Gubmint ruins most everything it touches

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Society needs a government that runs by the consent of the governed to protect the interests o the governed. An invisible government that places no regulations on the activity of society assuming that everyone will behave themselves toward each other would be disastrous. No government is perfect as no society is perfect. If you don't want big brother intervening in your affairs, then grow up and stop screwin each other over to further your own thing.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Tell us how the government ruined the military, the road system, the internet, the space program, the railroads, commercial aviation, and old-age pensions, Walter.

I can't speak for the US military but I worked for the Canadian military for a while. Most disorganized group I have ever seen. Way tooo much management and a lot of it never really got there on merit. In our military being able to speak French is more important than knowing which end of a rifle to point. I once asked a career noncom I worked with how such a disorganized, incompetent group could ever win a battle. His answer? "all armies are the same so it is a wash."

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I would think that any organization you worked for would be, by association, disorganized. I guess that's what sets us part. Organizations I work for are usually trend setters, highly organized and extremely goal focused.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Erm, it isn't rocket surgery: more and more and more and more and more people, less space and less space and less space and less space there is. We have a tendency to apply the idea of supply and demand to things so yeah, less space makes space more valuable. What are they wanting to do, let SanFran keep growing until all of Cali is a big city?
Frackin DUH