Republicans think Trump should apologise for Obama birther conspiracy

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I highly doubt Herr Trump will listen.

Carson: Trump should apologize for pushing 'birther' conspiracy

If Donald Trump apologized for his role in the “birther” conspiracies in 2011, it could help him with African-American voters, according to Trump’s adviser, and former primary opponent, Ben Carson.

"I think that would be a good idea, absolutely," the retired neurosurgeon said in an interview with CNN’s Jake Tapper Tuesday. "I suggest that on all sides."

In 2011, Trump was one of the leading voices pushing a conspiracy theory that President Obama was not born in Hawaii. In April of that year, the White House released a long-form copy of the president's birth certificate proving he was born in Honolulu.

On Monday, Trump told reporters he didn't talk about the conspiracy any more.

"Let's get all of the, you know, the hate and rancor out of the way so that we can actually discuss the issues," Carson said Tuesday.

Trump has increased his outreach to African Americans and minorities in recent weeks. Over the weekend, he visited a black church in Detroit. However, polling shows he still lags far behind Hillary Clinton among minority voters.

Carson: Trump should apologize for pushing 'birther' conspiracy

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Trump acknowledged Obama's furthering of the controversy to distract from his ( obama's) real roots
but to say he was a leading voice is just NOT true, he was not really even on the political stage during the heyday of that controversy.

Obama..the CIA sheepdipped communitarian with no real past

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
ONE or two out of how many posts and vids?
several millions?
There was a controversy, everyone had an opinion, furled by all the FAKE IDs
It's just more over inflated propaganda

but there is no such thing as bad publicity

"Comey’s Hillary Bonehead Play – Strangely Rekindles -‘OBAMA Birth ID Scandal’!"
Comey's Hillary Bonehead Play - Strangely Rekindles -'OBAMA Birth ID Scandal'! - Fusion Laced Illusions

lol
hit...sunk

I think he should apologise though.

It looks completely idiotic now.

Merge, please.

Stop being such a lefty.