Republicans Have A Huge Problem As More Americans Preferred Clinton To Trump

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
The polls were right.

Republicans Have A Huge Problem As More Americans Preferred Clinton’s Campaign To Trump’s

It isn’t just the popular vote that Donald Trump lost. According to a new Pew Research Poll, the American people preferred Hillary Clinton’s campaign to Donald Trump’s. Republicans have a big problem because most Americans prefer the candidate who won’t be president by multiple measurements.

According to Pew Research, “But voters’ “grades” for the way Trump conducted himself during the campaign are the lowest for any victorious candidate in 28 years. Just 30% of voters give Trump an A or B, 19% grade him at C, 15% D, while about a third (35%) give Trump a failing grade. Four years ago, most voters (57%) gave Obama an A or B, and after his 2008 election, 75% gave him an A or B. For the first time in Pew Research Center post-election surveys, voters give the losing candidate higher grades than the winner. About four-in-ten (43%) give Clinton an A or B, which is comparable to the share giving Mitt Romney top letter grades in 2012 (44%) and 13 percentage points higher than Trump’s (30%).”

As Hillary Clinton’s lead in the popular vote continues to climb, what is becoming clear is that it isn’t just a flood of blue areas where Clinton is popular. The minority managed to beat the majority in an election. How they accomplished this feat is a question for another time, but the nation has gone from a divided government to dividing itself.

The problem for Republicans is that there is a majority of the electorate that is already angry and rejecting the incoming administration and Congress. There is already an iffy public opinion poll that shows a big bump for Trump, but after the polls managed to get everything wrong in the election, no one should believe a public opinion until they demonstrate reliability and consistency.

Republicans Have A Huge Problem As More Americans Preferred Clinton's Campaign To Trump's

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Awwww, it's adorable listening to idiots whine about the exact same electoral system that gave them two terms of Obama, and pretty much every other President.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Awwww, it's adorable listening to idiots whine about the exact same electoral system that gave them two terms of Obama, and pretty much every other President.
I don't think the US electorate has ever elected a prez who quite so insane, so racist, so inconsistent, so hateful, so destructive to his own country before. Dubbya came close but he was just ignorant, not insane. I don't think any other prez candidate has shown just how ugly and crazy most Americans are. There has never been a time when most of the population was in need of a giant spliff and a serious chill out.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
The polls were right.

Republicans Have A Huge Problem As More Americans Preferred Clinton’s Campaign To Trump’s

It isn’t just the popular vote that Donald Trump lost. According to a new Pew Research Poll, the American people preferred Hillary Clinton’s campaign to Donald Trump’s. Republicans have a big problem because most Americans prefer the candidate who won’t be president by multiple measurements.

According to Pew Research, “But voters’ “grades” for the way Trump conducted himself during the campaign are the lowest for any victorious candidate in 28 years. Just 30% of voters give Trump an A or B, 19% grade him at C, 15% D, while about a third (35%) give Trump a failing grade. Four years ago, most voters (57%) gave Obama an A or B, and after his 2008 election, 75% gave him an A or B. For the first time in Pew Research Center post-election surveys, voters give the losing candidate higher grades than the winner. About four-in-ten (43%) give Clinton an A or B, which is comparable to the share giving Mitt Romney top letter grades in 2012 (44%) and 13 percentage points higher than Trump’s (30%).”

As Hillary Clinton’s lead in the popular vote continues to climb, what is becoming clear is that it isn’t just a flood of blue areas where Clinton is popular. The minority managed to beat the majority in an election. How they accomplished this feat is a question for another time, but the nation has gone from a divided government to dividing itself.

The problem for Republicans is that there is a majority of the electorate that is already angry and rejecting the incoming administration and Congress. There is already an iffy public opinion poll that shows a big bump for Trump, but after the polls managed to get everything wrong in the election, no one should believe a public opinion until they demonstrate reliability and consistency.

