Donald Trump thinks sexual harassment is no big deal

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Donald Trump thinks sexual harassment is no big deal, even if it happens to his daughter

Add sexual harassment to the list of topics Donald Trump doesn’t understand too well. Both the Republican presidential nominee and his son Eric made appalling, victim-blaming comments in the past 24 hours when asked how they would feel if Ivanka Trump were sexually harassed at work.

Donald Trump said that if his daughter were ever sexually harassed at work, he hoped she would just switch jobs, or even careers. And Eric said Ivanka “wouldn’t allow herself” to be subjected to sexual harassment because she is a “strong, powerful woman.”

There have been no public reports of Ivanka being sexually harassed — the two Trump men were responding to a hypothetical question. But it’s dismaying that even if the victim were his own daughter or sister, neither man could bring himself to place blame on the actual person doing the harassing. Ivanka alone would shoulder the burden of dealing with the problem, or preventing it from happening in the first place.

Attitudes like these are common, which is why many women are reluctant to come forward and report harassment. But when it comes to Donald Trump specifically, they’re also one more example of the toxic way he treats women.

Donald Trump thinks sexual harassment is no big deal, even if it happens to his daughter - Vox

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Can you imagine:
Your daughter never gets hit on, never gets a date, never gets engaged, and never gets married...
the ugly old bat just lives in your basement, playing video games, and eating chocolate cake, till she's 90...
on your tab

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Is there any subject left that people cannot criticize Trump for? I don't think so.
As a woman who worked for many years in a man's world I agree completely with Donald and Eric Trump's statements. Strong women don't allow sexual harassment.
A woman can make it clear the first time she is hit on that she isn't going to put up with it. Women can dress appropriately and not wear skirts up to their privates or tops that show the crack between their tits.
Women can get another job.
Women should understand that men are easily attracted and like to look. That's how men are. It isn't sexual harassment if a man sneaks a peek when he thinks you're not looking. She'd be deflated if no man ever thought she was attractive. The less skin women show the less there is for the men to look at.
A woman who tolerates real sexual harassment and continues to work in the environment for years because she likes her big pay check or fancy title is no better than a prostitute.
I have no patience with women who work for a company/boss for years and then complain after the fact that they were sexually harassed. It's a fad nowadays for women to cry 'sexual harassment'. They need to grow up and grow some common sense and a spine.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Is there any subject left that people cannot criticize Trump for?

There's a lot of time until the election.

I would calculate the likelihood of enjoying at least 15 more unique failures that he can be accountable for in that time frame.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Is there any subject left that people cannot criticize Trump for? I don't think so.
As a woman who worked for many years in a man's world I agree completely with Donald and Eric Trump's statements. Strong women don't allow sexual harassment.
A woman can make it clear the first time she is hit on that she isn't going to put up with it. Women can dress appropriately and not wear skirts up to their privates or tops that show the crack between their tits.
Women can get another job.
Women should understand that men are easily attracted and like to look. That's how men are. It isn't sexual harassment if a man sneaks a peek when he thinks you're not looking. She'd be deflated if no man ever thought she was attractive. The less skin women show the less there is for the men to look at.
A woman who tolerates real sexual harassment and continues to work in the environment for years because she likes her big pay check or fancy title is no better than a prostitute.
I have no patience with women who work for a company/boss for years and then complain after the fact that they were sexually harassed. It's a fad nowadays for women to cry 'sexual harassment'. They need to grow up and grow some common sense and a spine.

all women aren't strong, they are the ones taken advantage of by sexual harassment, those particular men aren't strong, they are weakminded and cowardly, yes, the strong of both sexes don't get harassed by anyone. trump would be the type to ask why 'she' didn't fight back and save herself, so it was her own fault, or maybe because her dress was red instead of tan, oops again, her fault, or she smiled a certain way, oh my, she was leading him on, not being able to fight off sexual harassment means just that, not able to do that, but what about the sexual harassment, why did that happen, oh yeah, I forgot, she asked for it. jeeesh.
men should leave woman alone period, it is not their place to touch them, say unacceptable things to them, but of course, 'men will be men right?, many women don't know how to react to such treatment, it is disturbing, many women are shy, or worried about their jobs.
who the hell does any man think he is judging how a woman should act after being sexually harassed, he
should keep his hands to himself, keep his dirty mouth shut, and get some advice about how to act while
in the presence of a woman.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Donald Trump thinks sexual harassment is no big deal, even if it happens to his daughter

Add sexual harassment to the list of topics Donald Trump doesn’t understand too well. Both the Republican presidential nominee and his son Eric made appalling, victim-blaming comments in the past 24 hours when asked how they would feel if Ivanka Trump were sexually harassed at work.

