Republican Party crackup has Democrats in stitches

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
The sub-headline: 'You want to quote me as saying hahahahahahaha?' asked one.

Thursday in the Republican Party was like hilarious fan-fiction for Democrats to hate read until they hurt from all the laughing.

It started with Mitt Romney and Donald Trump erupting into a civil war. It ended with Trump bragging about the size of his ***** and shouting back and forth with "Little Marco" Rubio and "Lying Ted" Cruz, then pledging to support the Republican nominee no matter what in the last question, before immediately starting to wiggle out of that pledge in a post-debate interview conducted before he’d even left the stage. Not to mention Trump’s insistence that he could get the military to commit war crimes by sheer force of will.

On the liberal-leaning Huffington Post, the banner headline Thursday night was COCK FIGHT.

Or, as Maryland Sen. Ben Cardin summed it up for the Democrats on Twitter as soon as the debate ended: “Come on.”

“How many more of these do we have to sit through? Asking for a friend. #GOPdebate,” Hillary Clinton tweeted, with a GIF of her rubbing her temples during one of her appearances in front of Congress. It got retweeted nearly 7,000 times.

This is actually what most Democrats think. Their opponents are destroying themselves in unbelievable fashion with no sign of it stopping soon. Why is this happening? The prevailing view is the Republicans have for years encouraged right-wing craziness and it's now out of control, like Frankenstein's monster.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Neocons inherently believe in getting rid of government.

Well this is what that looks like lol

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The Republican 'establishment'.
Oh? Where has it gone? Does the Republican establishment not control Congress and the majority of state houses in the country?

You need to borrow some of MHz's pills. I understand you dislike Republicans, and Conservatives, and Albertans, and. . . well, basically 90+% of the people on earth, but no need to be delusional about it.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The left is scared $hitless that Trump will get elected and they will be expected to do their fair share for the economy and country.
I saw an interesting meme on facebook yesterday that said: The US thinks it is having an election. The rest of the world views it as an IQ test.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The left is scared $hitless that Trump will get elected and they will be expected to do their fair share for the economy and country.
I do hope you understand that when you talk about what the left wants or thinks, it sounds exactly as clueless and childishly spiteful as when mentalfloss declares what the right thinks and wants.

I saw an interesting meme on facebook yesterday that said: The US thinks it is having an election. The rest of the world views it as an IQ test.
Of course, if we commented on your elections, you'd bust a blood vessel screaming about how we can't interfere in your elections.

MMMmmm. . . Canadian hypocrisy. Now with genuine maple flavor!

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
That particular hypocrisy is less egregious than the stupidity of the Republican race right now.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
That particular hypocrisy is less egregious than the stupidity of the Republican race right now.
Yes, we know "less egregious" is your aspiration.

So, aside from the tu quoque fallacy, any other valuable input? Or any more logical fallacies you want to air?

C'mon, do it for Justin!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
This is actually what most Democrats think. Their opponents are destroying themselves in unbelievable fashion with no sign of it stopping soon. Why is this happening? The prevailing view is the Republicans have for years encouraged right-wing craziness and it's now out of control, like Frankenstein's monster.

I suppose a Clinton Coronation is preferred by the Democrats rather than letting the people decide.

Super Delegates anyone?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
MMMmmm. . . Canadian hypocrisy. Now with genuine maple flavor!

It's new and improved... Pairs exceptionally well with our other major export

Awww. . . now you're butthurt because I caught you in a tu quoque fallacy.

If you insist on employing french, at least use Canadian french.

Lemme give you a helpful example in this common french canadian phrase: '...dowes ghod damme hanglos comes ind ma Forum et takes aways ma Coupe Stanley'

Use this as a template and you'll enjoy universal understanding and respect

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I find that picture highly offensive, Cliffy.

The implication that a Reptilian would use a non-gas powered vehicle is slanderous.

How ya been?