Republicans Have A Huge Problem As More Americans Preferred Clinton's Campaign To Trump's

"The quadrennial post-election survey by Pew Research Center, conducted November 10-14 among 1,254 voters who were originally interviewed before the election, finds that half are happy that Trump won the election, while nearly as many (48%) are unhappy. That is little different from initial reactions to the election result four years ago, when 52% were happy that Barack Obama won."

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
I don't think the US electorate has ever elected a prez who quite so insane, so racist, so inconsistent, so hateful, so destructive to his own country before. Dubbya came close but he was just ignorant, not insane. I don't think any other prez candidate has shown just how ugly and crazy most Americans are. There has never been a time when most of the population was in need of a giant spliff and a serious chill out.

Give me a fu€king break. Poutine makes Trump look like a snowflake girly man. You're such a drama queer.

These progressive twits are so up in arm about Trump. It's pathetic. Trump is still less racist then 95% of the rest of the planet. Get a grip little girls.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
I must say I am enjoying the hypocrisy of the Hillary Dems in citing the 'Electoral College' versus the 'Popular' vote.

By their reasoning because Hillary won the Popular vote, the EC should step in and award the Crown to her.

We'll hold on a minute. Wasn't that what they turned down in the DNC run? Yes it is. Bernie won the Popular vote but the 'Super delegates' who act as the Electoral College does for the Federal vote were persuaded to vote for her.

And yes, I am having fun, combined with threats, pointing this out wherever I can on DEM sites......

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
you know if hillary had run on "what a good girl am I", she might have won
but then...lol
if that could have happened, it would have

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
I must say I am enjoying the hypocrisy of the Hillary Dems in citing the 'Electoral College' versus the 'Popular' vote.

By their reasoning because Hillary won the Popular vote, the EC should step in and award the Crown to her.

We'll hold on a minute. Wasn't that what they turned down in the DNC run? Yes it is. Bernie won the Popular vote but the 'Super delegates' who act as the Electoral College does for the Federal vote were persuaded to vote for her.

And yes, I am having fun, combined with threats, pointing this out wherever I can on DEM sites......

I'm sure they would have no problem changing the system for the DNC pick as well.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
The funniest thing is that the people who can't accept the results of this election are the very people who went crazy when Trump didn't say that he would do so.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I can't stand Trump but the people made their choice and it wasn't Hillary.

Next time maybe Dems should vote instead of being complacent thinking a Democrat win was in the bag as media led them to believe?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
The funniest thing is that the people who can't accept the results of this election are the very people who went crazy when Trump didn't say that he would do so.
Oh Yea!!!!!
There's no other way to say it folks..

Trump destroys himself

Hillary Clinton didn’t beat Donald Trump in the final debate. Donald Trump destroyed Donald Trump.

With Trump, there’s always a moment when the curtain opens on the true nature of his mental processes.

In Wednesday’s debate, it wasn’t just a moment, it was an epoch. It came when moderator Chris Wallace of Fox News — who did a terrific, probing, even-handed job — asked if he would accept the result of the election.

As Wallace noted, Mike Pence, Trump’s running mate, has said he and Trump will accept the results. His daughter Ivanka says she thinks her father will.

But all Trump would say was: “I will tell you at the time.”

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion...oys-himself/WLfUdNSuAXcMvr6ME6BjkI/story.html

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

It's not really the same thing as Trump was claiming the election was rigged whereas the Flossy's of the world are upset over the popular vote and the process. Granted, they're both whiners but Trumpites have the added silliness of being conspiracy theorists

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
It's not really the same thing as Trump was claiming the election was rigged whereas the Flossy's of the world are upset over the popular vote and the process. Granted, they're both whiners but Trumpites have the added silliness of being conspiracy theorists

It's EXACTLY the same thing. Trump wouldn't commit to accepting the results.

Clinton's supporters REFUSE to accept the results.

It's exactly the same thing, except for the part where Trump was dealing with a hypothetical, and Clinton's supporters refuse to accept actual reality.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Trump won based on the existing process.

I'm just highlighting that he won AND the polls were also correct.

The problem for him just lies in the fact that he needs to make concessions to maintain power.