The American sense of justice and morality is dead. Do you agree?

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
The American sense of justice and morality is dead. Do you agree?

Are those qualities dead everywhere?

http://www.c-span.org/video/?328079-1/senator-bernie-sanders-ivt-remarks-liberty-university

Vigilantism is driven by a sense of justice and morality. That sense is feared by our oligarch and plutocrat owners. That vigilantism, I think, is what used to keep the politician in line and our oligarch owners more generous towards their underlings/us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2gO4DKVpa8&feature=player_embedded

Justice and the American Dream were driven by a sense of justice and morality. That sense of justice and morality has been replaced, at the top of the demographic pyramid, and our new owners, by the new sense that the acquisition of wealth is now the moral and just ideal. The oligarchs’ new God is now money.

The rich, in their gated communities, think themselves secure and think that their huge wealth will protect them and isolate them from justice. They do not fear vigilantes as they seem to think that the heart and desire for justice is no longer in the average American heart.

Are they correct?

Are we all willing to continue in such a system where the rich, while driving by the poor, not only do not care for them or their plight, but also take what little the poor have as they drive on by?

I call that theft with the collusion and help of their political elected slaves, eh, politicians I mean.

Regards
DL

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Somebody's always remembering a golden age when everything was wonderful.

What American golden age are you thinking of, DL? The days of slavery? Genocide of the Indians? The time when women couldn't vote? The Jim Crow era?

Do tell us when the U.S. was this wonderful, shining example of morality.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Somebody's always remembering a golden age when everything was wonderful.

What American golden age are you thinking of, DL? The days of slavery? Genocide of the Indians? The time when women couldn't vote? The Jim Crow era?

Do tell us when the U.S. was this wonderful, shining example of morality.

I don't have that answer to that but would put the end to it where many sociologists do.

When we invented air conditioning and stopped hanging out on our porches.

I do have some moral questions in the O.P.

Planning on having a go at them?

Regards
DL

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I don't have that answer to that but would put the end to it where many sociologists do.

So pre-air conditioning, the U.S. was a shining example of morality?

Not really. They're based on false facts and undefined terms.

Pretty much like all your crap.

Regards,
TB

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

Regards
DL

I have read to the end and the American don't know of an american dream age. It was TV, the dream weaver, look at who we are. He has obviously never stared up at Lincolns statue in adoration. He's what's wrong with the country. At least the country thinks that. There record speaks for itself. It was all on TV. I seen it IN THE SIXTYS.

What I find interesting is this vague notion that in a nation of 300 million, all think the same. What does American Sense even mean ?

If youd watch a bit more TV you wouldnt need to ask questions.

I owe my grasp of ancient American History to Walt Disney and Gun Smoke and that great scholar Clunt Eastwood and his many historical features.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
So pre-air conditioning, the U.S. was a shining example of morality?

Regards,
TB

You asked my opinion and I gave it.

Are you in agreement of not.

From the sociological angle, did you know what I meant?

Regards
DL

What I find interesting is this vague notion that in a nation of 300 million, all think the same. What does American Sense even mean ?

Historically. It is likely close to the American Dream. A take off of what all countries try to promote.

Regards
DL

I have read to the end and the American don't know of an american dream age. It was TV, the dream weaver, look at who we are. He has obviously never stared up at Lincolns statue in adoration. He's what's wrong with the country. At least the country thinks that. There record speaks for itself. It was all on TV. I seen it IN THE SIXTYS.

If youd watch a bit more TV you wouldnt need to ask questions.

I owe my grasp of ancient American History to Walt Disney and Gun Smoke and that great scholar Clunt Eastwood and his many historical features.

And let's not forget the greatest. John Wayne.

Regards
DL

mebbe so for a few control freaks in government or in corporate board rooms

but the vast majority of Americans are good people

You will know my people by their works and deeds.

Good is as good does.

The U.S. as well as most nations live with the immorality of the graph I showed.

Regards
DL

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
You asked my opinion and I gave it.

Are you in agreement of not.

From the sociological angle, did you know what I meant?

Regards
DL

Historically. It is likely close to the American Dream. A take off of what all countries try to promote.

Regards
DL

And let's not forget the greatest. John Wayne.

Regards
DL

You will know my people by their works and deeds.

Good is as good does.

The U.S. as well as most nations live with the immorality of the graph I showed.

Regards
DL
What American Dream? One mans dream is another mans nightmare. People are not all the same anywhere. You put everything in a box and label it "your perception". Your question is vague . Makes very little sense.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
I am in complete agreement of not.

Yet do not offer another time or your opinion.

Too much thinking for you I guess.

And here I thought most Canadians knew how to communicate.

I live. I learn.

Regards
DL

What American Dream? One mans dream is another mans nightmare. People are not all the same anywhere. You put everything in a box and label it "your perception". Your question is vague . Makes very little sense.

I guess that you have not seem too many of the sociological studies that show just how alike we all are.

Sure, there are minor differences in language and how we label things but we are almost all identical when you look closely.

Regards
DL

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Only with the Dems.

The Reps have run the governments congress for a long time so they are likely worse than the Dems.

I don't think it maters much which oligarch owned party rules.

Check this out.

20 years of data reveals that Congress doesn't care what you think.

Regards
DL

Playing silly games based on undefined concepts and false facts? You bet.

Maybe if you live long enough, you'll learn I ain't Canadian.

We can't all be lucky.

Regards
DL

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
It's a stupid question.

Yet do not offer another time or your opinion.

Too much thinking for you I guess.

And here I thought most Canadians knew how to communicate.

I live. I learn.

Regards
DL

I guess that you have not seem too many of the sociological studies that show just how alike we all are.

Sure, there are minor differences in language and how we label things but we are almost all identical when you look closely.

Regards
DL
No, we are not all alike. Each individual if they will be themselves is unique. Sir,,,you are full of shyt and intellectually dishonest. Like bones said, you like to play games with the notion you are being clever. My suggestion, get over yourself you're not as clever as you think.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I see where the OP is going with this. There was a sense of justice and morality in the US at one time, but the computer/communications age has made it damn near impossible for people to continue maintaining the illusion. Because that's all it's ever been is an illusion.
One man's morality is another man's murder.