Report: Trump was unfamiliar with the scope of the president's job when meeting Obama

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

Report: Trump was unfamiliar with the scope of the president's job when meeting Obama

During Trump's private meeting with President Barack Obama on Thursday, Trump "seemed surprised" by the scope of the president's responsibilities, according to a report from The Wall Street Journal.

Trump's aides were also apparently unaware that the entire staff of the president working in the White House's West Wing would need to be replaced, according to The Journal.

Obama reportedly will spend more time counseling Trump about the presidency than most presidents do with their successors.

Trump reportedly unfamiliar with president's job in Obama meeting - Business Insider

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Not at all surprising considering he isn't part of the status-quo establishment or a Washington insider. Of course those are also the reasons he got elected.

Time to get over your butt-hurt

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
When asked about the complexity and the magnitude of the job at hand, Trump said, "Believe me, this is going to be yuge....sniff... it could be huge...maybe it's not but it'll be so great. I'm going to make this great American house white again....er...I mean I'm going to make this American Whitehouse great again... sniff... believe me!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

During Trump's private meeting with President Barack Obama on Thursday, Trump "seemed surprised" by the scope of the president's responsibilities, according to a report from The Wall Street Journal.

Trump's aides were also apparently unaware that the entire staff of the president working in the White House's West Wing would need to be replaced, according to The Journal.

Obama reportedly will spend more time counseling Trump about the presidency than most presidents do with their successors.

Trump reportedly unfamiliar with president's job in Obama meeting - Business Insider

News flash!

Trump's an idiot.

Surprise! Surprise!

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Or it isn't hemorrhoids at all and he's hurting from getting a freight train called President Trump rammed up his a$$...without the use of lube

Trump is into ramming toy freight trains up people's asses?! What kind of man did the US electorate just choose for president?!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I actually agree with some of Trump's policies. But then again, even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Undoubtedly he will introduce something that isn't popular, but everything I've heard so far looks real good. Clearing out the dope pushers and sealing the border against reprobates is good in my books. Most people will be getting taxes reduced.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Trump is into ramming toy freight trains up people's asses?! What kind of man did the US electorate just choose for president?!

I'm sure all the whining liberals on here feel like it was life-sized. Oh well, as long as their safe-spaces have 8 years worth of food and water stocked they'll be fine

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Undoubtedly he will introduce something that isn't popular, but everything I've heard so far looks real good. Clearing out the dope pushers and sealing the border against reprobates is good in my books. Most people will be getting taxes reduced.

Repatriating troops, eliminating duplication of services between the feds and the states, closing tax loopholes for offshore money....he is gonna ruin the country. LOL!!

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

Hmmm... Those weren't what I had in mind when I said I agree with some of his policies.

If they're all illegal immigrants, then the US government probably knows nothing about them, so how will it distinguish the drug pushers from the rest?

And if it just sweeps them, that is an expensive proposition too. The government has to find them first. At first glance, an illegal looks like any other Hispanic. And you don't want to be deporting US citizens accidentally. That means first that they have to find a way to spot the illegalsfrom the crowd, and then confirm that they are illegal, and then send them back. That is massive bureaucracy when we are talking about millions of illegals.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

While you, living in your parent's basement in Canada know all the ins and outs of the job.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
It makes more sense to just legalize them, really.

If you legalize them, then the US could get more Mexican cooperation to identify the criminal ones.