A House Divided

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I've been around a long time. Seen quite a bit of shyt in my day and relative to the time I've been around I honestly do not remember any time at all where there was unity in this country. Maybe before my time during the WW2 years there was a common purpose but even my parents told me some shyt going on then that indicated a nation at odds with each other. So when people say that Trump is causing division or Obama has created a nation divided I have to say this. It has always been a nation divided especially since I've been around. I think most nations are. It's human nature.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
As a local politician once said to me, "If we listened to the will of the people, nothing would ever get done."

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
There is no collective will of the people Cliffy . Does everyone agree with you?
On here, almost nobody agrees with me. I thought that politician was a jerk, but on further contemplation I realized he was right.
Ya canna pleaz all de people all a de time.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
And there are responsible ways of getting their attention far easier than being perpetually negative.

Communication rather than confrontation.

Try it sometime.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
I've been around a long time. Seen quite a bit of shyt in my day and relative to the time I've been around I honestly do not remember any time at all where there was unity in this country. Maybe before my time during the WW2 years there was a common purpose but even my parents told me some shyt going on then that indicated a nation at odds with each other. So when people say that Trump is causing division or Obama has created a nation divided I have to say this. It has always been a nation divided especially since I've been around. I think most nations are. It's human nature.

Disappointed in the Donkey and the Elephant? Why not give the Lamb a try : )

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I liked John Kennedy and his brother Robert. Both were murdered as was the Lamb.

That's the American way, sonny.

How often have you assasinated your Presidents? Does any other democracy conduct themselves in a similar manner.

The answer is "no". What is this defect in the American soul?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State

USA was FAR more socially divided during Vietnam but all went well thereafter. Same will happen eventually.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Folks like you who whine a lot

Count them up, sometime. It is a shameful history and how dare any of you presume to know what is good for the rest of the planet. The self-declared "world policeman" is a bent copper.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Count them up, sometime. It is a shameful history and how dare any of you presume to know what is good for the rest of the planet. The self-declared "world policeman" is a bent copper.
Just get your mind right and stay in line and you won't have to worry sap.

USA was FAR more socially divided during Vietnam but all went well thereafter. Same will happen eventually.
Johnson was no good Goph as I'm sure you know.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
It has always been a nation divided especially since I've been around. I think most nations are. It's human nature.
Not really and in the case of America the last century and all the ills that happened were done by design. Not my problem if you can't accept what is promoted in this vid but the dates could have been manipulated to happen by the ones that got control of the money system in 1913.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
That's the American way, sonny.

How often have you assasinated your Presidents? Does any other democracy conduct themselves in a similar manner.

The answer is "no". What is this defect in the American soul?
A nation born in violence is doomed to live and fall in violence.