The Navajo tribe have their water intoxicated with chemical products

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
The Red Indian tribe of the Navajo, inhabiting the southwestern region of the USA, in a region called the Four Corners which is the region joining the four states of Colorado, Utah, Arizona and New Mexico .

In 2015, they have their two rivers of the Animas and San Juan polluted with industrial chemical poisonous substances which turned the color of the river yellow and that was collapse of a local dam and then the water spilled into these two rivers .

This situation was very difficult for this Navajo nation of the Red Indians, which led to the drying of their plants and the death of their cattle in addition to their suffering of the water drinking and using their water for other purposes.

Now they have sued the company responsible about this problem and they are waiting for
the compensation .

http://ourchildrenaresacred.org/navajo-nation-sues-epa-for-neglect-in-toxic-spill/

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Even if it wasn't they would be waiting decades to find out they have to clean it up themselves, why wait but apply for a grant and since you have to invent the solution that might provide an income down the road.. If the water extracted from the river is from a hole dug in the bank a bit back from the main flow of water the water that collects in these pockets would be cleaner than the water in the main flow. Suitable for irrigation and drinking. With a little help the best filter material could be trucked in if the local material was not suitable. Eventually the material in the main flow will silt over and be buried forever. Reeds are supposed to be one of the best plants for taking heavy metal out of water

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I have been to four corners. Really a strange place the Hopi tribe seemed very unfriendly as did the Navajo. Back in Phoenix in high school that wasn't the case. Felt eerily strange there

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I have been to four corners. Really a strange place the Hopi tribe seemed very unfriendly as did the Navajo. Back in Phoenix in high school that wasn't the case. Felt eerily strange there

Me too. Surreal place and people ...

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Most of the Navaho I have meet are wonderful people . I imagine it is all in where and how you meet them .

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Most of the Navaho I have meet are wonderful people . I imagine it is all in where and how you meet them .

I remember buying gasolene at a Navaho station. Our Vehicle had a Quebec plate. The station attendant took down the plate number and said: kwubuck? kwubuck? then walked awsy with a big smile, obviously having a good time saying Kwubuck! ... kwubuck!

I wonder what dangly bit of anatomy "kwubuck" is in Navaho?