Donald Trump: I Could Have Prevented 9/11

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Donald Trump: I Could Have Prevented 9/11

The tycoon takes aim at Republican rival Jeb Bush as he insists his tough stance on immigration would have kept America safe.

Donald Trump has claimed the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Centre and the Pentagon probably would not have happened if he had been President.

In an interview with Fox News, the real estate billionaire said if he had "been running things" his tough stance on immigration would have meant "a good chance" that the plane hijackers "would not have been in our country".

The comments come amid growing tensions between Mr Trump and one of his rivals for the Republican presidential nomination, Jeb Bush.

Mr Trump has repeatedly tried to attack Mr Bush by forcing him to defend his brother George W Bush’s security record while in office, and criticising him for taking America to war in Iraq.

Jeb Bush has adopted a four-word riposte in defence of his brother - "He kept us safe" - which has gained applause from debate audiences.

However, in his appearance on Fox News Sunday, Mr Trump said: "Jeb said we were safe with my brother, we were safe. Well the World Trade Centre just fell down.

"Now am I trying to blame him? I'm not blaming anybody. But the World Trade Centre came down, so when he said we were safe, that's not safe."

Asked how Mr Trump would have done things differently, he said: "I am extremely, extremely tough on immigration. I'm extremely tough on people coming into this country.

"I believe that if I were running things, I doubt those families would have - I doubt that those people would've been in the country."

All but one of the 19 men who hijacked the four planes involved in the attacks entered the country legally either on business, student or tourist visas.

Responding to Mr Trump's comments, Jeb Bush said in a CNN interview: "Does anyone actually blame my brother for the attacks on 9/11? If they do, they're totally marginalised in our society.

"It’s what he did afterwards that matters, and I'm proud of him."

Mr Bush also hit back at the former reality TV star, saying: "Across the spectrum of foreign policy, Mr Trump talks about things as though he's still on The Apprentice."

The former Governor of Florida, who trails Mr Trump in the polls, also released this video lampooning the property tycoon's grasp on foreign policy.

However, the man who prefers to be known as Jeb! (always with an exclamation mark) is failing to inject excitement into his campaign.

The latest Fox poll has Mr Trump leading the field of 15 remaining candidates with Mr Bush in fifth place, also behind Ben Carson, Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio.

source: Donald Trump: I Could Have Prevented 9/11

Hindsight is 20/20

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Trump is full of it once more.....

Identity and Immigration Status of 9/11 Terrorists (2011)

According to authorities, all of the hijackers who committed the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks were foreigners. All of them entered the country legally on a temporary visa, mostly tourist visas with entry permits for six months. Although four of them attended flight school in the United States, only one is known to have entered on an appropriate visa for such study, and one entered on an F-1 student visa. Besides the four pilots, all but one of the terrorists entered the United States only once and had been in the country for only three to five months before the attacks.

More...... Identity and Immigration Status of 9/11 Terrorists (2011)

Last edited:

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Since the Joos were responsible for 9/11, he must have been willing to round them all up. I can certainly see why Boomer like the guy.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Fox News stepped into the GOP presidential campaign to reposition Donald Trump’s finger away from pointing at George W. Bush for 9/11, even though he was the actual president at the time, and urged Trump to malign Bill Clinton, instead.

Never mind that Bush was sworn into office nearly a full nine months before 9/11 happened. And, of course, it doesn’t’ count that, as the 9/11 Commission reported, the CIA was warning that the systems was “blinking red.” Nor that on August 6, 2001 – more than a month before the attacks – Bush received a presidential briefing titled, “Bin Laden Determined to Strike in US.”

No, the only “fair and balanced” blame for the attacks belongs to the president who was gone from office nearly a year before: Bill Clinton. At least that's what Fox wants Trump to say and you to think.

Media Matters caught the Fox & Friends hosts not so subtly trying to rejigger Trump's talking points so that he stopped criticizing Republican competitor Jeb Bush for saying that brother George "kept us safe" while he was president and pointing out the obvious truth that he didn't:

video

Fox News Prods Trump To Blame Bill Clinton, Not George Bush, for 9/11 - NewsHounds

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
There are problems in America and the biggest is There is a Republican Party.
Think about it. America has people losing jobs, homes, the education system
is falling apart, roads and bridges need repair the mentally ill are not cared for
and where are the Republicans? They are trying to figure out who should get
the blame for 9/11 and they are listening to a blowhard of all blowhard's.
Trump is an idiot he babbles about things that have little real substance.
9/11 would have happened like he is the anointed one.
Where is the substance? where is the plan to really create jobs and move the
economy forward? Where is the real vision that can capture the imagination
of a new generation that will re-invent America and position it in the top column
of nations?
Instead Republicans talk about building a wall with Canada (if they do we should
lock the gates) they have stolen enough of our iron, oil and other valuable materials
at deflated prices.
The Republicans are talking about gay marriage while people go to bed hungry.
The Republicans as a scattering of misfit leaders with no sense of direction
What they don't understand is people don't want to get rid of Medicare, they want hope
and the sense that someone is leading with their values not the ego of their leaders

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Trump spends a great deal of time, promoting himself. He's as stereotypical as they come and the rest of the world would consider him to be representative of all of us, which is about as far from the truth, as mercury is from Jupiter. He's a clown dressed as a business man.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
is falling apart, roads and bridges need repair the mentally ill are not cared for
of a new generation that will re-invent America and position it in the top column
of nations?
Instead Republicans talk about building a wall with Canada (if they do we should
lock the gates) they have stolen enough of our iron, oil and other valuable materials
at deflated prices.
What they don't understand is people don't want to get rid of Medicare, they want hope
and the sense that someone is leading with their values not the ego of their leaders
Just who is this Republican president that is creating this mess ?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
of nations?
at deflated prices.

I would't get to worked up about it GOP support is getting smaller every year and they are becoming marginalized. Unless some new crisis suddenly comes along, they will not have achance at the Presidency, this time around either.

Maybe, the GOP will launch a terrorist attack to discredit the Democrat President.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I would't get to worked up about it GOP support is getting smaller every year and they are becoming marginalized. Unless some new crisis suddenly comes along, they will not have achance at the Presidency, this time around either.

Maybe, the GOP will launch a terrorist attack to discredit the Democrat President.
that's what I hate about politics. Vital issues take a back seat to mud slinging. It's sickening. Elementary school children display a greater degree of maturity than these things.