Imagine There’s No Border

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
grab a coffee kids. you'll learn a lot.

Imagine There’s No Border | City Journal

here's a relevant topical highlight:

Among elites, borderlessness has taken its place among the politically correct positions of our age — and, as with other such ideas, it has shaped the language we use. The descriptive term “illegal alien” has given way to the nebulous “unlawful immigrant.” This, in turn, has given way to “undocumented immigrant,” “immigrant,” or the entirely neutral “migrant” — a noun that obscures whether the individual in question is entering or leaving. […]

Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg offers another case study. The multibillionaire advocates for a fluid southern border and lax immigration enforcement, but he has also stealthily spent $30 million to buy up four homes surrounding his Palo Alto estate. They form a sort of no-man’s-land defense outside his own Maginot Line fence, presumably designed against hoi polloi who might not share Zuckerberg’s taste or sense of privacy. Zuckerberg’s other estate in San Francisco is prompting neighbors’ complaints because his security team takes up all the best parking spaces. Walls and border security seem dear to the heart of the open-borders multibillionaire—when it’s his wall, his border security.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Reminds me of those who violated the Jim Crow Laws. The fact that they even violated those laws just goes to show how little they respected the law.

You want more proof of how supporters of Jim Crow Laws were right all along? Think of the white elites living in their all-white estates and all-white neighbourhoods preaching about the evils of the Jim Crow Laws but not willing to integrate themselves.

Today's migration debates are just today's version of the segregation debates of yore.

Last edited:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
You want more proof of how supporters if Jim Crow Laws were right all along? Think of the white elites living in their all-white estates and all-white neighbourhoods preaching about the evils of the Jim Crow Laws but not willing to integrate themselves.

Bingo!

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Among elites, borderlessness has taken its place among the politically correct positions of our age — and, as with other such ideas, it has shaped the language we use. The descriptive term “illegal alien” has given way to the nebulous “unlawful immigrant.” This, in turn, has given way to “undocumented immigrant,” “immigrant,” or the entirely neutral “migrant” — a noun that obscures whether the individual in question is entering or leaving. […]

George Carlin spoke at length about this doogoody bullsh!t.

#softlanguage

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
It's just like those who violated the Jim Crow Laws. They just have no respect for the law.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
It's just like those who violated the Jim Crow Laws. They just have no respect for the law.

Lol...yeah, it's nothing like that at all.

But if it helps you through your day...

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
How is it different? One discriminates on race, the other on nationality.

Lol. That isn't discrimination, borders define the geographic boundaries of a nation in a similar way that the walls of your house define your personal living space.

I'm assuming you lock your doors and don't allow strangers to wander through your livingroom whenever they want to. By your definition, you're discriminating.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I had a neighbor for a while that would watch in her window to make sure I wouldn't blow any snow on her property.....
They had a perfect right to do that!
Just like I had a perfect right to park my trailer the way I did come spring

and block their view to one side of the street...

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Lol. That isn't discrimination, borders define the geographic boundaries of a nation in a similar way that the walls of your house define your personal living space.

I'm assuming you lock your doors and don't allow strangers to wander through your livingroom whenever they want to. By your definition, you're discriminating.

Yes, but that's my private property. I'm not in favour of the city erecting city gates to keep strangers out of the city. My private property and public space are two different things.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Yes, but that's my private property. I'm not in favour of the city erecting city gates to keep strangers out of the city. My private property and public space are two different things.

But the only real difference is scale. Our nation is Canada, our border keeps strangers out until they are invited in. We would individually assess whom we allow into our personal space in our homes, and no one would fault you for that. So assessing whom we allow into our collective national space is not immoral or discriminatory. It's only discriminatory if we single out a specific group and categorically deny entry.

But even then, that's not even necessarily discriminatory if the group we single out are those convicted of violent crimes, for example.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
He didn't do it to protect himself from Mexican immigrants.
He did it to protect himself from all the people he's raping with facebook algorithms.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
According to the open borders project, if all countries opened their borders to free migration, the Gross Global Product would experience a one-time growth of 150% to 250% due to efficiencies in the world labour market and immigration vureaucracies that it would create.

That could be a significant boon to worldwide poverty alleviation.