Kathleen Wynne slams Donald Trump as ‘dangerous for Canada’

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

WASHINGTON – Donald Trump is a danger to Canada and the world, Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne said in Washington on Thursday in an unusual foray into a foreign election.

“I think that a candidate for the presidency of the United States who is intent on being divisive, who is intent on ignoring the realities of the global economy, and doesn’t see the benefit of an inclusive, pluralistic society – I think it’s very dangerous for Canada, and I think it’s dangerous for the world,” Wynne said in an interview at the Canadian embassy.

A Trump presidency would be “destabilizing for the continent,” she said, “but it would go well beyond the continent.”

It is uncommon for premiers to criticize candidates in other countries, especially during visits there. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau refused to respond directly to a flurry of Trump-related queries during an official visit to Washington in March, saying repeatedly that he had faith in the American electorate.

Wynne, also a Liberal, did not utter the Republican nominee’s name. But she portrayed him as an ignoramus on the economy and a malice in his approach to Muslims.

“I think anyone who pretends that unrealistic protectionism is going to be helpful to any of us doesn’t understand the realities of the 21st century,” she said when asked about his vow to rip up the North American Free Trade Agreement. “I think we need to find ways of working together, not being hostile to one another.”

She added: “Pretending we can separate ourselves from each other, it’s just not realistic.”

Trump has offered a steady stream of anti-Muslim rhetoric and policy. Among his signature policies is a “temporary” ban on all foreign Muslims entering the country.

“That kind of rhetoric that is, again, so divisive, and so out of touch I think with the reality of our combined population. And it really is a very different tone than we’ve heard before in American elections,” Wynne said. “And I do think – well, I know – it causes me anxiety in terms of what the outcome could be.”

Wynne met Thursday with high-profile Sen. Elizabeth Warren, a vocal Trump critic who is reportedly being vetted by Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton as a possible vice-presidential pick.

Wynne declined to endorse Clinton, but she has left no doubt about her preference. A president who “understands how the world works,” and works toward global co-operation, “is going to advance the cause both of the United States and the world much better than dividing and creating hostility,” she said when asked about the former secretary of state on Thursday.

Wynne said the focus of the visit was to “reconfirm how important our trade relationship is.”

She also met with Labor Secretary Tom Perez, U.S. Trade Representative Michael Froman and Republican New York Rep. Elise Stefanik. She gave a speech, closed to the media, at an embassy luncheon on innovation and climate change.

source: https://www.thestar.com/news/world/...lams-donald-trump-as-dangerous-to-canada.html

That should put Canada on Trumps radar.. :lol:

Go Winnie :canada:

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
What I find frightening is that whatever Wynne says is never good for the province, or Canadians in general.

So, if she says that Trump is dangerous for Canada, then he must be fine for Canada. I think it's time to nuke Queen's Park. I think most would agree that the resulting collateral damage would be worth it.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
She your hero BOOMer? You really are becoming a Liberal. See a doctor immediately. Looks like the Oxygen has been cut off from the brain.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

WASHINGTON – Donald Trump is a danger to Canada and the world, Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne said in Washington on Thursday in an unusual foray into a foreign election.

“I think that a candidate for the presidency of the United States who is intent on being divisive, who is intent on ignoring the realities of the global economy, and doesn’t see the benefit of an inclusive, pluralistic society – I think it’s very dangerous for Canada, and I think it’s dangerous for the world,” Wynne said in an interview at the Canadian embassy.

A Trump presidency would be “destabilizing for the continent,” she said, “but it would go well beyond the continent.”

It is uncommon for premiers to criticize candidates in other countries, especially during visits there. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau refused to respond directly to a flurry of Trump-related queries during an official visit to Washington in March, saying repeatedly that he had faith in the American electorate.

Wynne, also a Liberal, did not utter the Republican nominee’s name. But she portrayed him as an ignoramus on the economy and a malice in his approach to Muslims.

“I think anyone who pretends that unrealistic protectionism is going to be helpful to any of us doesn’t understand the realities of the 21st century,” she said when asked about his vow to rip up the North American Free Trade Agreement. “I think we need to find ways of working together, not being hostile to one another.”

She added: “Pretending we can separate ourselves from each other, it’s just not realistic.”

Trump has offered a steady stream of anti-Muslim rhetoric and policy. Among his signature policies is a “temporary” ban on all foreign Muslims entering the country.

“That kind of rhetoric that is, again, so divisive, and so out of touch I think with the reality of our combined population. And it really is a very different tone than we’ve heard before in American elections,” Wynne said. “And I do think – well, I know – it causes me anxiety in terms of what the outcome could be.”

Wynne met Thursday with high-profile Sen. Elizabeth Warren, a vocal Trump critic who is reportedly being vetted by Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton as a possible vice-presidential pick.

Wynne declined to endorse Clinton, but she has left no doubt about her preference. A president who “understands how the world works,” and works toward global co-operation, “is going to advance the cause both of the United States and the world much better than dividing and creating hostility,” she said when asked about the former secretary of state on Thursday.

Wynne said the focus of the visit was to “reconfirm how important our trade relationship is.”

She also met with Labor Secretary Tom Perez, U.S. Trade Representative Michael Froman and Republican New York Rep. Elise Stefanik. She gave a speech, closed to the media, at an embassy luncheon on innovation and climate change.

source: https://www.thestar.com/news/world/...lams-donald-trump-as-dangerous-to-canada.html

That should put Canada on Trumps radar.. :lol:

Go Winnie :canada:

Speaking of dangerous for Canada....we have mr wynne.

10larry

Electoral Member
Apr 6, 2010
Niagara Falls
Wonder whom woke her up? The donald placed havens like queens park in his sights long ago and as establishments go ontario sets an abysmal standard. An economic ignoramus and fan of corporate welfare critical of a loud mouth that understands balance sheets perfectly is just too rich. That she by default backs hillary should come as no surprise, the gender solidarity thing is of more import than hillarys' warrior bent and professional bafflegab on e-mail accounts. Kate is half right trump is capable of causing global havoc but she shouldn't sell hair trigger clinton short.