Why I'm leaning towards a universal right to bear arms in the US.

Machjo
+1 / -2
Florida policeman shoots autistic man's unarmed black therapist - BBC News (external - login to view)

Too many incidents like this make it such that any person, criminal record or not, should be allowed to bear arms in the US for his own protection. Furthermore, the presumption of innocence should be equally strictly applied to any person who shoots a cop in self defence or in the defence of others.

Looks like cops in the US are out of control.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1
Soooo ..... everyone should be armed so that they can shoot back at the police? ...

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

Soooo ..... everyone should be armed so that they can shoot back at the police? ...

Sounds good to me. This country was founded on shooting back at the police.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Sounds good to me. This country was founded on shooting back at the police.

Everybody should shoot at everyone else, just to be safe.

Tecumsehsbones
+1

Everybody should shoot at everyone else, just to be safe.

Canada's about safe. America's about free.

tay
You have to appreciate the fact that he was shot for his own good. And the disabled fellow is lucky that the cop can't shoot straight as he fired 3 shots at him despite being told that the fellow was a child in a man's body......

Bullet that struck caregiver was meant to protect him, police union prez says

Bullet that struck Charles Kinsey was meant for autistic man, police say | Miami Herald (external - login to view)

Tecumsehsbones
You gotta admit, the police unions're always good for a laugh.

Curious Cdn
Conservative

Everybody should shoot at everyone else to be free ...

... of life.

Tecumsehsbones
+1

Everybody should shoot at everyone else to be free ...

... of life.

Nobody said that, but like a standard-issue Canadian liberal, you make up whatever you need to make up. I recommend you stay up there where you're safe.

mentalfloss
+1

Canada's about collaboration.

In many ways, so is America.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Nincompoops collaberating with Donald Trump ...

mentalfloss
Maybe.

But it's democracy which can lead to them achieving their goal, not some exclusive form of freedom.

Anyway, I'm all for responsible authority, but that needs to happen from top down.

Toronto is a good example where we elected a good mayor (this time) who made sure that the new police chief would enforce that kind of responsibility.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Canada's about collaboration.

In many ways, so is America.

Yep. As in "I'll take the two on the left, you take the two on the right."

taxslave
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Maybe.

But it's democracy which can lead to them achieving their goal, not some exclusive form of freedom.

Anyway, I'm all for responsible authority, but that needs to happen from top down.

Toronto is a good example where we elected a good mayor (this time) who made sure that the new police chief would enforce that kind of responsibility.

Unfortunately authority is mostly just that. Power quest, nothing more.

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by tayView Post

You have to appreciate the fact that he was shot for his own good. And the disabled fellow is lucky that the cop can't shoot straight as he fired 3 shots at him despite being told that the fellow was a child in a man's body......

Not sure how that matters, the cops shoot kids anyway.

Machjo
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

Not sure how that matters, the cops shoot kids anyway.

Allow kids to pack heat too then. Clearly people need protection down there.

Danbones
Free Thinker
not sure if any one noticed but they just smoked that shooter in Dallas with a ROBOT bomb
so the gun / government thing is now moot

Machjo
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DanbonesView Post

not sure if any one noticed but they just smoked that shooter in Dallas with a ROBOT bomb
so the gun / government thing is now moot

How things escalate. Everyone should have the right to a robot bomb.

eh1eh
+1

You know, as you are a lawyer, that we are actually freer in Canada, even without guns , than you are in the Homeland Security State of 'Merica? Hmmmmmm?

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

You know, as you are a lawyer, that we are actually freer in Canada, even without guns , than you are in the Homeland Security State of 'Merica? Hmmmmmm?

Of course you are. Better-looking, smarter, and sexier, too.

Machjo

Hmmmm... With the hair on my chest, back, arms, legs, and bum crack I'm just thankful my wife finds me sexy, because I sure don't find me sexy.

eh1eh

Your reply makes no sense. Good day sir.

Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

Your reply makes no sense. Good day sir.

Except for the smarter remark.

Mowich
Conservative

What a price you have paid for the difference.

You gotta admit, the police unions're always good for a laugh.

Ooops..........jeez we actually meant to shoot the guy on the ground playing with the toy truck.

Corduroy
+2
#24  Top Rated Post
They keep telling us the point of the second amendment is to fight back against tyranny. Is tyranny when the state arbitrarily murders innocent non-violent, nonthreatening people with impunity? Or is it when the state won't let your cow eat grass on public land?

Machjo
Quote: Originally Posted by CorduroyView Post

They keep telling us the point of the second amendment is to fight back against tyranny. Is tyranny when the state arbitrarily murders innocent non-violent, nonthreatening people with impunity? Or is it when the state won't let your cow eat grass on public land?

I don't know. All I know is the next time we go to the US, the whole family will be packing heat.

Besides, even the NRA agrees that the more people carry guns, the less crime there will be. I presume this applies to cop crimes too?

Why's the NRA so quiet recently?

Mowich
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by MachjoView Post

Why's the NRA so quiet recently?

Because Trump is doing a fine job all by himself.

Quote: Originally Posted by CorduroyView Post

Blaming the state for the crimes of individual police officers is taking the onus off those departments who need to clean up their acts.

Corduroy
Quote: Originally Posted by MowichView Post

Blaming the state for the crimes of individual police officers is taking the onus off those departments who need to clean up their acts.

How so?

Machjo
Quote: Originally Posted by MowichView Post

Because Trump is doing a fine job all by himself.

Wouldn't arming every man, woman and child with a firearm or a robot bomb provide those departments with the right motivation, especially when everyone draws their pistol ready to shoot the moment they see a police uniform?

darkbeaver
Republican
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by MachjoView Post

Florida policeman shoots autistic man's unarmed black therapist - BBC News (external - login to view)

Too many incidents like this make it such that any person, criminal record or not, should be allowed to bear arms in the US for his own protection. Furthermore, the presumption of innocence should be equally strictly applied to any person who shoots a cop in self defence or in the defence of others.

Looks like cops in the US are out of control.

This gun thing reminds me so much of old yankee dusters the women packed little purse pistols every body carried weapons and it worked they became an Empire I'v heard. It contributed muchly in laying down the foundations, it won't be the same without guns.The western Police have been radicalized, clearly. movies, TV preachers

In to many cases the police fail to read the crime scene correctly, they're pumped for securing and neutralizing then reading, it's backwards, too many times. You can see it, which serves a purpose as well. Innovation

I think it's time Canadians had the right to bear arms, I know their our frends but they got this ego thing sometimes. If we were armed somewhat similarly we mutually could avoid nasty accidental even bissiness.

Because of my age and disability I'm allowed to have a treadchair which mounts a 30mm rapid fire, the disabled have the right to protect themselves. We can negotiate about the calibre and the horsepower.

Danbones
Free Thinker
jeez DB...30 mil?
that thing 'LL rip the tread plates up if you aren't careful
might even cause cart wheels
I recommend puting the hydraulic stabilizers off a Kabota l-45 back hoe down prior to firing
Products: L45TLB Kubota Canada Ltd. (external - login to view)

at least wear a safety tuque with earbuds

no new posts