Electoral College Faced With Death Threats By the Left

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
You sound like you want a little more than that but I don't swing that way.

Sowwy

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
The electoral voters speak, and they're not out for a revolt

WASHINGTON -- Republican electors have been hounded to abandon Donald Trump, but they appear to be in no mood for an insurrection in the presidential campaign's last voting ritual. This most untraditional of elections is on course to produce a traditional outcome Monday -- an Electoral College ticket to the White House for the president-elect.

Whether they like Trump or not, and some surely don't, scores of the Republicans chosen to cast votes in the state-capital meetings told AP they feel bound by history, duty, party loyalty or the law to rubber-stamp their state's results and make him president. Appeals numbering in the tens of thousands -- drowning inboxes, ringing cellphones, stuffing home and office mailboxes with actual handwritten letters -- have not swayed them.

The Associated Press tried to reach all 538 electors and interviewed more than 330 of them, finding widespread Democratic aggravation with the electoral process but little expectation that the hustle of anti-Trump manoeuvring can derail him. For that to happen, Republican-appointed electors would have to stage an unprecedented defection and Democrats would need to buck tradition, too, by peeling away from Hillary Clinton and swinging behind a consensus candidate in sufficient numbers.

Still, people going to the typically ho-hum electoral gatherings have been drawn into the rough and tumble of campaign-season politics. Republicans are being beseeched to revolt in a torrent of lobbying, centred on the argument that Clinton won the popular vote and Trump is unsuited to the presidency. Most of it is falling on deaf ears, but it has also led to some acquaintances being made across the great political divide.

More........

The electoral voters speak, and they're not out for a revolt | CTV News

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Sowwy

That's it Flossy... show me more of that pain and salt.

Weaponizing homosexuality too! I told you that the liberals are bigots... Flossy proves it once again!

*snicker*

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons

Sowwy
Wow, an attempt at an insult by insinuating he's gay. How progressive of you. Looks like you're just another little "do as I say, not as I do" mealy-mouthed, neo-liberal progtard.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Wow, an attempt at an insult by insinuating he's gay. How progressive of you. Looks like you're just another little "do as I say, not as I do" mealy-mouthed, neo-liberal progtard.

No kidding! That's the liberal progs for you.

His rage and emotions have once again revealed his true self.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Still? He probably had them while still in the womb. I wonder if he will ever come up with the right answer that most of his woes are his own damn fault. The board shows changes for the better IMO and he just can't manage to make the inner change to fit in with the new program.

Anyway, so far nobody is bucking their duties.

Electors Continue to Vote as Trump Moves within 100 of 270
Electoral votes continue to come in during the 1PM (ET) hour. Donald Trump is within 100 of the required 270, as no faithless electors have yet materialized.