‘Black Lives Matter’ Protesters DRIVE Bernie Sanders From His OWN Campaign Event!

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The left eating itself, courtesy of George Soros and his tainty minions probably. :lol:

Today at a campaign event for Bernie Sanders, a bunch of “Black Lives Matter” morons took over the microphone and stopped him from speaking!

les pictures and videos:

‘Black Lives Matter’ Protesters DRIVE Bernie Sanders From His OWN Campaign Event! LOL!

Protesters drove Bernie Sanders from one Seattle stage. At his next stop, 15,000 people showed. - The Washington Post

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Likely from Hillary's camp or can BLM people be so stupid that don't know Bernie's history?

This wasn't even a Bernie Sanders rally so these losers really didn't know what they were doing.

This was an annual Social Security and Medicare rally that he was invited to speak at.

Bernie Sanders brief history

1) Marched in the 1963 "March On Washington" demanding justice and fair treatment for black people. That's right - he marched with Martin Luther King, Jr.
2) Not only that, he was an organizer for the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee at that march.
3) He supported Jessie Jackson's early attempt to become the first black President back in the 80s.
4) He went to jail as a protestor, trying to desegregate schools.
5) For ****'s sake, he even recorded an album where he sang "We Shall Overcome"

This handful of facts is just the tip of the Bernie Sanders iceberg. Show me another candidate in the field right now who can hold a candle to Bernie Sanders on black issues.

When Bernie Sanders allowed these screaming idiots to speak, I think he was blindsided and initially thought to himself:

"Oh, here are some black people. Black people don't get enough of a voice in our political system. I don't like at all that they are disrupting ... but they're insisting so I guess I'll let them talk for a bit."

Then they just screamed and acted like they were mentally ill, and Bernie saw no way to move ahead the rally while protecting what little was left of Black Lives Matter's tattered image. The only way forward would be to have them handcuffed, possibly tackled and maced. He didn't want to be painted with a scene like that, and he didn't want to further humiliate Black Lives Matter (in typical BLM form, they were doing a fine job of that on their own).

So he just waved, apologized and left.

Here's Bernie organizing a sit-in to protest segregation in his school's dormitories in the 70's

When you trash someone on your side because of the colour of their skin, Then call those who disagrees with you racist. You may be an idiot.........

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BnbwUT7lBg

Last edited:

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
You have to take Waltard's sources with a whole f*cking salt mine.

Those who disrupted the meeting were not actually members of BLM but of an agitating group:

except the protesters aren't actually part of the BLM movement.

The protesters are actually members of a group called Outside Agitators 206. You can see the connection here; this is the same "Press Release" as posted on the "Official" Seattle BLM Facebook Page. I am using quotes, because this is absolutely not an "official" page; it was created extremely recently and it seems to me and many others that these two women have co-opted the BLM movement and name to further their own, more extreme message. This is from their About page:

We are the Outside Agitators 206.

First off, we have four points of unity:

We center Black voices to celebrate and affirm Blackness. We believe that any movement to end anti-Black racism must be led by Black people.

We believe that everyone has a right to resist their oppressors and what resistance looks like varies for different individuals and different circumstances.

We don’t directly speak to corporate media, nor do we need them. We are our own voice.

F.u.c.k the police: As an institution fundamentally rooted in white supremacy and anti-Blackness we reject the police presence in our communities, absolutely. It is our responsibility to hold each other accountable and keep each other safe.

Seattle BLM Protest Was Not BLM (Sorta)

obviously somebody paid them to disrupt the meeting - notice how the news media remains strangely silent about that

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
F.u.c.k the police: As an institution fundamentally rooted in white supremacy and anti-Blackness we reject the police presence in our communities, absolutely. It is our responsibility to hold each other accountable and keep each other safe.

And yet if the cops stopped policing those communities they'd bitch about how the police are racist because they don't police those communities.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
[/I]
And yet if the cops stopped policing those communities they'd bitch about how the police are racist because they don't police those communities.
I know. Unreasonable to demand policing that enforces the laws impartially and fairly.

The false dichotomy of policing as it is now and no policing at all.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
[/I]

But note that those trouble makers that you quoted were NOT part of BLM:

The Real Black Lives Matter Wants Activists To Publicly Apologize to Bernie Sanders

The Real Black Lives Matter Wants Activists To Apologize to Bernie Sanders

Black Lives Matter wants the two women who shut down a Bernie Sanders event in Seattle on Saturday to publicly apologize to the Senator and Presidential Candidate.

Jason Easley wrote about Marissa Johnson and Mara Willaford shutting down Bernie Sanders’ rally in Seattle.

