Bill O’Reilly outdoes Donald Trump with racist remark

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Bill O’Reilly outdoes Donald Trump with racist remark

Fox News host Bill O’Reilly went beyond the pale Monday, noting Donald Trump’s poor standing in the black community and then asking his guest how he would provide jobs for unqualified people who “have tattoos on their foreheads.”

O’Reilly made the stunningly — even for him — bigoted remark during “The O’Reilly Factor.” Trump defended his support among African-Americans and promised “to bring back jobs.”

But his campaign rhetoric riled O’Reilly.

“How are you going to get jobs for them? Many of them are ill-educated and have tattoos on their foreheads, and I hate to be generalized about it, but it’s true,” he said.

“If you look at all the educational statistics, how are you going to get jobs for people who aren’t qualified for jobs?”

Trump maintained the problem is that jobs have left the U.S.

“I got it,” O’Reilly said. “You say you can bring jobs back, but if the kid isn’t qualified to do the job . . . ?” the host huffed, after talking about the difficulties for poor children in Harlem without parental guidance.

Trump responded “we will get the skills” and stuck to his party line that the solution is to bring jobs back home.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/polit...-donald-trump-racist-remark-article-1.2597174

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
How is stating that some people have "tattoos on their foreheads" being racist? Honestly! He has a point. He happened to be speaking about Blacks but I've seen whites with tattoos all over their bods as well and I wouldn't hire them either!!

Some people need to get a life!

JMHO

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
The implication that the people he is referencing are all ill educated and incapable of getting themselves employed.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
How is stating that some people have "tattoos on their foreheads" being racist? Honestly! He has a point. He happened to be speaking about Blacks but I've seen whites with tattoos all over their bods as well and I wouldn't hire them either!!

Some people need to get a life!

JMHO

Correct. There's nothing wrong in those remarks and I daresay only about 5% of the population are bothered by them.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Correct. There's nothing wrong in those remarks and I daresay only about 5% of the population are bothered by them.

I daresay you are talking out of your butt.

Also, you have a penchant for paedophilia so I'm not sure you are the foremost authority on what the public really thinks.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I daresay you are talking out of your butt.

No. I reckon I'm being fairly accurate when I say that hardly anybody in America or the rest of the world will be bothered about Mr O'Reilly's comments.

This is just another case, so prevalent in this day and age, of Lefties seizing on a comment and screaming "RAAAACIIIIIIIIIIIST!", however innocent and non-offensive and non-racist said comment is.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Years ago, there were many jobs in factories for people without higher levels of education.

I remember being in a factory in Cleveland where they made (and still make) large industrial gears; the plant owners were two brothers who took over from their father. One had been a teacher, I believe, and he was actually teaching literacy classes to any employees who wanted. It was fascinating, and quite interesting to see the variety of employees they had.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Your nothing posts are clingons.

Try to grow a pair and actually jump into the conversation.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
The implication that the people he is referencing are all ill educated and incapable of getting themselves employed.

That is true of that subset of people (not necessarily black). There are a large number of poor kids who have sluffed off high school and/or dropped out, who have their pants around their knees, nose pierced and tattoos visible. And have an attitude. How are they employable?