Putin schools CNN smartass Fareed Zakaria on Donald Trump and US elections

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Kim Campbell is a former Prime Minister of Canada and former Minister of National Defence in the Canadian government, and has served as the Canadian consul to Los Angeles. Having pursued doctoral studies in Soviet Government at the London School of Economics, and in her role as founding chair of the Ukrainian economic reform NGO, the Foundation for Effective Governance, Campbell is known for her deep understanding of the Russian political scene. She is an Honorary Fellow at the Center for Public Leadership at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard.

Donald Trump's links to Putin aren't just disturbing Americans, they're alarming the international community. Former Canadian Prime Minister Kim Campbell, an expert on Russian and Eastern European politics, spoke at length outlining the very serious potential threat Trump's candidacy poses to international stability and security.

Trump's Putin connection draws fire from ex-Canadian prime minister | National Observer

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
oh no. not another Harper "Putin, get out of Ukraine" moment?
Oh, please dear god noe.....

international stability and security.
WTF?
That's a sure sign of a doddering, drug addled, dried up, old globalist dick brain right there...

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Kim Campbell is a former Prime Minister of Canada and former Minister of National Defence in the Canadian government, and has served as the Canadian consul to Los Angeles. Having pursued doctoral studies in Soviet Government at the London School of Economics, and in her role as founding chair of the Ukrainian economic reform NGO, the Foundation for Effective Governance, Campbell is known for her deep understanding of the Russian political scene. She is an Honorary Fellow at the Center for Public Leadership at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard.

Donald Trump's links to Putin aren't just disturbing Americans, they're alarming the international community. Former Canadian Prime Minister Kim Campbell, an expert on Russian and Eastern European politics, spoke at length outlining the very serious potential threat Trump's candidacy poses to international stability and security.

Trump's Putin connection draws fire from ex-Canadian prime minister | National Observer

A threat to international security? Are you sure? They the Russians are a permanent member of the UN security Council.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Canadians are saying far too much concerning the American election. They should keep their mouths shut and mind their own business. They wouldn't like it if Americans expressed so much bias in Canadian elections.
It's a matter of diplomacy and good taste.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Canadians are saying far too much concerning the American election. They should keep their mouths shut and mind their own business. They wouldn't like it if Americans expressed so much bias in Canadian elections.
It's a matter of diplomacy and good taste.

She is an Honorary Fellow at the Center for Public Leadership at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
She is an Honorary Fellow at the Center for Public Leadership at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard.

So What! That doesn't make her OPINION more accurate or important than anyone else's.
The people expounding on their opinions don't have to be correct because they have titles.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
So What! That doesn't make her OPINION more accurate or important than anyone else's.
The people expounding on their opinions don't have to be correct because they have titles.

What it does is give her permission to state that opinion since she is a fellow from an AMERICAN University. How about you?

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Locust loves the Pootin. Rootin, Tootin Pootin. Will you also excuse him for breaking wind during your next meal together. :).??? Hmmm? Bask in the embience Locust breathe deep, the gathering gloom. :).

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
What it does is give her permission to state that opinion since she is a fellow from an AMERICAN University. How about you?
Yup and she is still a Canadian living of the public *** , so yes she should shut up .

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario

I respectfully disagree that her position gives her permission.
As for 'what about me'? I'm a nobody. My opinion doesn't have any influence whatsoever and even if it did, I'm not delivering it through public channels. I'm just engaging in a forum discussion.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I respectfully disagree that her position gives her permission.
As for 'what about me'? I'm a nobody. My opinion doesn't have any influence whatsoever and even if it did, I'm not delivering it through public channels. I'm just engaging in a forum discussion.
You are also more likely than not available to back your position up. As I see it, two people, two votes and the winner is the one with the move convincing argument that is made up on the spot. I think a BBS is like the public domain of written material, you would still need permission to quote it or promote something that is unique to it. The author of the material should have no problem quoting it or the replies to it as they would be public domain items as there should be no expectation of privacy when shouting while in a crowded room filled with 'strangers'. (that is equal to where we are at the moment, the 'lounge' stops the bots)

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
What I like about Putin is that he is the exact opposite of Gerryh: he know how to be critical without being insulting. He knows how to attack the message while ensuring that the messenger never feels personally attacked. He's a smooth talker.

Gerryh would start WWIII with a mouth like his if he ever became a world leader.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
What I like about Putin is that he is the exact opposite of Gerryh: he know how to be critical without being insulting. He knows how to attack the message while ensuring that the messenger never feels personally attacked. He's a smooth talker.

So do I, I choose to be insulting.

Gerryh would start WWIII with a mouth like his if he ever became a world leader.

Of course, you can say that because you know me personally and know exactley how I interact with people in the real world.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
So do I, I choose to be insulting.

Of course, you can say that because you know me personally and know exactley how I interact with people in the real world.

Ah, so you're an azzhole only online. So the real world is your redeeming quality then.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Makes it seem like it is another morning commute to work. Get rid of cost over-runs and the price of building things gets shorter and a lot cheaper.

Ah, so you're an azzhole only online. So the real world is your redeeming quality then.
He doesn't have the support crew he used to have, that and still never being right about anything important that is.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I'm still convinced that Gerryh's mouth could start WWIII if he ever became PM. All it would take would be to have him present a speech to the UN General Assembly. Ouch!