Obama Blames the Media for Failure of His ISIS Strategy

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
pathetic wee man.

It’s always the messenger’s fault. When President Obama sat down with Steve Inskeep from NPR shortly before jetting off to Hawaii for his annual year-end luau, he gave both supporters and critics a lot to chew on heading into a new year in regards to everything from free speech on campus to the Republican primary field.

But the main focus was on his continuing strategy, or rather, lack thereof, for combating domestic terror attacks. He took the occasion to once again blame the messengers in the media instead of the faulty strategy coming from his administration.

When asked what the public might be missing about his strategy, given that a majority of them disapprove of it, Obama replied simply that news coverage hasn’t been very fair to him:

Well, I think what’s fair is that post-Paris you had a saturation of news about the horrible attack there. And ISIL combines viciousness with very savvy media operations. And as a consequence, if you’ve been watching television for the last month, all you have been seeing, all you have been hearing about is these guys with masks or black flags who are potentially coming to get you.

Obama then went on to make a familiar claim: His biggest fault in the war against Islamic jihadists is that he simply hasn’t done a good enough job of selling his strategy. “We haven’t on a regular basis, I think, described all the work that we’ve been doing for more than a year now to defeat ISIL.”

more

Obama NPR Interview: Blaming the Media for His Policy Failures

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
We need a president like that big bastard who fought with Kurt Russell in the ring in the movie escape from New York, He needs to carry that big azz club with the spikes in the fat end too. Then we'll see who wants to run their mouths.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Obama Blames the Media for Failure of His ISIS Strategy ... the main focus was on his continuing strategy, or rather, lack thereof, for combating domestic terror attacks.

Just a reminder that the two California attackers were not actually associated with ISIS which remains the problem for Syria and Iraq, not the USA. As president what those people do to each other is none of his godd@mn business.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Just a reminder that the two California attackers were not actually associated with ISIS which remains the problem for Syria and Iraq, not the USA. As president what those people do to each other is none of his godd@mn business.

Gopher, come on. That's the best spin I have heard so far. There is a new breed of Terrorist that may not be a card carrying member of Isis, but are Isis inspired. This is a bigger threat to the security of the West than any terror group, because it can come out of nowhere.

So, how does one stop citizens from becoming radicalized and carrying out what is a essentially a lone wolf attack. You will never get them all. But a good start would be killing the source of the inspiration. As they now have the money, the media know how and the ability to radicalize people from 1000's of miles away through the use of social media.

So it's going to be a tough one, because this administration has fallen all over itself to not make the connection to terrorism. Remember the so called movie that inspired angry citizens to attack the embassy in Libya? Or are you still buying that line?

We were attacked much in the same way by two individuals in Canada, neither were not card carrying members of Isis, but definitely Isis inspired. We can run around like Obama and scream gun control until are heads explode, but Canada probably has the tightest gun laws in the West.

So instead of trying to make it not about Isis, why not accept the fact that radicalization is a new twist in this lousy business?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Of course it's the media's fault. Just like it's global warming's fault that his daughter has asthma, despite the fact the shmuck smoked for the first three years of her life.
Of course blaming somebody/something else isn't exactly something that Obama has a monopoly on. Hell, that's the name of the game in politics anymore, when your policies go awry blame the other party or the media or anything/one else you can think of because it's never your own fault. You know your policy is sound because that little voice in your head told you it was.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Retired_Can_Soldier; said:
Gopher, come on. That's the best spin I have heard so far. There is a new breed of Terrorist that may not be a card carrying member of Isis, but are Isis inspired. This is a bigger threat to the security of the West than any terror group, because it can come out of nowhere.

So, how does one stop citizens from becoming radicalized and carrying out what is a essentially a lone wolf attack.

We have heard similar reports about AQ.

As for the answer to your question, I have already supplied it: GTFO the Middle East.

Remember when certain right wingers on this forum said I used to give Obama a "free ride" meaning that I never criticized him? Well, this is the one issue where I say he is completely wrong in extending Bush's war. And that is a matter I have said here repeatedly.

Make a full retreat, apologize to those innocent people in Iraq and Syria for bombing them, and get the hell out. What goes on there is none of our goddamn business - it never was and never will be.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Something something the media is out to get Harper something something.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You have to excuse the boy Fluffer, he's feeling embarrassed and dumb, so he'll lash out a lot and look even dumber for a couple days.