The Official Donald Trump takes poll lead over Hillary Clinton

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
is it time to panic?

The latest presidential polling average shows the Republican candidate ahead by 0.2 percentage points. But this is not the first indication of a potential Trump win

For the first time, Republican Donald Trump seems to have edged ahead of Democrat Hillary Clinton in presidential polling. But only just. What does it mean and should those opposed to Trump be worried?

The polling data site RealClearPolitics (RCP) takes an average of national polls that ask Americans who they would choose in a contest between the two candidates (a scenario that now looks inevitable). On Sunday, RCP updated their numbers to show that Trump is now, on average, 0.2 percentage points ahead of Clinton.

That gap might be narrow, but it has still led some (including a senior elections analyst at RCP) to conclude “it’s probably time to panic”. I’d disagree. For those concerned about the prospect of a Trump victory, it’s been time to panic for a while – zooming out from a single statistic shows it.

Real Clear Politics presidential polling average

more

Donald Trump takes poll lead over Hillary Clinton – is it time to panic? | US news | The Guardian

Political Polls ‏@PpollingNumbers

For the FIRST TIME in the Real Clear Politics average: Trump is leading Clinton nationally

Brian Stelter Verified account ‏@brianstelter

Four of the latest Trump-Clinton head-to-head polls...

Donald Trump takes 2 point lead over Hillary Clinton in new national poll - Washington Times

2 theories for why Donald Trump is now neck and neck with Hillary Clinton in polls - Vox

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
She's feeling the Bern!

Cokie Roberts seemed very frustrated this morning on NPR, chastising Democrats who thought Clinton would waltz into the presidency. She has been warning them.

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
I dont really like Hillary but Donny the antichrist trump is the sign of end of human civilization. And the American people are stupid enough to vote him in

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I dont really like Hillary but Donny the antichrist trump is the sign of end of human civilization. And the American people are stupid enough to vote him in
Why would you say that ? Do you have credible examples of Trump being the antichrist ?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

We already know what ignorance costs. Since the left took over education students have been going downhill every year compared to other countries, especially Japan. This poor education is largely why the US political systen=m is such a mess. Time to get back to the basics of the three R's.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XOocb-DId4

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YINooPV7jM
Yup a bunch of failed candidates don't like him , I guess that might be because they lost to him more than him being the antichrist . But then you put all your eggs in Ted Cruz's basket and you don't like him either .

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Still panicked about Trump? Don’t be

I already told you, I’m panicking now!

OK, OK. There are a few things to look at in some of the polls that are included in these averages. First, they include a Rasmussen poll that shows Clinton losing by 5 points to Trump and winning less than half the nonwhite vote.

That doesn’t seem right.

It’s not. She will likely win 70 to 80 percent of the nonwhite vote. Along the same lines, the Fox poll has Trump getting 23 percent of the Latino vote (which is what Mitt Romney received in 2012). It shows the electorate +1 Republican even though Democrats have a 6 to 7 point advantage in voter registration. The NBC poll that has Clinton up by 3 points gives Trump 28 percent of the Latino vote. Other polls suggest that the percent of white voters will go up this year, even though that number has declined every year since 1992. For example, that year 87 percent of the electorate was white. In 2012, it was 72 percent. Any poll that shows Trump doing as well as Romney with Hispanics, and also shows a rising number of white voters, should be viewed with suspicion.

OK, forget the head-to-head polls; if Trump is such a toxic candidate, why is he even close to Clinton in the polls? Shouldn’t she be crushing him?

Not necessarily; and certainly not right now. It’s important to keep in mind where we are in the race — the Republican campaign is over and the Democratic one is not. That goes a long way toward explaining what’s happening right now. Republicans are rallying around their likely standard-bearer. Even some of Trump’s harshest critics are urging voters to back the presumptive nominee. A couple of weeks ago, Senator Lindsey Graham said he “cannot in good conscience support Donald Trump.” Now he’s urging conservative donors to get behind him. So Republicans accepting reality is almost certainly pushing up Trump’s numbers.

On the Democratic side, since the race is ongoing, with more primaries remaining, you have a lot of Democrats who support Bernie Sanders and are not yet willing to put their backing behind Clinton. As my colleague James Pindell put it, the race “has tightened . . . because Republicans have come around to Trump, while Clinton is still dealing with a divided party.” For example, according to the recent New York Times poll, which has Clinton up 6 points over Trump, 28 percent of Sanders voters say they won’t back her in November.

Oh no, she’s going to lose, she’s going to lose! Run for your lives!

Wait a second. Calm down. Back in April 2008, 35 percent of Clinton supporters said they would vote for the likely GOP nominee, John McCain, over Barack Obama. At the end of the day, however, the overwhelming majority of Democrats voted for Obama.

Unless Bernie Sanders refuses to endorse Clinton — and I can’t imagine he would do that — the vast majority of Sanders backers will vote for the party nominee. Indeed, when the last primary occurs on June 7 and Clinton wraps up the nomination, I expect that you will see a jump in her poll numbers, as Democrats unite behind the nominee.

Still panicked about Donald Trump? Don’t be - The Boston Globe

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Oh no... an article from the ultra liberal Boston Globe!

If the Boston Globe is saying... it is probably time to panic.

One snippet...

But, I’m panicked now! If you’re sure Trump is going to lose, why is he leading in the polls?

There are a few reasons. First of all, we shouldn’t freak out over a single poll, especially one that stands in contrast to what other polls are telling us about the race. We should always look at polling averages to get a sense of where the race stands.

I guess the reader should stop reading there as he is leading in a number of polls... and continue to panic.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
The aggregates still shows Clinton in the lead.

I would wait for the Bern to cool off before we make hasty assumptions.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
They've been waiting for the Bern to cool off since January. Predicting each week he will drop gracefully out and support the establishment.

The Dems are feeling the Bern!

The aggregates still shows Clinton in the lead.

Sure once they discount enough Trump + polls. lol

Feeling that Bern!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Well next week the Boston Globe's Cohen will have another "imaginary" conversation with his "imaginary" friend and you can start another thread.

I see you're starting to panic as well. :)

Feeling that Bern good aren't you?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Oh stop, pissing off Canadian leftards is just a bonus if Trump is elected.

What makes you think Trump would be such a wonderful leader...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_xkd_hWojc

Trump is a Con-Man and a Loose Canon.. his past experiences, well failure after failure.. and you want him to run the US economy.. :lol:

His sales pitches are more like a Used Car salesmen... "Believe Me. You're Gonna Love it.."