They led organizers and the media to believe they are part of Black Lives Matter. It’s not hard to understand why. BLM is succeeding in its efforts to raise awareness and get action on the multitude of issues that are a direct consequence of structural racism. The Black Lives Matter movement is very loosely structured without a central organization. That provides freedom to activists and supporters, but it means that BLM is also vulnerable to groups who may wish to co-opt their national reputation, as occurred on Saturday. Adding to the confusion is the fact that there are many groups who use black lives matter as a rallying call.

This is explained in a tweet by Sean Jordon.

In other words, there is an organization called Black Lives Matter. However, it’s also a rallying call for all sorts of groups who are seeking a variety of political objectives using a variety of approaches. For example the real BLM wants to work within the political system. Yes, they have demands and they want action. The group that Johnson and Willaford associate with has a very different approach and agenda.

The group is called Outside Agitators 206. Simply put, OA 206 wants to take the state apart and put it back together again as they want it.

These groups are not working together nor are they the same group even if individuals within them might support both groups.

OA is not on the list of endorsing organizations on the Black Lives Matter website.

In June, Outside Agitators 206 made its impression of the Black Lives Matter movement – and for that matter the Democratic Party when it reposted an article called Democrats Hope to Bury Black Lives Matter Under Election Blitz from a site called The Black Agenda Report.

According to the site, Glen Ford is its executive editor. From the very beginning of the article, Ford makes his views about the Black Lives Matter organization and the Democratic Party crystal clear.

The Democrats hope the Black Lives Matter movement, like the Occupy Wall Street movement, will disappear amid the hype of the coming election season. “The Democrats have mounted a systematic cooption-repression response that will intensify as the election season – and Black cities – heat up.” The Democrats understand that, for the movement to succeed, their party’s power over Black America must be broken.
In short, OA anticipates the demise of BLM, It has declared war on the Democratic Party and, in Ford’s words, “the NAACP, the Urban League, most Black local churches and labor organizations, fraternities and sororities, not to mention Jesse Jackson’s Rainbow-Push Coalition and “King Rat” Al Sharpton’s National Action Network – are annexes of the Democratic Party.”

I leave it to you to draw whatever conclusions you wish about Ford and OA 206’s silence when it come to the Republican Party, it’s policies and organizations.

On Sunday, the activists for Black Lives Matter made clear they do not support Johnson and Willaford’s actions in a petition on the site, change.org.

This petition, created by #BlackLivesMatter activists, demands that Marissa Johnson and Mara Willaford publicly apologize to Bernie Sanders.

Johnson and Willaford are the women who interrupted Bernie Sanders’ speech during a social security rally in Seattle and accused the audience of “white supremacist liberalism.”

#BlackLivesMatter activists believe that this type of behavior is inappropriate and counterproductive, and we will not support it.

It’s clear that contrary to Ford’s pronouncements about Black Lives Matter, it is succeeding. So much so that OA 206 activists tried to co-opt its name and national reputation to further its own agenda.

Johnson and Willaford owe Bernie Sanders a public apology, but they also owe one to Black Lives matter, its activists and supporters.

confrontation between the real BLM and the trouble making agitator:

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I know. Unreasonable to demand policing that enforces the laws impartially and fairly.

The false dichotomy of policing as it is now and no policing at all.
Really? So Detroit for example, with it's string of Black mayors and predominantly Black police force, enforces the laws unfairly on Black people? You can say what you want but there are still way more White folks than Black folks in the US prison system. Yes, I'm aware of the stats on proportional representation but that's also misleading. It's fairly safe to say that a large number people doing hard time in prison came from low income neighbourhoods, or dare I say, "ghettos".
The proportional representation of Black people in prison is likely due in part to their proportional representation in "ghettos". People in the lowest socio-economic bracket who live in "ghettos", regardless of "race", are more likely to have issues with the police whether by their own actions or simply by virtue of where they live and spend their time.

But note that those trouble makers that you quoted were NOT part of BLM:
I did note that and never suggested they were part of BLM. Trust me, I've heard that same line numerous times looooong before BLM was even a germ of an idea.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Really? So Detroit for example, with it's string of Black mayors and predominantly Black police force, enforces the laws unfairly on Black people? You can say what you want but there are still way more White folks than Black folks in the US prison system. Yes, I'm aware of the stats on proportional representation but that's also misleading. It's fairly safe to say that a large number people doing hard time in prison came from low income neighbourhoods, or dare I say, "ghettos".
The proportional representation of Black people in prison is likely due in part to their proportional representation in "ghettos". People in the lowest socio-economic bracket who live in "ghettos", regardless of "race", are more likely to have issues with the police whether by their own actions or simply by virtue of where they live and spend their time.
OK, y'all keep telling yourself that if it makes you more comfortable.