Super Tuesday

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Today they'll be voting for party candidates in 13 states. In each party, there's about 2500 delegates, so you need about 1250. A mite over 600 Republican delegates are up for grabs today, and about 880 Democrats. So it's a big day.

I do promise it'll be ugly and silly.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
That is the best thing about Trump. He is making all the idiot political class look in the mirror.
No he isn't. Where the heck did you get that impression? All he's doing is making the Republican establishment, that ignored him for so long, fight desperately to try to roll back the tide now.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Yup. I love how the RINOs are saying he's making promises he can't keep. Pot and Kettle.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
No he isn't. Where the heck did you get that impression? All he's doing is making the Republican establishment, that ignored him for so long, fight desperately to try to roll back the tide now.

Canadian news. Don't forget our news media is controlled by leftys and they are terrified of Trump. Even compare him to what they think Hitler was like, which is kind of funny because few of them were even born when Hitler was around.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
And have from moment zero. Kinda weird seeing the Dems march in lockstep and the Reps go all loopy, ain't it?

Well the Dems weren't in lock step in 2008 as it was Hillary's turn until they shelved her for 8 years. And they certainly weren't in lock step the first two years of the Obama presidency. They managed to pass Obamacare at great risk to themselves and that was pretty much it. I am sure you can remember the infighting and they could have passed whatever they wanted.

The GOP establishment is going loopy over Trump and they're the ones who created him through their actions and inactions.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Well the Dems weren't in lock step in 2008 as it was Hillary's turn until they shelved her for 8 years. And they certainly weren't in lock step the first two years of the Obama presidency.
Precisely my point. Ordinarily the Dumbocrats have institutional ADHD, and the Reptilians have the discipline of a Panzer division. Weird to see them swap.

They managed to pass Obamacare at great risk to themselves and that was pretty much it. I am sure you can remember the infighting and they could have passed whatever they wanted.
They could've copied any of the health care systems from the other 33 countries in the OECD and achieved universal coverage and comparable outcomes at half the cost. Fortunately, they avoided this disaster and instead constructed a pipeline from your wallet to the medical and insurance industries' offshore bank accounts, enforced by people with guns.

God bless America.

The GOP establishment is going loopy over Trump and they're the ones who created him through their actions and inactions.
Push hate and stupidity long enough, and your people will vote for the stupidest hater.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Precisely my point. Ordinarily the Dumbocrats have institutional ADHD, and the Reptilians have the discipline of a Panzer division. Weird to see them swap.

They could've copied any of the health care systems from the other 33 countries in the OECD and achieved universal coverage and comparable outcomes at half the cost. Fortunately, they avoided this disaster and instead constructed a pipeline from your wallet to the medical and insurance industries' offshore bank accounts, enforced by people with guns.

God bless America.

Push hate and stupidity long enough, and your people will vote for the stupidest hater.

No I don't agree. Most Americans are not unlike Canadians (and like Canadians), have been apathetic too long. Now with their economy in a shambles, no decent jobs etc., etc. people are finally waking up. (Canadians aren't there yet, btw). (And no, don't say that their economy is good because its a false economy - its a sham. The US is broke!!)

People are just sick and tired of being manipulated and have decided to take things into their own hands and the "elite" don't like it at all. It's too bad that there isn't someone "Trump-light" - not considered a politican, someone who will speak their mind (civilly), someone who isn't as arrogant as Trump but with the same determination, someone who will fight for the little guy and not care whether his pockets are lined by "special interest" groups .... alas I don't see anyone like that thus the Trump doing as well as he is.

Maybe he's being arrogant simply for the attention it brings him - it'd be interesting to see at the end of it all, how much this whole thing has cost him compared to Hillary.

But hey, who am I to judge what's in people's minds.

It's gonna be an interesting day today, fer sure!

JMHO

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
No I don't agree. Most Americans are not unlike Canadians (and like Canadians), have been apathetic too long. Now with their economy in a shambles,
For values of "shambles" = fully recovered from the 2008 recession.

no decent jobs
For values of "no decent jobs" = lowest unemployment since 2009.

etc., etc. people are finally waking up.
For values of "waking up" = voting for a blowhard with no policies.

(And no, don't say that their economy is good because its a false economy - its a sham.
For values of "false economy" = anything Dixie doesn't like.

The US is broke!!)
Yeah, so broke the dollar is at record strength. Because nobody wants it.

People are just sick and tired of being manipulated and have decided to take things into their own hands and the "elite" don't like it at all. It's too bad that there isn't someone "Trump-light" - not considered a politican, someone who will speak their mind (civilly), someone who isn't as arrogant as Trump but with the same determination, someone who will fight for the little guy and not care whether his pockets are lined by "special interest" groups .... alas I don't see anyone like that thus the Trump doing as well as he is.
Yeah, Trump's not manipulating people.

But hey, who am I to judge what's in people's minds.
Doing a pretty good job of it so far.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Looking and sounding more and more like Trump is going to be the man. I guess with his money he can afford to just hire someone to do the bull work of running the country!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Yes the GOP is pushing hate... give me a break. I wouldn't think you'd bought into that "Dumbocrat" propaganda.

For values of "shambles" = fully recovered from the 2008 recession.

QE can do wonders as well as low interest rates. How's your portfolio doing this year?

For values of "no decent jobs" = lowest unemployment since 2009.

Especially when you count those who simply aren't looking for work and I am not talking simply retirees.

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
The GOP has done a masterful job of setting the stage for them to lose the White House and both House of Congress. As good as buddies as they had been I wonder if the Clinton group paid their friend Donald rio enter just to split the GOP vote? Look at the Ross Perot spectacle of years ago.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The GOP has done a masterful job of setting the stage for them to lose the White House and both House of Congress. As good as buddies as they had been I wonder if the Clinton group paid their friend Donald rio enter just to split the GOP vote? Look at the Ross Perot spectacle of years ago.

The White House for sure.... the Senate maybe... the House I do not believe the amount of contested seats are up for grabs in November.