U.S. Sent Cash to Iran as Americans Were Freed

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
US delivered $400m in CASH stashed inside wooden pallets to Iran on same day as American hostages were freed but the Obama administration DENIES it paid a ransom

• President Obama's administration paid $400m to Iran as part of a failed arms deal as they also lifted nuclear-related sanctions
  • Four Americans were also released by Iran as part of a prisoner exchange
  • Washington Post journalist Jason Rezaian was among them, U.S. confirms
  • Former U.S. Marine, a pastor and a fourth man were also set free
  • Critics claim Obama gave cash as hostage payment for the four Americans
  • But Us officials insist the exchange came after ease of tensions between the two countries following the resolution
  • Fifth American man - a student - was also freed but not as part of the swap

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
No, no Locutus, you can tell it's all legit. Any time you stash hundreds of millions of dollars in wooden pallets and try to secretly ship them to a fascist theocracy, you know the deal is on the up and up.

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
Isn't it funny how the timing coincides with other events? Due to the lack of full transparency in this administration we'll never know BUT... we get to pay the bill!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
They'll have the FBI and the US Atty General's Office take a look at it to see if everything was on the up and up.

Obama’s Iran debacle looks worse and worse

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...03/obamas-iran-debacle-looks-worse-and-worse/
The only conclusion they will reach is the pallets were correctly secured for transport.

(In part)
The U.S. did not deliver on its end. Iranian money is still blocked in U.S. controlled accounts and no international bank wants to do business with Iran because the U.S. is threatening to penalize them. The conclusion, Khamenei says, is that no deal with U.S. over any local issue in the Middle East is possible and that all negotiations with it are a waste of time. This new public position may finally free the limits the Rouhani government of Iran had put on Iranian deployments to Syria. Why bother with any self-limitation if the U.S. wont honor it?

SYRIA: Erdogan’s ‘U-Turn’ – Fact or Fiction?

Last edited:

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
He didn't mean to do anything wrong, and anyhow at this point, what does it matter?
damned Russians...
hey! can we get a toilet in the server room at the white house?
Hillary saw the teleprompter in the bathroom and stole my idea

Last edited:

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
When you hear the words " a government of the people, by the people and for the people", that might make you believe that the power of government rested in the hands of the governed, which isn't the case , and has never been the case.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
When you hear the words " a government of the people, by the people and for the people", that might make you believe that the power of government rested in the hands of the governed, which isn't the case , and has never been the case.

The power is there
It"s just that by consenting to be governed you give up the actual direction of that power to someone else
( Picture a total sit down strike nation wide, or even an armed rebellion)

"Give me control of the money and I care not who makes the laws"
- a private central banker
Glass Stiegle and the like, and the laws regarding the minting of money are there they just have to be used