Tech leaders couldn't beat Trump; they'll meet him instead

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
heh

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Technology leaders are about to come face-to-face with President-elect Donald Trump after fiercely opposing his candidacy, fearful that he would stifle innovation, curb the hiring of computer-savvy immigrants and infringe on consumers' digital privacy.

On Wednesday, Silicon Valley luminaries and other technology leaders are headed to Trump Tower in New York to make their peace — or press their case — with Trump and his advisers. The CEOs planning to attend include Apple's Tim Cook, Alphabet's Larry Page, Microsoft's Satya Nadella, Amazon's Jeff Bezos, Intel's Brian Krzanich, IBM's Ginni Rometty, Oracle's Safra Catz and Cisco Systems' Chuck Robbins.

Facebook's chief operating officer, Sheryl Sandberg, will be on hand instead of its CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, who was one of many tech executives to express misgivings about Trump's pledge to deport millions of immigrants.

It could be a prickly meeting.

mo

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/c3216f75-8dad-3fce-8d8a-52561d09cc4e/ss_tech-leaders-couldn%26%2339%3Bt.html

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

It could be a prickly meeting.

They'd better toe the line or they'll never work again.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
OK so we have the most important innovators and wealthiest corporations in the US all meeting with the Dumpster. I'm betting it won't be the Dumpster who is laying down the law; not to corporations that have so many senators and representatives on their payroll. The US government runs on money and these boys have a lot of it.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
OK so we have the most important innovators and wealthiest corporations in the US all meeting with the Dumpster. I'm betting it won't be the Dumpster who is laying down the law; not to corporations that have so many senators and representatives on their payroll. The US government runs on money and these boys have a lot of it.

You make it sound as if this is going to be some sort of intelligent and rational process. Trump has a major screw loose and an ego that envelops all. Science and technology that he doesn't agree with will be discarded, pronto ... damn the consequences. A narcissistic bully is excercising his power.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Trump will get these folks to fix this hacking nonsense once and for all.

Obama never knew how to fix sh^t, so it's no wonder this hacking nonsense was never fixed.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
You make it sound as if this is going to be some sort of intelligent and rational process. Trump has a major screw loose and an ego that envelops all. Science and technology that he doesn't agree with will be discarded, pronto ... damn the consequences. A narcissistic bully is excercising his power.

The Dumpster is already running into opposition from GOP members of Congress. It will get much worse if the people who fund these politicians begin to turn the screws. The Dumpster will be president, but in the US the president cannot pass legislation on his own and Congress is used to being consulted on all laws, even it the majority of its members agree with them. As I said, in the US politics is all about money and these tech giants have a ton of it.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
The Dumpster is already running into opposition from GOP members of Congress. It will get much worse if the people who fund these politicians begin to turn the screws. The Dumpster will be president, but in the US the president cannot pass legislation on his own and Congress is used to being consulted on all laws, even it the majority of its members agree with them. As I said, in the US politics is all about money and these tech giants have a ton of it.

True enough. Presidents don't have much legislative clout. Look at what happened to Obama. They just have the power to wage war, that's all.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
As they will continue to do, the media will attack Trump and leave almost everyone else alone. But it would be nice to see some of the tech leaders have their a$$ handed to them and told, in no uncertain terms, to grow up and play right.

Trump is a businessman, so I am sure he can effectively communicate that idea to other business types.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Trump isn't a madman. They would have locked him up by now if he was. He is a successful businessman who has never been in politics. He's doing what he knows to get things done. He is doing what he said he'd do.

It's too early for anyone to say how well or how poorly he will do.

The US media is doing their absolute best to besmirch him and he doesn't even have keys to the White House yet.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
what he said----^

I'm just glad I'm on the side of the smart people. Smart folks hate lefties.
self hating actually exists?
there are enough people around who recognize leftardness, and who can do that for you
you don't have to do it yourself

unless you enjoy it I suppose

True enough. Presidents don't have much legislative clout. Look at what happened to Obama. They just have the power to wage war, that's all.
da fuq?
For the United States, Article One, Section Eight of the Constitution says "Congress shall have power to ... declare War".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declaration_of_war_by_the_United_States

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Trump isn't a madman. They would have locked him up by now if he was. He is a successful businessman who has never been in politics. He's doing what he knows to get things done. He is doing what he said he'd do.

It's too early for anyone to say how well or how poorly he will do.

The US media is doing their absolute best to besmirch him and he doesn't even have keys to the White House yet.

He's a four times bankrupted businessman whom real businessmen like Bloomberg and Buffet view as a con man.

da fuq?
For the United States, Article One, Section Eight of the Constitution says "Congress shall have power to ... declare War".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declaration_of_war_by_the_United_States

You can wage it without declaring it.... happens all the time.

When was the last time that the United States declared a state of war against anybody? How many times a decade do they go to war?

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
I wish I could be a four time bankrupted, but very rich and successful yet again business type. In this, he demonstrates his ability to overcome obstacles that would crush most people.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I wish I could be a four time bankrupted, but very rich and successful yet again business type. In this, he demonstrates his ability to overcome obstacles that would crush most people.

Someone else's money ... add some latent criminality ... You too could be rich.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
You cannot twist his success into failure.

Like Martin Luther King said, "We shall overcome." The Donald did. That is a mark of success and demonstrates abilities few of us possess.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
You cannot twist his success into failure.

Like Martin Luther King said, "We shall overcome." The Donald did. That is a mark of success and demonstrates abilities few of us possess.

You cannot view this third generation slum lord as some sort if self-made man, either. He is rich, has always been rich ... like Paris Hilton, except mouthier. He overcame any hardship with dodgy dealings.