Hilary and Obama confirming once again that when you go Barack...

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
...you can NEVER go back.

Barack Obama Hails Hillary Clinton in First Joint Campaign Appearance

President Barack Obama delivered a rousing endorsement of Hillary Clinton’s character and abilities on Tuesday and pointed to her as his logical successor, just hours after the head of the Federal Bureau of Investigation sharply criticized her handling of classified emails while she served as his secretary of state.

In their first joint appearance on the campaign trail, the president showered praise on his onetime rival, hoping his rebounding popularity and strength on the stump will help give Mrs. Clinton the job he denied her eight years ago.

He also mocked Republican Donald Trump as a reality TV star who doesn’t understand the consequences of his words—or the enormity of the decisions that a president must make. Mrs. Clinton, he said, has been tested.

“My faith in Hillary Clinton has always been rewarded. I have had a front-row seat to her judgment and her toughness and her commitment,” the president told the crowd jammed into the Charlotte Convention Center. “There has never been any man or woman more qualified for this office than Hillary Clinton, and that’s the truth. That’s the truth.”

The event also underscored the tough road Mrs. Clinton faces in trying to succeed a two-term president of her own party. The message from the event was that her election as president would amount to an extension of Mr. Obama’s legacy and priorities on a range of issues such as immigration and the economy, areas where the president has often faced stiff opposition from Republicans.

Barack Obama Hails Hillary Clinton in First Joint Campaign Appearance - WSJ

10larry

Electoral Member
Apr 6, 2010
Niagara Falls
Barac praising her even as his judicial arm condemns her recklessnes with sensitive state info casts a long shadow on his judgement, bills' chat with the attorney general should be explained in court but she made light of it suggesting no favours were called in.
I'm not too well informed on u.s. pres races but find it strange that Airforce One is used as hillary's campaign kite. Have other candidates in the past enjoyed access to the presidents private jet?
Tentacles of the clinton clique reach far and wide so even if trump crushes one or two more than enough will remain to make Airforce One her private jet imo. How did the u.s. get mired in such a disasterous situation where trump is cast as david to face the clinton goliath. Old scripts had a peoples choice winner but in this current version no matter whom endures the people loose.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
from a president where no one can find a single example of his telling the truth about anything

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
The usual protocol is for the sitting president to be almost neutral. They would have a slight bias to their own party but they rarely jump on the campaign trail. Regan didn't do it for Bush, Clinton didn't do it for Gore (if he had that might have been all that was required to push Gore over the top -- hanging chads and all). George W didn't do it for McCain.

10larry

Electoral Member
Apr 6, 2010
Niagara Falls
But we know who is and as Danbones points out his track record is nothing to write home about, for trump it's campaign bluster but for obomba it's commander in chief responsibility.. big dif. Latest barac ooops moment has him deciding to keep more troops in afghanistan, I've lost track of how many miscalculations he's had to rejig. I'm trying now to think of one instance where backpeddling has not been an eventual component in any any of his adventures.