Trump confirms he won't be challenging same sex marriage law

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Showed this to one of my ardently Christian coworkers.. The butt hurt begins..

President-Elect Trump Says Same-Sex Marriage Is 'Settled' Law

WATCH Donald Trump Tells Protesters 'Don't Be Afraid', Calls for Hate Crimes to Stop
Republican President-elect Donald Trump said he’s “fine” with same-sex marriage as the law of the land, calling the issue "settled" by the Supreme Court.

The comments – in Trump's first television interview since winning the presidency – sharply contrast with his party’s orthodoxy, his running mate’s longtime position and comments he made during the Republican primaries.

“It’s law,” he said in an interview with CBS’ "60 Minutes" that aired Sunday. “It was settled in the Supreme Court. I mean it’s done.”

GOP President-Elect Donald Trump Says Same-Sex Marriage Is 'Settled' Law - ABC News

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
calling the issue "settled" by the Supreme Court
yes the concept of separation of church and state messes some people up bad
Christians and Muslims on the same page
oh the horror ...the horror

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Losing votes.... LMAO

I am SO enjoying each salty thread!

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Since we live in Canada, we get to laugh at you with the rest of the world.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
I thought Trump sounded very tentative on Homosexual Marriage.. labelling it as 'settled' Law, but not defending it. Well Law can be unsettled quickly by court challenges or constitutional amendments.

Trump will appoint socially conservative judges who will have no affinity for the cause of homosexuality.. which every religion on earth views as an abomination.

The affirmation, legitimization, celebration of homosexuality in an episodic event in Civilizational Histories. It is inevitably a symptom and an accelerant of a society in Crisis. It is spawned of Defeat.. but not just defeat, which can produce constructive responses.. but of 'giving up', capitulation.

In this way it is a projection of the failure of personality that leads to the phenomenon at the individual level onto the society at large. Only corruption and decay will sprout from a culture formed of homosexual character. Which means Trump will have to respond to it or face sabatoging everything else he is attempting to rebuild.

Last edited: