Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
TRUMP Has Pushed FORD to Return MEXICAN Plant to OHIO

Donald Trump may not be the president yet, but his constant criticism of Ford outsourcing jobs to Mexico has caused the auto tycoon to bring the $2 billion plant back to the United States.

CNN Money reports that Ford is moving its facility, originally slated for Mexico, back to the United States, where it will employ 1,000 factory workers in struggling Youngstown, Ohio.

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump recently said that if he’s elected he would take steps to make it more expensive for manufacturers to shift work to Mexico and then export the items back to the United States.

“How does that help us?” Trump said about the Ford investment in Mexico while campaigning in Michigan this week. “Mexico is becoming the new China.”

Ford has declined to comment, but many see this as a good sign, a welcome change after decades of outsourcing manufacturing plant overseas.

CNN added:

Ford’s heavy duty pickup trucks which used to be built in Mexico started rolling off an assembly line in Ohio this week.

That’s good news for the 1,000 Ford workers in Ohio, who might have otherwise been out of work.

It’s also good publicity for Ford (F), which has been under fire for investing so much in Mexico. In April, the automaker said it would invest $2.5 billion in transmission plants in the Mexican states of Chihuahua and Guanajuato, creating about 3,800 jobs there.

Ford’s south-of-the-border strategy has drawn heavy criticism from groups such as the United Auto Workers union and Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump.

The Avon Lake, Ohio, plant produced its first batch of Ford’s full-size F-650 and F-750 pick up trucks… .

WATCH Trump on video about Ford:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hhIT2H-UKQ

source: TRUMP Has Pushed FORD to Return MEXICAN Plant to OHIO ⋆ Patriot Newswire

President Donald Trump is going to Eat Justin Trudeau's Lunch...

..like Putin is doing to Obama right now.. :lol:

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Re: TRUMP Has Pushed FORD to Return MEXICAN Plant to OHIO

Trump must be using David Cameron's Photo shopper...........

Ford CEO responds to Trump's claim that he influenced company: 'Facts are stubborn things.'

Fields said that Ford's decision to move heavy truck production from Mexico to Ohio, which Trump was apparently referencing in his tweet, was made in 2011. Production began in Ohio in August.

Ford CEO Responds to Trump: 'Facts Are Stubborn Things' - US News

Trump appeared to be confusing two separate projects – one that Ford is moving ahead with in Mexico, despite his protests, and another here in Northeast Ohio.

In 2011, his first year as governor, Kasich championed tax incentives that assisted the move, which is expected to preserve more than 1,000 jobs. Ford confirmed last year that it would soon shift the F-650 and F-750 models from Mexico to Avon Lake. The first trucks rolled off the assembly line in August to great fanfare.

Donald Trump erroneously takes credit for Ford shifting truck production from Mexico to Ohio | cleveland.com

Despite what Donald Trump tweeted, Ford is still building a massive plant in Mexico

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-is-still-building-a-massive-plant-in-mexico/

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

TRUMP Has Pushed FORD to Return MEXICAN Plant to OHIO

Donald Trump may not be the president yet, but his constant criticism of Ford outsourcing jobs to Mexico has caused the auto tycoon to bring the $2 billion plant back to the United States.

CNN Money reports that Ford is moving its facility, originally slated for Mexico, back to the United States, where it will employ 1,000 factory workers in struggling Youngstown, Ohio.

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump recently said that if he’s elected he would take steps to make it more expensive for manufacturers to shift work to Mexico and then export the items back to the United States.

“How does that help us?” Trump said about the Ford investment in Mexico while campaigning in Michigan this week. “Mexico is becoming the new China.”

Ford has declined to comment, but many see this as a good sign, a welcome change after decades of outsourcing manufacturing plant overseas.

CNN added:

Ford’s heavy duty pickup trucks which used to be built in Mexico started rolling off an assembly line in Ohio this week.

That’s good news for the 1,000 Ford workers in Ohio, who might have otherwise been out of work.

