with the Philadelphia server and the Russian bank.

Or perhaps Trump never read the Breitbart article but instead learned there was significant surveillance of Trump Tower in the way you’d expect a president would, from the massive intelligence apparatus he commands.

Or perhaps Trump has simply gotten all of this wrong.

Whatever the case, Trump has the power to clarify it and everything else about the Russia story right now by declassifying whatever surveillance records exist of contacts between people in his orbit and Russia. If he and his associates did nothing wrong, he has every incentive to do so as soon as possible.

https://theintercept.com/2017/03/04...retapped-trump-can-declassify-that-right-now/

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Its also what the mainstrean media WON"T talk about:
like the clintons and Geoffrey Epstein, convicted pedo, and their trips to pedo island
or all the people obamba and the clintons have killed to enrich their corporate and foreign
backers like NAZI george soros, or the sheiks of araby
;)
...and of course, also the supporters of such pedophilia and in high places and their wars for profit

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Its also what the mainstrean media WON"T talk about:
like the clintons and Geoffrey Epstein, convicted pedo, and their trips to pedo island
or all the people obamba and the clintons have killed to enrich their corporate and foreign
backers like NAZI george soros, or the sheiks of araby
;)
...and of course, also the supporters of such pedophilia and in high places and their wars for profit

Get help.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
lol
all the help
;)
is aimed at people like you

but I don't mind some of my tax dollars helping the next guy
though in your case I doubt it will take.
like ron white famously said:
"You can't fix stupid!"

you do have an up to date health card right?
if not
ask your mom

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Gavin McInnes‏Verified account @Gavin_McInnes
Gavin McInnes Retweeted Mark Dice
All this stuff was scary before we won. Now it's hilarious.

CNN Cuts Feed of Congressman After He Reveals Facts About Refugees

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
lol
all the help
;)
is aimed at people like you

but I don't mind some of my tax dollars helping the next guy
though in your case I doubt it will take.
like ron white famously said:
"You can't fix stupid!"

you do have an up to date health card right?
if not
ask your mom
I mean it, you sick little fukc.

You've now taken to sending me private messages with a threatening tone. Get help, now.

"
Danbones said:
;)
hey chickensh!t hows trix?
have a NICE day in the salt mine
balk balk balk
"

Perhaps the police up in Midland can help, too.

Is that really your photo on your profile? That should help identify you for whatever action has to be taken

Last edited:

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
I mean it, you sick little fukc.

You've now taken to sending me private messages with a threatening tone. Get help, now.

"
"

Perhaps the police up in Midland can help, too.

Is that really your photo on your profile? That should help identify you for whatever action has to be taken

AFTER YOU BROUGHT UP THE SUBJECT OF BONKING ME ON THE HEAD?
the message contained only this
";)"
have a NICE day in the salt mine
balk balk balk"

...and that because you failed to back up your mouth!
if thats threatening, YOU are a CHICKENCHIT LIAR.
;)
so now we all know
ChickenCHIT

asking a mouthrunner to back yourself up is a threat?
wow!!!
SNOWFLAKE ALERT

just like all those battles you claim to have fought in an era when there was none

Last edited: