Coup D' Atat.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I was in the third grade in November of 1963. It was strange. Our teacher came back to the classroom after a visit to the office and she was visibly shaken and crying. Our President had been shot we were told and school would be dismissed for the rest of the day. Other than Walter Cronkites announcement on national television, I don't remember that much about those days other than I, like most everyone else here, loved John Kennedy. It would only be five years later that his brother Bobby would meet the same fate. I usually think of those two around election time. .....I watched JFK the movie with Kevin Costner last night. You know movies though. You can be assured that facts may be embellished or even added to for the benefit of the story line. But yet in the movie they did do a good job displaying the web of lies and an underlying sinister element that surely existed yet was never fully brought to light. It was as if the concept of " TRUTH ' and "HONESTY" was about as important as yesterdays lunch. ..... I hear these politicians talk about making America "Great" again. Especially Trump. And then there is Hillary tooting her own horn pretending to be somerhing she is clearly not. So we have those two as our choices. And I think back when I was a boy of 8 and how I felt about the President and the office and I guess I just shake my head. Oh I know , as I found out later in life, that John and Bobby weren't perfect. But in retrospect I liked what they stood for. The sinister part is that there were those that did not, and clearly implemented the actions that would eliminate those who stood in there way......So now we have Hillary and Trump putting forth thier performance to sit at the desk. And I have to wonder when they make thier speeches about our greatness ,,,when was this? As a boy I believed in the greatness and compassion and working towards peace and no more wars that would take the lives of not only us, but also of those we were instructed were our enemy. I believe in 1963 & 68 two of those representatives were done away with. So in this election I'll remember them, and vote for neither of the two running now.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
That was a good movie. Like you said it's a movie and lots of fiction but nevertheless gave lots to think about.

BTW, that event happened on my second birthday and I actually remember events from that day.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Nice essay . I also remember sitting under my desk on that fatal day .Sadly we are still at war , and sader still we are so comforatable we don't even know it .

That was a good movie. Like you said it's a movie and lots of fiction but nevertheless gave lots to think about.

BTW, that event happened on my second birthday and I actually remember events from that day.
Did gramma drop the cake on your head ?