Media Are Flat Wrong to Dismiss Voter-Fraud Concerns

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Anyone remember the Black Panthers stopping people, white people, from voting back in 2012? Apparently Obama dropped those charges.

I could see the possibility of #blm people restricting voters from voting on a massive scale this time.

They should talk to Chris Matthews and travel to Philly.

Yes, Donald Trump has muddied the issue of possible voter fraud in the November election with his comment that the only way Hillary Clinton can win Pennsylvania is by way of stolen votes. There doesn’t seem to be an issue that Trump can’t handle without hyperbole and exaggeration.

But the media pile-on that Trump has experienced over his call for election observers to monitor the polls in Pennsylvania is unfair. The Los Angeles Times claimed that his remarks calling for poll monitors in Pennsylvania had “strong racial overtones,” even though he never mentioned race. “The comments raised the specter of confrontations on Election Day in precincts with many minority voters,” the Times reported. Other commentators rebutted Trump by repeating spurious claims that voter fraud is extremely rare.

mo

Donald Trump Voter Fraud Warning: He’s Right & Media Are Wrong to Dismiss It | National Review

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The voter fraud is right next to the kool-aid some people have been drinking.

yes yes, of course.

Democracy at it's Finest - Debbie Wasserman Schultz Admits to Rigging Election for Hillary

[youtube]aO4OELL03zQ[/youtube]

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Voter fraud's nothing new and not restricted to anyone. Hell, Elections Canada sent me three cards last election - all at different addresses, polling stations and in two ridings (which brings up the question: why bother giving CRA permission to reveal my info to Elections Canada?) If I was so inclined, I had three votes....

Is that fraud or poor management?

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
In your case it would be poor management. What you said clearly indicates that things like voter fraud can happen. Vote three times on different days.

In this case, the reason for watching electoral procedures is to help eliminate bureaucratic foul ups. However, voting with those other two cards, when you have already voted, constitutes voter fraud, in that you willfully voted a second or third time.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
There's not a single verified case of an election being changed by voter fraud. Not one.

HMMMMMM so it's uphill all the way, i think Americans will assume fraud and act accordingly, I've seen most of the movies , I know what you're up to.

RED DAWN comes to mind

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
And that outstanding record will continue, if would be fraudsters are made aware that the voting process is being monitored for efficiency.

I won't fall into the trap of "verified cases". Humans are incredibly inventive when they need to be.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
And that outstanding record will continue, if would be fraudsters are made aware that the voting process is being monitored for efficiency.

I won't fall into the trap of "verified cases". Humans are incredibly inventive when they need to be.
Feel free to remain in the safe and comfy world of conspiracy theories.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
No comfy conspiracies.

Laws are created to deal with those times when a member of the public decides to demonstrate his "nonconformity". It also acts, in this particular case, as an auditing measure. Having a mechanism in place to monitor proceedings will catch innocent administrative foul ups and get them corrected. No harm intended, just human errors.

How will they be made aware?

Signs at voting booths. Advertisements in newspapers and online sites. The regular places one can find voting information.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Feel free to remain in the safe and comfy world of conspiracy theories.

What world do feel safe and comfey in? Conspiracy is mentioned in every dictionary. It has substance . It's not a theroy. If it looks like conspiracy it very well may be.

No comfy conspiracies.

Laws are created to deal with those times when a member of the public decides to demonstrate his "nonconformity". It also acts, in this particular case, as an auditing measure. Having a mechanism in place to monitor proceedings will catch innocent administrative foul ups and get them corrected. No harm intended, just human errors.

Signs at voting booths. Advertisements in newspapers and online sites. The regular places one can find voting information.

They'll have to be literate? There's not a lot of readers out there you know.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Less, since the Internets arrived. We'll have to hope that they understand pictures (pix) better than the written word.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
No secret why the Democrats are against Voter ID Laws. It is harder to steal elections with them in place.