It's Official!! Jeb Bush Kicks Off 2016 White House Bid

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Jeb Bush Kicks Off 2016 White House Bid

Mr Bush vows to boost America's economic recovery, promising a 4% annual growth rate and 19 million new jobs if elected President.

Jeb Bush has formally launched his 2016 White House bid, telling supporters in Miami he is the candidate to steer America back from its "very bad course".

The 62-year-old former Florida governor kicked off his long-expected campaign for the US presidency during a rally at Miami-Dade College.

Mr Bush attempted to establish himself as the anti-Washington candidate, vowing to get the nation's capital "out of the business of causing problems".

He pointed to his record during two terms as Florida's governor, saying: "I know we can fix this because I've done it."

Mr Bush criticised the Obama administration and Democrats, who he said are responsible for the "slowest economic recovery ever".

"You and I know that America deserves better. They've offered a progressive agenda that includes everything but progress," he said.

"I for one am not eager to see what another four years would look like under that kind of leadership".

Mr Bush promised that if elected to the White House he would boost the economy to grow at a rate of 4% per year and create 19 million new jobs.

Political pundits predict Mr Bush's conservative credentials will be tested in the upcoming campaign, particularly on issues such as immigration.

He promised on Monday to stay true to his beliefs.

"I will campaign as I would serve, going everywhere, speaking to everyone, keeping my word, facing the issues without flinching," he said.

The son of former President George HW Bush and brother of former President George W Bush joins an already crowded Republican field.

He is the 11th candidate to seek the Republican nomination, and more are expected to announce bids in the coming weeks and months.

All roads at this early stage appear to point to a general election showdown with Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton.

Some conservatives, including Republican presidential candidate Senator Rand Paul, say the US is suffering from "Bush-Clinton fatigue".

Although Mr Bush has attempted to emerge from the shadows cast by his father and brother, he did not shy away on Monday from claiming that his family legacy was an asset.

"Take it from a guy who met his first President on the day he was born, and his second on the day he was brought home," he said to laughter and applause from his supporters.

source: Jeb Bush Kicks Off 2016 White House Bid

Can you say President Jeb Bush ?? Get used to it folks..

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
No, no, no, no.

He's not "Jeb Bush"!

He's "Jeb".

Good, old Jeb.

I wonder why he isn't running as "Bush"?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I think we can do better than Jeb Bush.
You too funny Jeb running on the Bush name and Hillary running on the Clinton name .
I am sure there must be a Kennedy and perhaps an Adams waiting in the wings .

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
You too funny Jeb running on the Bush name and Hillary running on the Clinton name .

We (Massachusetts) just had one of the Kennedy nephews become a Congressman on the first try with no experience. The election was not even close. The name was all it took.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

If you pay a bit more attention, you will notice that neither of them is running on their last names and they are both deliberately downplaying them. In both cases, the last names are loaded with too many negatives for too many potential voters.

She's not asking you to "Vote Clinton". It's " Vote Hillary" and now it's "Vote Jeb".

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
If you pay a bit more attention, you will notice that neither of them is running on their last names and they are both deliberately downplaying them. In both cases, the last names are loaded with too many negatives for too many potential voters.

She's not asking you to "Vote Clinton". It's " Vote Hillary" and now it's "Vote Jeb".
So is it vote for John Quincy or is it vote for Adams ?

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
If Jeb Bush wants to be a different kind of Republican, he should end GOP war on voting

When he was governor of Florida, Bush’s administration ordered a purge of the voter rolls that disenfranchised thousands of African-Americans, in a happy coincidence that made it possible for his brother to become president. The private corporation they hired to eliminate felons from the rolls did so by chucking off people who had a names similar to those of felons; people who had voted all their lives showed up on election day to be told that they couldn’t vote.

The remarkable outcome taught Republicans an important lesson. Here you had an election in which their candidate got fewer votes than his opponent, and the whole thing was decided in a state where his brother was the governor and the co-chair of his state campaign was the state’s chief election official. He won by an official margin of 537 votes, and the purge was just one of the things that made it possible.

The lesson was this: when it comes to voting, we can get away with almost anything. What came out of that election, as Ari Berman documents, was a wave of Republican efforts to win elections by keeping people less likely to vote Republican from being able to cast a ballot. African-Americans aren’t the only people on that list, but they’re at the top.

more

.https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...f-republican-he-should-end-gop-war-on-voting/