"Dangers of Propaganda in America"

trumpsdefeat

Time Out
Oct 21, 2016
"...[T]he office of President will never fall to the lot of any man who is not in an eminent degree endowed with the requisite qualifications," Alexander Hamilton wrote in The Federalist Papers. One of the wisest decisions made was one that allowed a provision for a small number of persons who possess the information and discernment to ultimately decide who would be the President of the United States. Moreover, such provision establishes a safe guard for one of the concerns that prevents a person who does not have the capacity to run a country, nor the pre-eminence for ability, nor virtue from becoming the President of the United States. Recently, I had an opportunity to engage in a dialogue with the typical All-American male about his stance in supporting Donald Trump. It was quite interesting to hear his views as a Christian and his views as to why Hillary Clinton should not become the President of the United States. Also, I have been at an event where other Christians in my area were present who promoted electing Donald Trump and often times the phrase "choosing the lesser of the two evils" was voiced. The area I reside in is the Northwest Florida area, which is mostly Republican. Thus, the majority of voters in my area are voting for Donald Trump. Interestingly, the reasons that are being used to support him quickly reminds me of the Framers of the Constitution who feared that placing absolute power in the hands of the common people to make an epic decision without sufficient information and facts would be catastrophic.

For the record, I am neither Democratic nor Republican, and I will sway either way depending on the policies that are presented. Additionally, I do favor the Republican's views on a lot of issues. Although I am fully convinced that this article may not persuade anyone to step back, pray, and stop the spread of propaganda, I do pray that it does to some degree. The evidence and reasons for supporting Donald Trump that the gentleman I spoke with gave me were just plan frightening. Ironically, he stated that I was blind and that the god of this world has blinded my eyes. I would beg to differ. It is the other way around and my heart is troubled and saddened that it has infected and affected the Church. However, I am reminded that the "gates of hell would not prevail" (Jesus). Whenever there is deception involved, it is a good indicator that Satan or satanic influence is involved. This gentleman showed me articles, videos, images, and newsfeeds that would provoke the emotions in most individuals. There was one image of a Christian who was murdered and dead hanging from a cross-like structure in Libya. Another image was one of an unborn baby who was not fully developed. There were partially informed news-feeds that shared some facts intertwined with deception. Such material is similar to what the Nazi's, North Koreans, Russians, and countless others have used to brainwash and persuade the people. Furthermore, and even more troublesome, is the fact that Scriptures from the Bible are misinterpreted to support that "God" is using Donald Trump to "build a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that it should not be destroyed..." (Ezekiel 22:30) This should be a major concern for any Bible-believing Christian; however, I am so grateful that such insight and wisdom was given in drafting the Constitution.

Indeed, I would argue about our country ever being a Christian nation; I would agree that God had a direct influence on our country and that there was Divine wisdom in the formation of this nation. In another article, I wrote indirectly about how people would choose what is evil over what is good. It was entitled, "Once Upon a Time, the People Yelled," ‘Give us Barabbas!’ “Going back to the title of this article, I would implore Christians to earnestly pray according to 1 Timothy 2:1 "First of all, then, I urge that petitions, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgiving be offered on behalf of all men 2) for all kings and ALL those in AUTHORITY, so that we may lead tranquil and quiet lives in all godliness and dignity. 3) This is good and pleasing in the sight of God our Savior..."By contrast, I would also beseech that you should refrain from spreading propaganda concerning areas that you are not wholly informed.” Our elected officials and the officials that have been put in place are equipped for this. Those persons have the insight, knowledge base, and endowment to make a more informed decision. Moreover, I am not promoting Hillary Clinton, per se, but I am arguing that the underlying reasons that are given to support Trump are erroneous and deceptive in nature.

Anthony W. Brown

For more blogs written by Anthony W. Brown please visit What’s up With This Trump’s Defeat Domain? - Trump's Defeat