The Real Reason the Mainstream Media Hates Trump

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
In a much talked about August 7 piece—“Trump Is Testing the Norms of Objectivity in Journalism”—New York Times "mediator" Jim Rutenberg takes the mainstream media out of the closet and publicly declares them in the tank for Hillary.

As front page news this is not exactly man bites dog, but he goes further actually to excuse this bias because, after all, Trump is Trump:
If you’re a working journalist and you believe that Donald J. Trump is a demagogue playing to the nation’s worst racist and nationalistic tendencies, that he cozies up to anti-American dictators and that he would be dangerous with control of the United States nuclear codes, how the heck are you supposed to cover him?
How're you supposed to cover a woman whose family foundation helped Putin corner the uranium market? Oh, never mind. Rutenberg's point is that the barbarian Trump has put those Fourth Estate idealists in a quandary as never before. The poor dears always try to be neutral, but The Donald is just too many bridges too far. They just can't be even-handed anymore. (Please stay clear of your computer screen if you start to sputter.)

But the truth is that—although he can be a loudmouthed blowhard with poor impulse control—Trump is not remotely what they say he is: a racist, sexist demagogue. In fact, if you bother to look it up, he was more than a decade ahead of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton on one of the most "sainted" of all liberal issues—gay marriage. But don't expect to see that covered by Gutenberg, et al.

The real reason the MSM disdains, even loathes, Trump is that he threatens what I call The Big Wink, which means he threatens them.
Qu'est-ce que c'est The Big Wink?

mo

https://pjmedia.com/diaryofamadvoter/2016/08/09/real-reason-msm-hates-trump/

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
It's not just the main stream media btw.
I get their point here but the guy is still a loose canon moron leaning on marketing.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Not only mainstream media object to The Donald, I find his yelling of total falsehood offensive; I find his use of 'pretend' religious belief to justify his need to control women (when it's clearly his fear of strong women) offensive; I find his over the top bigotry offensive; I find his obvious manipulation of the uneducated and poor offensive; I find his ability to have tapped into the huge educated US closet bigots brilliant and serving his agenda perfectly.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Not only mainstream media object to The Donald, I find his yelling of total falsehood offensive; I find his use of 'pretend' religious belief to justify his need to control women (when it's clearly his fear of strong women) offensive; I find his over the top bigotry offensive; I find his obvious manipulation of the uneducated and poor offensive; I find his ability to have tapped into the huge educated US closet bigots brilliant and serving his agenda perfectly.

Right. That's the marketing. Some people buy it.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Yet you have not sat through one of his speeches .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Oh Lord, the Trump apologists getting desparate.
Don't even care , I fully expect America is stupid enough to elect Hillary and don't doubt for a second that she is going to win . I just wonder how long they will prop her up after .