UNL students restricted by new ‘respect’ policy

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Get the fainting couches and safe rooms ready kids. This cuck generation and it's weakling enablers is sh!t.

Calling the University of Nebraska Lincoln a place that “values acceptance,” the institution kicked off the fall semester with its newly installed chancellor essentially telling new students they should not say or do things that might be offensive or cause people to feel disrespected, calling the stance “nonnegotiable.”

“We insist on a culture of respect, and we recognize that words and actions really matter,” Chancellor Ronnie Green said during a speech at the new student convocation on Aug. 19.

While suggesting the university values free speech and freedom of expression, Green – who took the helm of UNL this summer – went on to declare: “We do not tolerate actions of hate and disrespect.”

The policy, being called by campus leaders a set of “belief statements” on diversity and inclusion, is also spelled out on its website.

Green’s comments come as Christianity and conservatism — even support of Donald Trump — is accused of being intolerant, hateful and racist on campuses nationwide.

Green did not define, neither in his speech or the written policy underscoring it, what an action of disrespect might be, leaving it widely open to interpretation.

mo

UNL students restricted by new 'respect' policy - The College Fix

Topkek

Jun 29, 2016
Toronto, On
The irony of this "free-speech as long as it's not disrespectful" culture is mind numbing. It's such a big contradiction that no one seems to care about anymore.

On a side note, I find that video very intolerant to my beliefs and it triggers me