VIDEO: Bill Clinton slams ‘awful legacy of last 8 years’

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

Bill Clinton is either losing it, or he’s ramping up his attacks on President Obama. Neither is good news for Hillary Clinton.

During a speech in Spokane, Washington on Monday, Clinton seemed to tear down Obama to boost his wife.

“Literally from the time I met her till we talked yesterday, she is the best change maker I have ever known.

“She always finds a way to make something good happen, to make people feel empowered, to buy people into the process, to make democracy work the way the framer intended for it to work,” Clinton said.

“Now, if you don’t believe that we can all grow together again, if you don’t believe that we’re ever going to grow again, if you believe it’s more important to relitigate the past, there may be many reasons that you don’t want to support her.

“But if you believe we can all rise together, if you believe we’ve finally come to the point where we can put the awful legacy of the last eight years behind us and the 7 years before that when we were practicing trickle-down economics and no regulation in Washington, which is what caused the crash, then you should vote for her,” Clinton said.

VIDEO: Bill Clinton slams ‘awful legacy of last 8 years’ | The American Mirror

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
and the 7 years before that when we were practicing trickle-down economics and no regulation in Washington, which is what caused the crash, then you should vote for her,” Clinton said.
LAWLZ! The Clinton administration was just another in the line of administrations that helped to remove the last of the roadblocks which allowed for the sub-prime scam to go forward.
Mr. Clinton is JUST as guilty for what happened in 2008 as Bush.

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
Bill does say something sensible on occasion. This may have been a slip but he did say something profound. The past 7+ years of the Obama gang reign have been horrible for this nation. His legacy may be a Presidential Library in a Out House.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Bill does say something sensible on occasion. This may have been a slip but he did say something profound. The past 7+ years of the Obama gang reign have been horrible for this nation. His legacy may be a Presidential Library in a Out House.

It is entirely possible that Clinton was not referring to Obama, but to the incredible obstructionism and outright stupidity of the GOP.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Obstructionism ... by that you mean not doing everything the Obama Administration wants I would guess.

He's pretty much got whatever he wanted which is why the GOP establishment is struggling.

Furthermore for two of those last 8 years he's referring to the Democrats had full control of congress and could have done whatever they pleased. In addition, for six of those years the Democrats held the Senate and Harry Reid blocked just about every GOP bill before it got to the President.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Obstructionism ... by that you mean not doing everything the Obama Administration wants I would guess.

He's pretty much got whatever he wanted which is why the GOP establishment is struggling.

Furthermore for two of those last 8 years he's referring to the Democrats had full control of congress and could have done whatever they pleased. In addition, for six of those years the Democrats held the Senate and Harry Reid blocked just about every GOP bill before it got to the President.

Apparently you missed this little news item.
The Conspiracy to Commit Legislative Constipation | Vanity Fair

But I don't find that surprising. What I do find surprising is that you don't understand how the US government works and the fact that a minority party can slow the legislative process to almost a crawl.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
It is entirely possible that Clinton was not referring to Obama, but to the incredible obstructionism and outright stupidity of the GOP.

exactly right, and he mentioned how Obama had to make progress in his position with one hand
tied behind his back, as he was being obstructed the whole way, (I'm paraphrasing) , hence
('awful legacy of last 8 years.)

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Unfortunately she supported the Iraq War (the reason ISIS exists).

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
The Clinton legacy? Every pres got to leave some legacy, something sprayed onto bushes and firehydrants for the citizens benefit. I remember the Clinton Golden Years, there was hope and promice of a bright new electric future. Now we're all going to be killed by climate change cuz you won't stop driving the 351 to town.

Unfortunately she supported the Iraq War (the reason ISIS exists).

We will need a fuller explanation about the incubation of ISIS. What fertilizers did they use? What kind of lights? What was thier yield over watts? Does it taste fruitty?