Sanders Gets Overwhelming attendance in Iowa

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Pettitt and about 400 others who didn't get into the auditorium after it reached the 700-person capacity listened to Sanders' speech over loudspeakers placed in the lobby. People packed the lobby all the way to the front doors and some found standing room in the stairwell.

Tears came to Jane Sander's eyes as she looked out over the crowd listening to her husband wrap up his speech.

"This many people, so early in the process, it's very inspiring, " she said.

Traveling the campaign trail with her husband, Jane Sanders stood to the side of the stage and looked out on the crowd.
When asked if she was tired from the packed schedule in Iowa, Jane Sanders said "No, energized."

As a first-time visitor to the state, Jane Sanders said that she was impressed with the number of people that showed up to the events and the thoughtful questions they asked.

Though Jane Sanders said that she was the voice of caution while the couple considered a run for the Democratic presidential nomination, she is now 100 percent behind her husband of 27 years. The two celebrated their anniversary on Thursday, the first night of campaigning in Iowa.

Jane said that watching her husband speak to a crowd of 700 people in Davenport made her feel the way she did when she first fell in love with Bernie Sanders when he was campaigning for mayor of Burlington.

Sanders packs gym, stairwells in Iowa City

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Tay, give it up. It's a two-horse race on the Democratic side, Hillary and O'Malley. I can think of one or two others who might be competitive if they join in (Jim Webb springs to mind). And even O'Malley is relying on Hillary's misdeeds and errors, and poor campaigning. I'd say it's 85-15 Hillary at this point, with O'Malley rising.

Sanders would make a good President, from my point of view. But. . . it. . . ain't. . . gonna. . . happen.

Just sayin'.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Tay, give it up. It's a two-horse race on the Democratic side, Hillary and O'Malley. I can think of one or two others who might be competitive if they join in (Jim Webb springs to mind). And even O'Malley is relying on Hillary's misdeeds and errors, and poor campaigning. I'd say it's 85-15 Hillary at this point, with O'Malley rising.

Sanders would make a good President, from my point of view. But. . . it. . . ain't. . . gonna. . . happen.

Just sayin'.

Well as odd as it may seem O'Malley has 1.8% and Bernie has climbed to 15%.

This is not about Sanders winning, it's about getting his message, which some or all of it is shared by many people out on the airwaves which the others running on both sides will have to respond to ........

Marylanders Don’t Like Martin O’Malley, So Why Would The Rest Of America?

He’s garnering just 2 percent support in Iowa, New Hampshire and national primary polls — far worse than Barack Obama at this point eight years ago.

O’Malley made some noise about running to Clinton’s left, but Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders is already occupying that ideological space. Meanwhile, O’Malley has been attacked from the left for his policing strategy during his time as Baltimore mayor.

more

Marylanders Don’t Like Martin O’Malley, So Why Would The Rest Of America? | FiveThirtyEight

Thousands can't fit to hear Bernie in Minnesota...........

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
yeah that made sense
Bill Clinton is the Dems fave and he has abused women since he reached puberty and Sanders has written some nasty stuff about women. Look it up.

Well as odd as it may seem O'Malley has 1.8% and Bernie has climbed to 15%.

This is not about Sanders winning, it's about getting his message, which some or all of it is shared by many people out on the airwaves which the others running on both sides will have to respond to ........

Marylanders Don’t Like Martin O’Malley, So Why Would The Rest Of America?
He’s garnering just 2 percent support in Iowa, New Hampshire and national primary polls — far worse than Barack Obama at this point eight years ago.
O’Malley made some noise about running to Clinton’s left, but Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders is already occupying that ideological space. Meanwhile, O’Malley has been attacked from the left for his policing strategy during his time as Baltimore mayor.

Marylanders Don’t Like Martin O’Malley, So Why Would The Rest Of America? | FiveThirtyEight

Thousands can't fit to hear Bernie in Minnesota...........

fify

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Bernie got an even bigger and far more enthused crowd at the Minneapolis American Indian Center today. Inside the crowd was 2500 and there were others outside who couldn't come in.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Bernie won't be President and its too bad. Don't mind him at all and his statements
about the No 1's is right. As long as the Republicans lose its fine with me.