R-Governor of Georgia - doing the right thing

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I think I remember the Egyptian book of the dead had a list of a hundred and twenty five commandments. Obviously the result of over accomodations over a long Imperial reign. Poof yer history. So do you think gender specifications will multiply? How many sets of rights will be required? It would be a lot more efficient if we could make one size fit all. Can you suck air? Here are your human rights. Pay attentionto section 12007, the right to contribute to society through taxation. You are a valued member of the team.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
The bill would almost certainly be a violation of the US constitution in any case. But, of course that would enable more expensive wrangling in court.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
When I read that large groups of people down there think nothing of suspending their Constitution to such mean spirited ends, it makes me wonder if the US will shatter like a piece of glass, sometime soon.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Of course the Governor only reversed his parties wishes because of the dollars he would lose from those Hollywood lefties....

Disney, Walking Dead and others threaten to move if HB 757 passes

During the last fiscal year, at least 248 films and television productions were shot in Georgia, adding at least $1.7 billion in direct spending to the state’s economy. Additionally, the entertainment industry helped to bring more than 100 businesses to Georgia through relocation or expansion in the past fiscal year. Only two states — California and New York — have a larger entertainment industry footprint and both have statewide non-discrimination protections on the books. Unfortunately, Georgia not only lacks such protections, but could soon move from a bad situation to worse with H.B. 757.

Hollywood heavyweights slam Georgia ‘religious liberty’ bill | Political Insider blog

And not everyone is happy with Nathan .........

“I thought that was very disappointing to see Governor Deal in Georgia side with leftist activists,” Cruz told reporters outside a restaurant here where he met with voters ahead of Wisconsin's April 5 primary.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/03/28/cruz-calls-georgia-governors-veto-of-controversial-religious-freedom-bill-very-disappointing/

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Of course the Governor only reversed his parties wishes because of the dollars he would lose from those Hollywood lefties....

Disney, Walking Dead and others threaten to move if HB 757 passes

During the last fiscal year, at least 248 films and television productions were shot in Georgia, adding at least $1.7 billion in direct spending to the state’s economy. Additionally, the entertainment industry helped to bring more than 100 businesses to Georgia through relocation or expansion in the past fiscal year. Only two states — California and New York — have a larger entertainment industry footprint and both have statewide non-discrimination protections on the books. Unfortunately, Georgia not only lacks such protections, but could soon move from a bad situation to worse with H.B. 757.

Hollywood heavyweights slam Georgia ‘religious liberty’ bill | Political Insider blog

And not everyone is happy with Nathan .........

“I thought that was very disappointing to see Governor Deal in Georgia side with leftist activists,” Cruz told reporters outside a restaurant here where he met with voters ahead of Wisconsin's April 5 primary.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/03/28/cruz-calls-georgia-governors-veto-of-controversial-religious-freedom-bill-very-disappointing/

I have no doubt that was a big part of his calculation. Do you have any evidence to support your contention that it was the only part?

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
I guess I'm a little behind. Where did all this LGBT stuff come from? Are there really that many? And just why, does it seem, they're coming out of the woodwork now? Was there something in the air, in the food, in the water that all of a sudden we have scores of LGBT people that are being denied their rights and who want to use washrooms because they either (a) really want to be the opposite gender of what they are or (b). want to piss off the mainstream and demand to use whatever washroom they choose?

Quite frankly, I think something is up. I believe there's extreme social engineering going on and it makes me wonder what the hell is going on. I honestly don't know how, for example, a 6 year old can determine that they want to be a boy/girl when they don't even have the capacity to know what they want at that age. So a girl is playing with trucks (oh, she must want to be a boy or is a boy "inside" (I played with trucks with my brothers too). Oh, a boy is playing with dolls, so he must be a girl "inside". How utterly ridiculous and I guess it's now "fashionable". Really??

It's likely me, but I think a lot of this is crap! Let me be clear - there may be some individuals out there who really genuinely feel trapped in another gender's body, but it seems like an epidemic and it just makes me think that it's just another social experiment.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

JMHO

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Well according to the head shrinky types about 10% of the population falls into one of these categories. That is a fair number of votes.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I guess I'm a little behind. Where did all this LGBT stuff come from? Are there really that many? And just why, does it seem, they're coming out of the woodwork now? Was there something in the air, in the food, in the water that all of a sudden we have scores of LGBT people that are being denied their rights and who want to use washrooms because they either (a) really want to be the opposite gender of what they are or (b). want to piss off the mainstream and demand to use whatever washroom they choose?
You got it exactly right. They came out of the woodwork. Meaning for decades or centuries they put up with feeling uncomfortable and out of place, up to and including the point of suicide, because people who are comfortable in their biological sex would discriminate against them, jail them, beat them, and murder them.

Then they got tired of it.

Quite frankly, I think something is up. I believe there's extreme social engineering going on and it makes me wonder what the hell is going on. I honestly don't know how, for example, a 6 year old can determine that they want to be a boy/girl when they don't even have the capacity to know what they want at that age. So a girl is playing with trucks (oh, she must want to be a boy or is a boy "inside" (I played with trucks with my brothers too). Oh, a boy is playing with dolls, so he must be a girl "inside". How utterly ridiculous and I guess it's now "fashionable". Really??
There is an element of that. You will always have an extreme fringe. But to judge LGBTQ people by the acting-out fringe is like judging straight people by the slobbering morons screaming that all gays should be shot.

It's likely me, but I think a lot of this is crap! Let me be clear - there may be some individuals out there who really genuinely feel trapped in another gender's body, but it seems like an epidemic and it just makes me think that it's just another social experiment.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

JMHO
Clearly you're not the only one who feels that way. It's a trend at the moment. It was repressed for so long that now that it's out, it's getting a lot of attention. It'll die down over time, and transgenders'll just be another normal variation.

And that'll be our ultimate revenge on the drama queens. I once said to a "marriage equality activist," "What're you gonna do for attention when we legalize gay marriage?"

Well, now I know.

But just because the "activists" are annoying don't mean there ain't a real problem.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
But you made my point exactly when you said "What're you gonna do for attention when we legalize gay marriage?" I'm sorry, but while there may be "some" I don't believe it's as "massive" an issue that it's being made to be. It's just another "cause".

I dunno.....

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
But you made my point exactly when you said "What're you gonna do for attention when we legalize gay marriage?" I'm sorry, but while there may be "some" I don't believe it's as "massive" an issue that it's being made to be. It's just another "cause".

I dunno.....
That was to the "activists," i.e., the shrieking, acting-out fringe.

If you insist on judging all transgenders by that fringe, then you can't complain if they judge all straights by the mouth-breathing thugs who have an unhealthy obsession with other folks' underwear.