It’s also good publicity for Ford (F), which has been under fire for investing so much in Mexico. In April, the automaker said it would invest $2.5 billion in transmission plants in the Mexican states of Chihuahua and Guanajuato, creating about 3,800 jobs there.

Ford’s south-of-the-border strategy has drawn heavy criticism from groups such as the United Auto Workers union and Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump.

The Avon Lake, Ohio, plant produced its first batch of Ford’s full-size F-650 and F-750 pick up trucks… .

WATCH Trump on video about Ford:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hhIT2H-UKQ

source: TRUMP Has Pushed FORD to Return MEXICAN Plant to OHIO ⋆ Patriot Newswire

President Donald Trump is going to Eat Justin Trudeau's Lunch...

..like Putin is doing to Obama right now.. :lol:

Trump sounds like an extreme nationalist.

If he thinks the US can raise tariffs against the rest of the world with impunity, he might want to rethink his position.

Trump is far too much in awe of himself.

He also doesn't seem to understand the concept if reciprocity. If he thinks he can toughen immigration laws against foreigners or raise tariffs against imports, he should rethink that.

If I open a factory in a country. I want to ensure that I can freely import the materials that I might need to build my product and then freely export it.

I might be willing to build a snalker-scale subsidiary plant within a protectionist country, but only if I think I can compensate for the higher cost per unit due to higher costs for parts and smalker economies of scale by selling it at a higher cost.

Also, especially if it's a high tech research company or other highly specialized company or tour operator, I want to be sure that I can hire the wirkd's best without having to worry about work visas or to ensure as a tour operator hat I can bring them in without a tourist visa.

Trump risks decimating specialized industries and the tourism industry and push the price of goods and services up while reducing their quality by reducing consumer choice and economies of scale.

Unfortunately, if Trump hurts the US economy, he hurts ours too.

Now that I think about it, Trump sounds more nationalist than the NDP.

Now that I think about it, Trump sounds more nationalist than the NDP.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Trump terifies the political establishment. That is a good thing. Actually that is about all he is good for.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

Trump terifies the political establishment. That is a good thing. Actually that is about all he is good for.

That's scary in itself. If an extreme nationalist terrifies the political establishment because of his popularity, then the political establishment will be tempted to become more nationalist itself to win those votes back.

I'm very much a universalist, pro free trade, pro free movement of labour between borders, etc.

In fact I think one reason the Conservatives lost was because many Canadians are internationalist and so while attracted to the conservatives' free trade rhetoric, might have been turned off by his nationalistic identity politics. That is a lesson I think the Libertarian Party has been learning, which could make it a serious threat to the CPC in future if it should present more competent candidates in future elections

People might be stupid enough to elect him...
Look what just happened in Canada.....

I'm not aware of an exact equivalent of Trump in Canada. Combine Harper's identity politics with Mulcair's protectionism, and you have an approximation of Trump.

Last edited:

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012

That's scary in itself. If an extreme nationalist terrifies the political establishment because of his popularity, then the political establishment will be tempted to become more nationalist itself to win those votes back.

I'm very much a universalist, pro free trade, pro free movement of labour between borders, etc.

In fact I think one reason the Conservatives list was because many Canadians are internationalist and so while attracted to the conservatives' free trade rhetiric, might have been turned off by his nationalistic identity politics. That is a lesson I think the Libertarian Party has been kearning, which could make it a serious threat to the CPC in future if it should present more competent candidates in future elections

I'm not aware of an exact equivalent of Trump in Cabada. Combine Harper's identity politics with Mulcair's protectionism, and you have an approximation of Trump.

He's a combo of a bombastic Putin and lying Netanyahu........

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Certainly not pick ups. Pick ups ae built in Dearborn.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

If they started rolling off the line this week, it has nothing to do with Trump. It takes longer than that to shift a production line.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Re: Who Hates Trump the Most?

I would have voted for A, B & C as a tie. I think a lot of Canadians like the entertainment value of the Donald.