Safe space disgrace: Mizzou rejects fired Prof. Melissa Click’s appeal

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
COLUMBIA, MO -- The University of Missouri Board of Curators has denied an appeal filed by Mizzou assistant professor Dr. Melissa Click.

The appeal was dismissed after the board decided her appeal brought no new information. The board released the following statement:
This action by the board completes the discipline and appeals process for Dr. Click. Dr. Click was treated fairly throughout this matter, including meeting with investigators multiple times to share information as well as her opinion; providing investigators with a list of favorable witnesses, with every attempt made by investigators to meet with those suggested by Dr. Click; ample opportunity, along with her legal counsel, to review and provide comments to the investigator’s report, which included all documents, videos and witness statements in the report, before the final report was even reviewed by the board; and finally, Dr. Click’s opportunity to appeal the decision of the board.
We consider this matter now closed and are moving forward as a university and as a community.
Dr. Click was terminated on February 24 after an investigation into her involvement with student protests on Mizzou's campus last year.

The assistant professor made national headlines after calling for "muscle" to be brought against a student journalist. A video released in February showed Dr. Click cursing out a cop during a parade in October.

KSDK NewsChannel 5 Verified account ‏@ksdknews

MU board denies Melissa Click's appeal http://on.ksdk.com/1RLNjk4

Safe space disgrace: Mizzou rejects fired Prof. Melissa Click's appeal twitchy.com

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
good!.. i'm actually surprised given the state of higher education that a university would actually demand responsible behaviour on the part of faculty.. with consequences for failing to do so.. and in the face of the overarching obligation to capitulate to certified 'victims' of our 'racist, sexist, homophobic' society.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Click is a perfect example of the hate filled intolerant liberals in the US.
She certainly is. But you forgot "gutless." As in, wants violence but is too gutless to take a swing herself.

Giving her a pass for cowardice where you would scorn a man for the same cowardice would be sexist.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I honestly can't believe the professors and some employees got that engaged in student activities. I mean physically engaged. Let the students be students. She was like a storm trooper out there.

No different than a crazed hockey mom... or baseball mom, etc.

Let the kids play

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I honestly can't believe the professors and some employees got that engaged in student activities. I mean physically engaged. Let the students be students. She was like a storm trooper out there.

No different than a crazed hockey mom... or baseball mom, etc.

Let the kids play
Yep. College kids are supposed to be passionate about stupid stuff. Professors are supposed to be a little saner.

Oh, well. She ain't a problem no more. I calculate she'll be leading protests over the lunch milk at Shadyside Middle School sometime real quick.

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
I'm surprised the University of California's Communist Party chair Angela Davis hasn't contacted Click offering her a big job teaching Social Engineering in the Whacko School of Government.