Should Texas Secede?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Should Texas Secede? Texans May Have Ballot Question to “Reassert Its Status As Independent Nation”

The question of secession on a ballot it is a one. Secession might make a powerful statement to voice defiance government tyranny, but it could also set off sparks.
Now, it appears that the biggest and most independent-minded state in the union might test that question. What happens after that is anyone’s guess.
Regardless, the possibility shows the pulse of the nation:

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
When it reaches to sovereignty, they will not allow that.
Like Scotland when intended to secede from Britain. And when there were demonstrations, they silenced all that by force in both UK and USA.
But may be later on, the economic and other factors may oblige them to secede, while now their advantage is to remain united.

Last edited:

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Not this again, it's every few years somebody has this silly idea that Texas would ever leave the USA.

I think we have a better chance that Quebec leaves Canada before Texas leaves the USA.

Maybe Texas will become a country within a country under a decree from Obama :lol:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Trump will pay it off with his trillions of dollars, and you'll be able to trade your wife in every 3 years and renew a lease for a 20 something younger model. :lol:

I don't think so, but he is making rebuilding noise, like any populist would.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
The USofA should embrace this. Built in terrorists. No more all that expensive middle east logistics to keep the citizens afraid and stupid.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I can't see why TX would secede nor can I see why it should, so, no.

When it reaches to sovereignty, they will not allow that.
Like Scotland when intended to secede from Britain. And when there were demonstrations, they silenced all that by force in both UK and USA.
lol There were demonstrations and that sort of thing, but the vote was something like 55% of the 85% of voting Scots against them gaining their independence.
What demonstrations were squelched by force? You are full of dog dung. The most violent act I heard consisted of people throwing eggs.

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Hope and change that's what's needed. hahahahahah Most of have forgotten that crap by now so it just needs tweekin, how about faith and progress. How far can Texas get, I mean thier attached.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
We had a thread about this along while ago. As before, sure, let them secede but only after they have paid back the monies given to them by Washington DC and their share of the federal debt.

Then, they are free to go.