If You Could Have Any President Back. . .

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
whom would you pick?

Teddy Roosevelt for me. Tough, smart, flexible. Set up the National Park system. Busted the trusts. Was no-nonsense about foreign affairs. And at the same time won the Nobel Peace Prize for negotiating an end to the Russo-Japanese War. Wrote 38 books on a variety of topics. And I mean wrote 'em, didn't have 'em ghostwritten.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
John Quincy Adams. A primary negotiator to end the war of 1812 and one of the loudest early opponents of slavery. Intelligent, experienced and stood up for what was right.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
there isn't one
there "a couple" that should be sent back however

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
John Quincy Adams. A primary negotiator to end the war of 1812 and one of the loudest early opponents of slavery. Intelligent, experienced and stood up for what was right.
Good choice. My next choice would be Lincoln. Seemed like a heck of a guy. We'll never know, because he basically fought the Civil War, and then died. What might he have accomplished without the Civil War, or if he'd lived out his second term?

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
He didn't have the chance to be elected but he would have. Robert Kennedy was one of my favorite people along with his brother John. Aside from that tragic part of American history, I would probably choose Abraham Lincoln followed closely by Franklin Roosevelt.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Times have changed so drastically that those great Presidents' methods of governing wouldn't work today. It's just too bad that all the successive Presidents hadn't held to the standards of the great ones. If they had, the country wouldn't be in the mess it is today.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Coolidge, no question or hesitation. Second choice is Washington. Third choice is Reagan.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Andrew Jackson. Spent his entire presidency fighting against the banking cabal and put control of the currency back in congress where it belongs. He had 5 attempts on his life for it.

JFK for basically the same reason as Jackson. Vowed to dismantle the Federal Reserve Bank and was killed by them before he could.

Abe Lincoln. Again told the international banking cabal to go f^ck themselves and issued the greenback dollar without interest and debt attached by the bankers. Again he died because of it.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Theodore Roosevelt

whom would you pick?

Teddy Roosevelt for me. Tough, smart, flexible. Set up the National Park system. Busted the trusts. Was no-nonsense about foreign affairs. And at the same time won the Nobel Peace Prize for negotiating an end to the Russo-Japanese War. Wrote 38 books on a variety of topics. And I mean wrote 'em, didn't have 'em ghostwritten.

I responded before I read this.....but yeah, for all those reasons.

And Man, would people stop ****ing with the USA.

Teddy was a bloody genius. He and Churchill are without competition in the Great Political Leader of the Twentieth Century Sweepstakes.

Good choice. My next choice would be Lincoln. Seemed like a heck of a guy. We'll never know, because he basically fought the Civil War, and then died. What might he have accomplished without the Civil War, or if he'd lived out his second term?

John Quincy Adams and Lincoln would be my second and third choices as well.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
whom would you pick?

I respect Abraham Lincoln more than the others. This man was astonishing one: how could he free the slaves?
And he made the American currency.
And the surprising thing: he forbade the wine? I don't imagine such hero: how could he do that in his community!?

But I condemn him for the wars of his time: between the North and the South.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
Abraham Lincoln shared many points in common with Muslims it seems.

Why not? He in fact as I think followed the Torah (particularly the Ten Commandments) and the Gospel; the basic principles are the same in all the heavenly religions.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Coolidge, no question or hesitation. Second choice is Washington. Third choice is Reagan.

I figured that some dim bulb would mention Ronald Reagan ... that gormless old git was well into his Altzheimer's while still in office.Talk about a puppet President.

Anyway, My choice is Dwight Eisenhower. He was highly trained to lead and he did so with deep competence. He was also an highly intelligent man. The "Group W Bench" crowd in the US Army doesn't get to command a huge, multinational allied army at a crucial time in history. He was a progressive and a conservative. What a concept. The US is way too polarized to elect a President with feet on both sides of the great divide, now. He was an astute observer and he tried to warn us, sixty years ago, about how the Republic was being hijacked by the "Military-Industrial Complex" ( his words) and now the US is hardly for the people and by the people, anymore. We need far more Eisenhower and way, way less Trump in our troubled world.

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I respect Abraham Lincoln more than the others. This man was astonishing one: how could he free the slaves?
And he made the American currency.
And the surprising thing: he forbade the wine? I don't imagine such hero: how could he do that in his community!?

But I condemn him for the wars of his time: between the North and the South.
He didn't free the slaves.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
He didn't free the slaves.

He didn't give a flying feck about the slaves until it was pointed out to him that it was a brilliant wedge issue. The Civil War was about States Rights and the slavery part was an artificial creation made during the war.