Dump Donald, Eh!

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
“It’s amazing that as Canadians have been so passionate about the US election in private conversations but so publicly silent. I honestly think that Trump might think Canada is behind him since we’ve made very little comment on the race,” said Patrick McCaully, Chief News Creator of Toronto’s Pointman! PR and Founder of Dump Donald, Eh! “Based on the horrific possibility of a Trump presidency, this is simply unacceptable.”

In the final weeks leading up to the US Presidential election, a small Super PAC of Canadian businesses have joined forces to send Donald Trump a clear and concise message from North of the border – that we do NOT support four to eight years of President Trump.

Acting on their shared conviction that Trump’s politics are inherently ‘un-Canadian,’ the group is greatly troubled by Trumps offensive and sexist ‘locker room talk,’ racist comments, and uninformed stance on Canada’s healthcare system.

The campaign aims to speak to Trump in a language that he understands — MONEY – with an end game of writing him a cheque with the profits of ‘Dump Donald Eh’ activist accessories. The catch? To cash the cheque, Trump must agree to drop out of the election before election day, November 8th.

Exclusively available at DumpDonaldeh.com, ‘Dump Donald Eh!’ activist accessories offer the concerned Canuck a range of anti-Trump merchandise to mark their protest and own a piece of presidential history, including:

The ‘Dump Donald’ Lawn sign – Go ‘bigly’ and let everyone on your block know that you aren’t down with the Donald. Suitable for lawns or condo windows.

‘Good Call’ Cell Phone Cases – Whether you have big hands, small hands or something in between, we offer an ideal activist accessory for making the tough calls. Fits iPhone and Galaxy phones.

Politically Charged Pajamas’ – Sleep easy at night knowing you’ve shown your political stripes.

‘Hugely Handsome Hat’ – The most stylish way for anyone to go head-to-head with Trump supporters.

The small Super PAC of concerned Canadians is betting that the country is concerned, confused, and collectively looking for a way to express their desire to denounce Donald.

“These are serious times, with serious consequences. It’s time to stop talking about this at the dinner table and send Trump a serious message,” added McCaully.

dumpdonaldeh.com - Domain and Website DNS Information Review

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
It is not acceptable for a foreign country to publicly campaign for or against the candidates in another country's election. It is rude, tacky and gauche!

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
I agree with davesmom, we can bit ch here on forums, but it's presumptuous for a Canadian PR firm to think they can weigh in to that degree!!

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
It is not acceptable for a foreign country to publicly campaign for or against the candidates in another country's election. It is rude, tacky and gauche!
Free speech says we can and should.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Free speech says we can and should.

Yes we can. And we probably should if we want to perceived as supercilious, ill-mannered yokels who don't know enough to mind our own business.
Our own political choices are bad enough that we shouldn't judge those of other countries.

Here's a perfect example of Canadian attempt to interfere.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-judge-cleveland-indians-1.3808070

Ontario Human Rights tried to have Cleveland Indian logo banned.

When did 'Indian' become a racial slur? It's pretty insulting to the Native Canadian/American race to suggest that they should be insulted by names like 'Indian',

Go to the Six Nations Reserve and you'll see a big bold sign advertising a business which calls itself 'Red Indian'. Apparently the 'Indians' don't see anything wrong with it.

Only the self-proclaimed do-gooders who want to change everything to their conception of 'pc' decide what is a racial slur.

Last edited:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Without the US Democrat Party your very own PM Trudeau never would have been elected. Americans completely shoved Trudeau's people (Canadians) aside and took over his campaign.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Without the US Democrat Party your very own PM Trudeau never would have been elected. Americans completely shoved Trudeau's people (Canadians) aside and took over his campaign.

No. The Canadian people elected Trudeau. Canadians were smitten with Obama and his pc policies. Trudeau is a clone of Obama. (but Trudeau's 'prettier' and smiles more)
Neither of them have the guts to actually do anything useful to society.
Look at the forces fighting today to eliminate ISIS last stronghold in Iraq. Where is Canadian Input? Nowhere to be seen.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
No. The Canadian people elected Trudeau. Canadians were smitten with Obama and his pc policies. Trudeau is a clone of Obama. (but Trudeau's 'prettier' and smiles more)
Look at the forces fighting today to eliminate ISIS last stronghold in Iraq. Where is Canadian Input? Nowhere to be seen.

Okay, so Obama doesn't have the guts to do anything useful, but isn't he the CinC of those fighting ISIS? So, you're saying fighting ISIS isn't useful? So then why complain about Canadians not being in there?

Did anyone notice that the original article is satire?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Au contraire. It is perfectly appropriate. Considering the power and status of the United States, everyone in the world has an interest in who the President is. And consistent with our principles of freedom of thought and speech, all non-U.S. citizens are welcome to comment, express opinions, campaign, whatever. What you are not welcome to do, and not permitted to do, is vote or contribute money to campaigns.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

The US Democrat/Obama Ground team had a lot to do with it.

Justin Trudeau’s campaign looks to Obama’s team for lessons in winning

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...ks_to_obamas_team_for_lessons_in_winning.html

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Au contraire. It is perfectly appropriate. Considering the power and status of the United States, everyone in the world has an interest in who the President is. And consistent with our principles of freedom of thought and speech, all non-U.S. citizens are welcome to comment, express opinions, campaign, whatever. What you are not welcome to do, and not permitted to do, is vote or contribute money to campaigns.

Au contraire yourself! Of course the world cares about U.S. politics but to publicly state the rights and/or wrongs of it is still bad form. Name a country that couldn't stand a bit of political 'fixing up'. They've all got questionable policies and corruption. I would say that of Canada in particular.

I don't really think that Trump or all of America gives a hot damn what Canadians think anyway. And why should they? A country that hasn't the integrity to stand up to its 'coalition' commitments isn't worth a pinch of coon sh#t.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
“It’s amazing that as Canadians have been so passionate about the US election in private conversations but so publicly silent. I honestly think that Trump might think Canada is behind him since we’ve made very little comment

Sounds reasonable, as I AM behind Trump as are most sensible Canadians given the fact that the alternative is sleazy, lying Hillary.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Au contraire yourself! Of course the world cares about U.S. politics but to publicly state the rights and/or wrongs of it is still bad form. Name a country that couldn't stand a bit of political 'fixing up'. They've all got questionable policies and corruption. I would say that of Canada in particular.
And I expressed my opinion of your election, favoring Stevie Minion over Trudeaubama. If I'd felt like it, I woulda put up a yard sign, and felt perfectly free and justified in doing so. I also freely admitted that I had no vote, and relatively little interest. And that I favored Stevie Minion, not because I thought he'd be good for Canada, but because I thought he'd be good for the U.S.

I don't really think that Trump or all of America gives a hot damn what Canadians think anyway. And why should they? A country that hasn't the integrity to stand up to its 'coalition' commitments isn't worth a pinch of coon sh#t.
Well, that's certainly true (the part about us not giving a damn), except possibly for Americans who have Canadian friends the like and respect enough to possibly be swayed by their opinions. But I'm totally cool with y'all expressing whatever you think, whatever way you want to express it.

Tolerance of the client states' conniption fits is part of what makes America great.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
So, that means you'll shut up on here?

I will if you will.
You don't like what I say, don't read it.

Nah, that would be consistent. As we've seen, consistency ain't her long suit. Especially in talking about bad form in a country where the national pastime is assault with a deadly weapon on ice.

You're a great on to be talking about inconsistency!