A Three-Line Law. . .

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
that will reduce illegal immigration to a trickle. And has no chance of passage.

a. It shall be a misdemeanor for any person to employ for any compensation any person who is not entitled to work in the United States.

b. Persons who violate Section a shall be subject to a fine of $10,000 and a term of 30 days imprisonment for each such person employed. Sentences are to be cumulative and consecutive, and may not be altered by any judge or jury.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
why not just enforce the laws the way the executive branch is supposed to do?

8 U.S. Code § 1325 - Improper entry by alien
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1325

In 1990, Congress made it illegal for the U.S. government to deny entrance into the United States based on political beliefs, ideologies or associations. At the same time, Congress voted to allow a 40 percent increase in the number of immigrants lawfully permitted per year. In 1996, Congress addressed illegal immigration from Latin America with laws that doubled the number of border control agencies, added fences in areas with heavy traffic and increased penalties for harboring or aiding illegal immigrants.
History of Illegal Immigrants and Current Immigration Laws in the U.S.

What Counts as Hiring an Illegal Immigrant?
Under federal law, it is illegal for any employer to engage with illegal immigrants in the following manner:

Hiring illegal immigrants
Recruiting illegal immigrants
Referring illegal immigrants for work and receiving a fee
This also includes hiring contractors who use illegal immigrants. There are criminal and civil penalties associated with this conduct.

It is also illegal for employers to not verify work authorization. Three days after an employee is hired, employers should correctly complete an I-9. Failing to do so will subject employers to criminal and civil punishment.

- See more at: Penalties for Employers Hiring Illegal Immigrants | LegalMatch Law Library

It's OK. I understand why big government solutions are your preferred way

hey, i was thinking only of your wellfare honeybuns

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
hey, what's with the illegal aliens anyway...plenty of legals are employed I'm quite sure.

anyway, don't jump the queue...get in line like everyone else.

problem?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
35 million illegal immigrants is an invasion
where was the gun behind every blade of grass for this one?