Those Pesky Fact Checkers!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
This new ad features a 1998 clip of Hillary Clinton speaking about the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) signed into law by her husband, then-President Bill Clinton. The ad is an interesting example of how images and words can be assembled to present an image of leadership, while giving a misleading impression about what exactly happened.
Clinton herself has echoed the narrative in the ad. “Even when I was First Lady, you know after we were not successful in health care, I teamed up with Republicans and Democrats to create the Children’s Health Insurance Program,” she told Newsday in April.
Given the facts about CHIP and the reporting at the time, you could assemble a somewhat less favorable account about Clinton’s role in creating CHIP. The ad is correct that about 8 million low-income children receive health care through the program. But it’s questionable that she played a key leadership role to creating CHIP.

More at link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...c-chain_factchecker-820am-camp:homepage/story

Or, as Simon and Garfunkel said in their great hit "The Boxer:"

Lie lie lie
Lie lie lie lie
Lie lie lie
Lie lie lie
Lie lie lie lie
Lie lie lie
Lie lie lie-lie lie

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I'd trust an egg salad sandwich from a gas station washroom vending machine before I trusted Hillary. This is not the first time she's claimed to have played an important role in something positive when in reality, she didn't. She also has a habit of conveniently "forgetting" her own past history when it comes to certain flavours of the month she's championing.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
every politician lies to get ahead, to be 'successful', to get their own sh!t done, to throw you a scrap.

we all know this. why be surprised. why be shocked? why feign triggered feels?

so get away from the cocooned elite beltway douchebags. try the new guy.

he cannot possibly be any worse than the cucky mongrel y'all have now.

that greasy evil hildebeast should die from a weeping-sores-type disease.

long live daddy trump.