Thanks obama, for being 'cool'

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
the time is drawing nigh when we'll be bereft of his uncle barry grin. we'll all miss him.

in the spirit of audacious jocundity, let us thank the magic negro, barack hussein obama II , for all he has given to not only the United States but the world.

and who better to start with really than the socially informed and highly educated young people in maryland.

heh...mary land. that's funny.

anyway kids:

In honor of the holiday, Campus Reform visited the University of Maryland to find out if students are thankful for Obama’s presidency, and if so, what exactly they’re thankful for.

They had no idea, so most students just fell back on their most truthful answer: Obama is just "cool."

With the Thanksgiving holiday upon us, families will soon be gathered around their tables to give thanks.

In honor of the holiday, Campus Reform visited the University of Maryland to find out if students are thankful for Obama’s presidency, and if so, what exactly they’re thankful for.

“...my mom pays my insurance.”

According to a recent CNN Poll, Obama’s 57 percent favorability rating is the highest since early 2009, and he enjoys even higher support among millennials, who awarded him a massive 70 percent favorability rating.

Carrying a “Thanks, Obama” card, Campus Reform asked young Obama supporters what the president has done throughout his two terms that warrants their thanks, but found many were unable to name or defend a single policy achievement.

“The main thing I think that he did was try to unify this country,” one student said, before admitting that it was “tough” to say whether the country is more unified today than it was prior to Obama taking office.

Several students were also unable to answer for the skyrocketing premiums under the Affordable Care Act, with one student admitting she was unsure how insurance works because, “my mom pays my insurance.”

“Nothing goes smoothly right away,” another ACA fan claimed. “You know, your wallet’s not the most important thing.”

One student even erroneously attributed the Supreme Court’s legalization of same-sex marriage to President Obama, and was unable to name any of the president’s other initiatives, explaining, “I don’t know, actually.”

Others faced a similar problem when trying to name policies they were thankful for, with answers including, “I don’t have any specifics,” “I have no idea,” and “Can I phone a friend?”

A popular theme throughout the day were allusions to Obama as the “cool president,” with many students thanking him for personality traits as opposed to policies.

“Thank you for being the funniest president of all time,” one student said, prompting another to chime in that “he does seem to have a good sense of humor.”

VIDEO: Students bewilderedly thankful for Obama

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
The students are quite well informed, aren't they? :) Idiots!
I for one won't miss Obama. His speeches were inconclusive and boring. His only 'cool' showed when he was trying to impress his racial brotherhood with 'jive talk'.
I won't miss Michelle's obvious resentment of the white race and her references to the past injustices of slavery at every speech she gave.
Racism has spiked during the Obama terms. Isn't that ironic!

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Why do I have to justify my opinion to you?
You don't , but as this is a discussion board I thought you just might like to expand on your post . If you don't want to discuss your thoughts what good are they ?

Or are you just a conservative bad liberal good type of person ?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
You don't , but as this is a discussion board I thought you just might like to expand on your post . If you don't want to discuss your thoughts what good are they ?

Or are you just a conservative bad liberal good type of person ?

Discuss? You? You're much too opinionated and have too great an image of yourself to discuss with mere mortals -
a Trumpish sort of azshole

I reiterate ... why does my opinion have to be approved by the likes of you?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Discuss? You? You're much too opinionated and have too great an image of yourself to discuss with mere mortals -
a Trumpish sort of azshole

I reiterate ... why does my opinion have to be approved by the likes of you?
Well ( you were to good for them anyhow )you are not at all opinionated are you ?
What is wrong with having an opinion anyway ?

BTW you don't have to justify anything , I am still waiting for someone ( it could be you ) to explain how great Obama was as a president . Did he shut down Guantonamo , are troops not still in Afganistan ,Has he stopped the rise of the oceans ? Nah it is far easier to call some unknown entity on the internet an arzhole . Such strong debating tactics .