America Great Again: Part Deux

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
[SIZE=+7]Good gawd...the man is still working from Trump Tower. Can you imagine how good things will become when he finally grabs the keys back from that mongrel?

[/SIZE]
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — Japanese electronics company Panasonic and U.S. electric car maker Tesla said Tuesday they plan to begin production of solar cells at a factory in Buffalo, New York.

The two companies said they finalized an agreement calling for Tokyo-based Panasonic to pay capital costs for the manufacturing. Palo Alto, California-based Tesla made a "long-term purchase commitment" to Panasonic.

Their statement gave no financial figures.

The factory in Buffalo is under development by SolarCity Corp., a San Mateo, California-based solar panel company owned by Tesla. The photovoltaic cells and modules will be used in solar panels for non-solar roof products and solar glass tile roofs that Tesla plans to begin making, the announcement said.

Production is due to begin in mid-2017. Tesla said it will create 1,400 jobs in Buffalo, 500 in manufacturing and plans further expansion in Buffalo.

Panasonic also is to work with Tesla on next-generation technology, the companies said.

New York state has committed $750 million to build and outfit the plant at Buffalo's RiverBend site, the centerpiece of Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo's "Buffalo Billion" program to revitalize the upstate region's largest city.

SolarCity has committed to investing $5 billion over 10 years in New York state, hiring almost 1,500 workers at the Buffalo plant for five years and employing at least 2,000 more people across New York in exchange for use of the state-owned plant.

In October, when word emerged about the possible manufacturing collaboration, the head of New York state's economic development agency said SolarCity will be held to job creation promises made when the state committed funding to build and outfit the plant, which is expected to begin production next summer.
[SIZE=+7]
TESLA, PANASONIC AGREE TO PRODUCE IN BUFFALO...

[/SIZE]
Consumer confidence climbed in December to the highest level since August 2001 as Americans were more upbeat about the outlook than at any time in the last 13 years, according to a report Tuesday from the New York-based Conference Board.
Key Points

• Confidence index increased to 113.7 (forecast was 109) from a revised 109.4 in November
  • Measure of consumer expectations for the next six months rose to 105.5, the highest since December 2003, from 94.4
  • Present conditions index fell to 126.1 from 132
  • Share of Americans expecting better business conditions six months from now rose to 23.6 percent, the highest since February 2011, from 16.4 percent

American households are expecting a Donald Trump administration to deliver. They are more upbeat about the prospects for the economy, labor market and their incomes, according to the Conference Board’s report. The results corroborate surveys by the University of Michigan and the National Federation of Independent Business, which showed jumps in household and business sentiment on Trump’s pledges to boost jobs, cut taxes and ease regulations.

more

Consumer Confidence Highest Since '01...

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Question is: Will they be cheaper than Chinese panels?

It's going to be tough to beat 30 cents a KW.

Hopefully this will give Buffalo some wings.

Update....

I see why they chose Buffalo...dirt cheap power subsidized by ON.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Hehehe...Poor Trumpites believe every job created from now on is because of Trump. I wonder who was responsible for all the jobs BT.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
America is an enigma the grand experiment of an open society died in the
nineteen sixties. those turbulant times were testing the foundations of a great
society that died in the ashes of protest, Now we are about to see the Nationalism
of the past great again variety and in the end, well its yet to be written but in the past
it has always proven to be a destructive force on the world stage

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Well as a person who's had to spend time in other countries for my line of work. when I hear "Make America great again" to me it depends on what is it being compared to! I've seen some pretty horrific things from human suffering, total disrespect for citizens, hunger with no help at all, etc.. Can things be better in the US, no doubt it can, but it could be a lot worst.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Trump is not qualified to be President and the end result of the Democrats being so arrogant that they thought Hillary Clinton would be a shoe in. A long time Conservative, I will never endorse or give praise to this Xenophobe, but the Republicans and the Democrats made this happen.

So, here's to four years of governing by way of Twitter.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
So now solar's a good thing......?

Solar has always had potential. Just that so far it cannot compete on price or availability with most other sources of power and it most certainly is not as green as the believers would like you to believe.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Trump is not qualified to be President and the end result of the Democrats being so arrogant that they thought Hillary Clinton would be a shoe in. A long time Conservative, I will never endorse or give praise to this Xenophobe, but the Republicans and the Democrats made this happen.

So, here's to four years of governing by way of Twitter.
pessimistic much ? Calling someone a failure before they have even begun doesn't seem to become you .

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
So now solar's a good thing......?
Only because wing power proved to be more expensive than it 'saved'. That should bring out the clouds if nothing else. If each building had it's own panels I could get behind that option.

I would put all the wind turbines under water and see how they work with ocean currents spinning them.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
pessimistic much ? Calling someone a failure before they have even begun doesn't seem to become you .

It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Trump is ridiculously unqualified to be President. He's the US's answer to Trudeau.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Solar cells? Didn't they get the news about solar energy from internet rednecks? It's all bad. Should be building coal cells.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Solar has always had potential. Just that so far it cannot compete on price or availability with most other sources of power and it most certainly is not as green as the believers would like you to believe.

A lawn collects 50% more energy than a solar panel, at least, the wire should be attached to the grass, organic solar pannels.