Donald Trump said that if his daughter were ever sexually harassed at work, he hoped she would just switch jobs, or even careers. And Eric said Ivanka “wouldn’t allow herself” to be subjected to sexual harassment because she is a “strong, powerful woman.”

There have been no public reports of Ivanka being sexually harassed — the two Trump men were responding to a hypothetical question. But it’s dismaying that even if the victim were his own daughter or sister, neither man could bring himself to place blame on the actual person doing the harassing. Ivanka alone would shoulder the burden of dealing with the problem, or preventing it from happening in the first place.

Attitudes like these are common, which is why many women are reluctant to come forward and report harassment. But when it comes to Donald Trump specifically, they’re also one more example of the toxic way he treats women.

Donald Trump thinks sexual harassment is no big deal, even if it happens to his daughter - Vox

Nothing like grasping at straws when trying to denigrate a person.

Best just to ignore the hyperbole on here, DM. There's perhaps two or three guilty of it who just have to attract attention. I've never heard of Trump assaulting a women & have no reason to believe he would. Small minds are best ignored!

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
all women aren't strong, they are the ones taken advantage of by sexual harassment, those particular men aren't strong, they are weakminded and cowardly, yes, the strong of both sexes don't get harassed by anyone. trump would be the type to ask why 'she' didn't fight back and save herself, so it was her own fault, or maybe because her dress was red instead of tan, oops again, her fault, or she smiled a certain way, oh my, she was leading him on, not being able to fight off sexual harassment means just that, not able to do that, but what about the sexual harassment, why did that happen, oh yeah, I forgot, she asked for it. jeeesh.
men should leave woman alone period, it is not their place to touch them, say unacceptable things to them, but of course, 'men will be men right?, many women don't know how to react to such treatment, it is disturbing, many women are shy, or worried about their jobs.
who the hell does any man think he is judging how a woman should act after being sexually harassed, he
should keep his hands to himself, keep his dirty mouth shut, and get some advice about how to act while
in the presence of a woman.

Any woman who can't stand up to a man's advances is probably too immature to be out in the working world at all! Girls should know by the time they reach puberty that boys are a roiling mass of hormones who think of sex perpetually. They can't help it; that's just the way boys are.
Men are just as susceptible to sexual thoughts although most men have matured enough to control themselves.
If girls aren't learning early in life about these things, somebody's not paying attention.
Women want to compete in a man's world, then they'd better wise up and not use 'weakness' as an excuse for being taken advantage of.
Sexual harassment, apart from physical force, is a farce imo. Physical force is another matter and a matter for police investigation. That's never to be tolerated. Yet even women who claim they were raped say they don't tell because they're 'afraid'.
If you're right and you know you're right and you have your facts straight you should have the moral courage to speak up and defend yourself and not succumb to any other opinions.
I stand by what I say. Women ought to stop making false allegations. If I were a man running a business in today's world I would be leery of hiring 'weak women'. Or women who use their sexuality to 'get ahead'.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
No one cares about the Lewinski thing anymore.

Strange isn't it that some of the same people get so upset about Trump's minor foibles! Yet it's OK to get blown under the desk in the Oval Office!

You think Trump is bad. Look what we got! ................http://rm2.angusreidforum.com/LP/3191d3b9b99446488c76e36463d61060/a.aspx?rm_state=b$a654b9b192c642908fc9d5547971b505|e$0|l$0|u$

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Hilary probably does

Hah! I doubt if Hillary cares a s h I t what he does. All she cares about is getting what SHE wants. Probably the only thing she cares about it is if becomes public.
If Hillary had cared about Bill's infidelity she would have divorced him years ago. She has hung onto him for what he can do for her career. That's probably why she married him in the first place.
Then again, maybe she doesn't believe those women who exposed his infidelity. She seems to have a block of wood between her ears about what is true and what isn't. If she thinks you're lying, you ARE! If she says she's NOT lying, she ISN"T! That's Hillary's mantra.