Democrats Warn Hillary

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Sheeechh She won in a landslide don't you know .

Quit raining on my parade .
YIKES .

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
The headline should be "A few Democrats tell Hillary to not laugh off the Trump threat".

The majority view is that Hillary Clinton would crush Donald Trump in a general election.

I've heard people make the case Trump could win the Rust Belt states (Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania) which are traditionally Democratic.

But I've also heard an equally plausible case Clinton could win Southern states with large African-American populations (Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana) which are traditionally Republican.

So take from that what you will.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The headline should be "A few Democrats tell Hillary to not laugh off the Trump threat".

The majority view is that Hillary Clinton would crush Donald Trump in a general election.

I've heard people make the case Trump could win the Rust Belt states (Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania) which are traditionally Democratic.

But I've also heard an equally plausible case Clinton could win Southern states with large African-American populations (Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana) which are traditionally Republican.

It could just boil down to who is perceived to be the most competent! That would sure be nice. :) :)

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
This is an election like no other and I do believe it will come down to Hillary and likely Trump
the one other issue is the main stream party of the GOP might move against Trump

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
This is an election like no other and I do believe it will come down to Hillary and likely Trump
the one other issue is the main stream party of the GOP might move against Trump

That could be a huge mistake, perhaps we don't see what his supporters are seeing in him. I think he might see a lot of hypocrisy in all the P.C. bull sh*t.

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
Yes, there are a lot of moving parts going on in this non-traditional election. Money is one them.

Trump is almost entirely a self-funding candidate for president, which is practically unheard of. He and his supporters will make that out to be a strength, like he's not beholden to anybody but himself. That may be true, but it's a stretch whether that can win a presidential election.

There's a reason there haven't been many self-funded candidates. It's usually because they are weak and can't convince donors to give them money.

Clinton, on the other hand, has been the biggest fundraiser of the campaign so far (with the possible exception of former candidate Jeb Bush). She has people donating money to her like crazy.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yes, there are a lot of moving parts going on in this non-traditional election. Money is one them.

Trump is almost entirely a self-funding candidate for president, which is practically unheard of. He and his supporters will make that out to be a strength, like he's not beholden to anybody but himself. That may be true, but it's a stretch whether that can win a presidential election.
That's a popular canard. Also completely false.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
A friend of mine put her opinion quite succinctly. She said "Americans are under-educated on purpose. They don't fund their schools, nor pay their teachers enough, they don't address the drop-out rates at all, so you have basically an illiterate population that the elites can manipulate, lie to them, fleece them to their (elites) hearts content. Then when someone like the Donald comes by, people are too stupid to realize that he's just as bad as the rest of them."

HUH! I just thought it was apathy, but apparently I was wrong.

JMO

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

You must be sticking to Rachel Maddow and Chris Matthews.

With the low Democrat turnout as of late?

No wonder why they are warning Hillary.

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
We're going to discover it is pure fantasy that Trump is making the Republican Party stronger. Sporadic reports of high voter turnout in Republican primaries is nothing compared to headlines like this:

Republican Voters Kind Of Hate All Their Choices

Trump does not just divide rank-and-file voters from Republican poo-bahs. He’s also extremely divisive among Republican voters, much more so than a typical front-runner. In exit polls so far, only 49 percent of Republican voters say they would be satisfied with Trump as their nominee — remarkable considering Trump’s lead in votes and delegates. But compounding the GOP’s problems, Marco Rubio or Ted Cruz would leave only slightly more Republican voters happy.

Republican Voters Kind Of Hate All Their Choices | FiveThirtyEight

Far from being a healthy, strong phenomena, this is actually closer to the Republican Party becoming non-viable as a U.S. political party sometime soon.