The Trump transition team has issued a list of 74 questions for the Energy Department

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
good, good...
The questionnaire requests a list of those individuals who have taken part in international climate talks over the past five years and "which programs within DOE are essential to meeting the goals of President Obama's Climate Action Plan."
[...] The document spanned a broad area of Energy Department activities, including its loan program, its technology research program, responses to Congress, estimates of offshore wind and cleanup of uranium at a site once used by the military for weapons research.

One question zeroed in on the issue of the "social cost of carbon," a way of calculating the consequences of greenhouse gas emissions. The transition team asked for a list of department employees or contractors who attended interagency meetings, the dates of the meetings, and e-mails and other materials associated with them.

Another question appeared to delve deeply into the mechanisms behind scientific tools called "integrated assessment models," which scientists use to forecast future changes to the climate and energy system. It also asked what the Energy Department considers to be "the proper equilibrium climate sensitivity," which is a way researchers calculate how much the planet will eventually warm, depending upon the amount of greenhouse gases emitted into the atmosphere.

"My guess is that they're trying to undermine the credibility of the science that DOE has produced, particularly in the field of climate science," said Rob Jackson, a Stanford climate and energy researcher.
With physics.

Trump team's questions for Energy Dept. raise concerns - StarTribune.com

le nice comment:

Am I the only one who is just flabbergasted to witness a DOER obtain a high political office?

Watching Trump lay out concrete plans to attack serious problems head on while his last 1/2 dozen or so predecessors either created them or just paid lip service to them is..... well, sh*t..... for a rare moment for me, I can't even find the words. On the heels of Brexit, the Trump phenomenon may ultimately be responsible for saving Democracy worldwide.

If you are still a NEVERTRUMPER, you were never a Conservative to begin with.

Climate Disruption: "We Were Promised There Would Be No Math" - Small Dead Animals

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
There is going to be a crackdown. I hope peeps in the DOE are dusting off their resumes!

I expect an additional questionnaire for the EPA soon.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
There is going to be a crackdown. I hope peeps in the DOE are dusting off their resumes!

I expect an additional questionnaire for the EPA soon.
And the DoJ the CIA , FBI , IRS , and every other federal agency . If he does it there we will eventually follow suit .

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
"My guess is that they're trying to undermine the credibility of the science that DOE has produced, particularly in the field of climate science," said Rob Jackson, a Stanford climate and energy researcher.

Credible science
would be difficult to undermine.... Mind you, science built on lies and fabrications takes nothing to flatten

Sounds like Rob Jackson over at Stanford is worried about his job..... There's always flipping burgers I guess