150 US border agents being sent to South Texas

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Nice.

It begins.

EDINBURG, Texas About 150 Border Patrol agents will be deployed to South Texas from Arizona, California and elsewhere to help process a spike in immigrants who have been apprehended after illegally entering the U.S., federal officials announced Saturday.
Agents from Tucson, Arizona, and San Diego will be temporarily reassigned to the Rio Grande Valley, and agents working another portion of the Texas border will join them, U.S. Customs and Border Protection said in a statement.

The additional agents will assist with screening and processing immigrants taken into custody along the border, many of whom are unaccompanied children and families.

Hundreds of thousands of people have sought asylum along the U.S.-Mexico border in the last two years, and the majority are Central American families who often turn themselves in as opposed to mostly Mexican men trying to evade capture, according to a federal report obtained last month by The Associated Press.

more good news

Officials: 150 US border agents being sent to South Texas | The Star-Telegram

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
In other news, immigrants crossing the border has increased in Arizona, California and other areas

How can that be connected to him when Trump hasn't taken power, yet?
Didn't you know, the federal government did absolutely nothing to stop illegal immigration in the last 8 years. They're just working the rust out

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
In other news, immigrants crossing the border has increased in Arizona, California and other areas

Didn't you know, the federal government did absolutely nothing to stop illegal immigration in the last 8 years. They're just working the rust out

You know, Four summers ago, I drove the entire width of Texas from Houston to New Mexico, all along Highway 10, which runs parallel and nearby the Rio Grande. Then we reversed and drove all the way back.It was a business trip to a construction site in El Paso and we had a truck full of materials and gear with us. I had been down there many years earlier and I can compare then with now. There was a visible Border Patrol presence here and there but east of El Paso, the entire contents of the highway are subject to close search off the highway in a huge compound. This is indusrial scale inspection with imaging over, under and on all sides of every vehicle, truck cargos all being x-rayed, every occupant of every vehicle questioned (my Canadian passport didn't afford a second look, which surprised me).

Anyway, no monitoring during the Obama years? Horse shyte.I have seen it in action and it was more intense than a border crossing behind the Iron Curtain. Pure propaganda. Not real.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
it's processing kids...barry processing 'em nice and fast before Trump takes office...then these 'agent' dudes will be told to go back to border protection I reckon.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I think the Mexicans won't come within 1000 miles of Utah if they blast Puppy Love over loud speakers. Coincidentally UFOs are attracted by 70's schlep.

They see a lot of them hovering over Philipino karaoke bars.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I think the Mexicans won't come within 1000 miles of Utah if they blast Puppy Love over loud speakers. Coincidentally UFOs are attracted by 70's schlep.
Of course. Why send border agents to border states when illegal aliens have UFOS?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007