Sorry Obama: No SJC Hearing For You!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I guess what comes around goes around.

It is that they appear so shocked at the announcement makes me laugh.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
They do. Even when they pull out old recordings of Dems saying the same things that they are today shocked about.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
So here's a question: At what stage of the term of office does the GOP feel that the President should no longer fulfill his duties? And which of those duties must he ignore?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
So here's a question: At what stage of the term of office does the GOP feel that the President should no longer fulfill his duties? And which of those duties must he ignore?

He has every right to submit a name. The GOP has every right to not hold a hearing. They're doing their job too.

As was pointed out... the Dems in Congress during the final Bush year made it clear that a SJC Judge should not be appointed by him.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Once the old recordings came out the Dems were a little tongue tied.

They simply got caught in their own trap

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Oh dear... Think Progress thought it best to cut out what Biden said.

"It is my view that if a Supreme Court justice resigns tomorrow or within the next several weeks, or resigns at the end of the summer, President Bush should consider following the practice of a majority of his predecessors and not, and not name a nominee until after the November election is completed,"

In fact, he said that if President Bush put forward a nominee, the Judiciary Committee - his committee - should "seriously consider not scheduling confirmation hearings on the nomination until after the political campaign season is over."

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
He has every right to submit a name. The GOP has every right to not hold a hearing. They're doing their job too.

As was pointed out... the Dems in Congress during the final Bush year made it clear that a SJC Judge should not be appointed by him.

So, what's your answer to the question?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
So, what's your answer to the question?

I thought I was pretty clear. The President has every right to submit a name and if he wants to he should. The GOP is just following the Democrats lead and saying they won't have a hearing for it.

So the President should keep being President and execute the laws of the land. I say that with a BIG LAUGH because we all know the President ignores laws he doesn't like.

In addition... Obama cannot even fully enact Obamacare. Probably because he wants to be out of office when the exemptions end.

Last edited: